There was a coo

On 05/07/2022 at 05:46, cowdenbeath said:

We’ll have a keeper need signed keepers for cup games.

Watched the Maurice Ross interview. In it he referred to wanting 2 or 3 more signings - an attacking winger, a midfielder and a 'back up goalie'. I would presume from that comment that he knows who he wants or already has for his first choice in goal. 

5 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Are season tickets valid for Airdrie game?

No, they are for league games only.

There is/was an additional tier of Club135 membership which gives admission to all cup games, lounge access and some other benefits, seems a good deal if you can make most games.

http://www.cowdenbeathfc.com/index.php?act=viewNews&id=3166

Hope the core of the team get a good run out tonight, and any trialists show up well and grab their chance.

Looking forward to first trip to Fife on Saturday, under no illusions how hard it will be, just looking forward to getting back to Central Park.

2 hours ago, ronaldincoo said:

Anybody who went able to offer any observations on the game last night ?

Not good from a Cowdenbeath perspective.   Trialist goalkeeper and ten signed outfield players started.   A couple more young trialists came on in second half.  One subbed off again after 10 minutes.  May have been injured but didn't look it - he had played pretty decent.  Still no sign of Sinclair or Akhamaneze - presumably both injured.   A few promising looking lads for Cowdenbeath but also some haddies.

Cowden took lead in half an hour - Donaldson from close range.  Lochore equalised with penalty just after half time then hit bar with a free kick.  Robinson of Cowdenbeath booked.

Both teams had chances to win game. .    Lochore well worth a draw.  Couple of really good players in their side.  Cannot help wondering if that might be a better market for Cowdenbeath than SPFL youth cast offs.

16 minutes ago, perthmo said:

Not good from a Cowdenbeath perspective.   Trialist goalkeeper and ten signed outfield players started.   A couple more young trialists came on in second half.  One subbed off again after 10 minutes.  May have been injured but didn't look it - he had played pretty decent.  Still no sign of Sinclair or Akhamaneze - presumably both injured.   A few promising looking lads for Cowdenbeath but also some haddies.

Cowden took lead in half an hour - Donaldson from close range.  Lochore equalised with penalty just after half time then hit bar with a free kick.  Robinson of Cowdenbeath booked.

Both teams had chances to win game. .    Lochore well worth a draw.  Couple of really good players in their side.  Cannot help wondering if that might be a better market for Cowdenbeath than SPFL youth cast offs.

Sinclair is in Greece back for this weekend. But last night was a poor showing started off well pressed well was impressed with the 2 st mirren loanees. Second half the energy levels dropped massively we were under massive pressure and just shelling it to lochores back line to start another attack. Yesterdays starting 11 probably wont be far off our starting 11. Both outfield trialists nothing spectacular not worth signing. Keeper few hesitant moments. Disappointed in giving away another penalty just clumsy quite a few times our defenders just had to get goal side and out strength their attackers but didn’t happen. League cup games like maurice said just pre season and all about trying to gel but we can’t go into the season making the mistakes I’ve witnessed in the last 2 friendlies. Mon the coo

Sinclair is in Greece back for this weekend. But last night was a poor showing started off well pressed well was impressed with the 2 st mirren loanees. Second half the energy levels dropped massively we were under massive pressure and just shelling it to lochores back line to start another attack. Yesterdays starting 11 probably wont be far off our starting 11. Both outfield trialists nothing spectacular not worth signing. Keeper few hesitant moments. Disappointed in giving away another penalty just clumsy quite a few times our defenders just had to get goal side and out strength their attackers but didn’t happen. League cup games like maurice said just pre season and all about trying to gel but we can’t go into the season making the mistakes I’ve witnessed in the last 2 friendlies. Mon the coo

Cowden under “massive” pressure ? Really not very promising.

34 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

At least we are now down to 2 trialists some of the ones who played in the opening two games were way off Lowland League standard.

Talking about shite players I see deadly Dave has joined a Welsh side.

I have been avoiding my Cowdenbeath supporting colleague today as I was at the game and I'm afraid he'll ask me what I thought of it. I knew there would be a dip in standard but I was shocked at how much.

If that is anywhere near Cowden's starting eleven for the season be very, very afraid. The first half was pretty poor all round but Lochore were definitely the better team in the second with the best chances and a good shout for a 2nd penalty. There was virtually no cohesion about the Cowdenbeath team and they badly need a few experienced players to provide a backbone and some guidance on the park to the youngsters.

The more the game went on the more convinced I became that there will be some big defeats - double figures, I reckon - from the better teams in the League. That's two draws against East of Scotland opposition, both playing their first friendly this season, and that is about their level at the moment.

26 minutes ago, Dunfermline Jag said:

I have been avoiding my Cowdenbeath supporting colleague today as I was at the game and I'm afraid he'll ask me what I thought of it. I knew there would be a dip in standard but I was shocked at how much.

If that is anywhere near Cowden's starting eleven for the season be very, very afraid. The first half was pretty poor all round but Lochore were definitely the better team in the second with the best chances and a good shout for a 2nd penalty. There was virtually no cohesion about the Cowdenbeath team and they badly need a few experienced players to provide a backbone and some guidance on the park to the youngsters.

The more the game went on the more convinced I became that there will be some big defeats - double figures, I reckon - from the better teams in the League. That's two draws against East of Scotland opposition, both playing their first friendly this season, and that is about their level at the moment.

😬