There was a coo

Just in the door from the match today well what can I say I am aware its a young team we have and to try and stay positive but a few individual performances were dreadful today I am a paying supporter so am entitled to my piece. No.6 Harry who we just announced yesterday was miles off the pace 3/4 seconds late to every tackle didn’t look interested in the slightest boys just skipping past him and no real hunger to chase them. Both centre backs with too many mistakes/stray passes than the acceptable amount lack of winning the first ball for 2 tall strong powerful centre backs. The lack of experience in the team really shows very quiet on the pitch during spells. We 100% need experienced heads simple as that 36 year old alan trouten was excellent for them today didn’t put a foot wrong done his job. On to the positives both full backs were excellent really impressed with young ewan thomson real fight and desire and good on the ball. David struthers looks a player in the middle of the park covered every area pressed them for the time he was on. But we did lose the game in the middle of the park today lucas berry never in it and less said about Harry osborne was poor against swifts and beyond poor today. Subs looked okay no one stood out mario up top certainly did not. Hope the players we were missing today would have changed the game cause that was a tough tough watch.

Edited by cowdenbeath0-3

1 hour ago, signalmen said:

Oops bad day at the office

First time the starting line up has played together to be fair.

Thought we were doing alright until the two quick fire goals from East Fife.

The second half was a non event having to play the last 25 minutes with 10 men after the boy went off with a head knock and we didn’t have any subs left to replace him.

Just in the door from the match today well what can I say I am aware its a young team we have and to try and stay positive but a few individual performances were dreadful today I am a paying supporter so am entitled to my piece. No.6 Harry who we just announced yesterday was miles off the pace 3/4 seconds late to every tackle didn’t look interested in the slightest boys just skipping past him and no real hunger to chase them. Both centre backs with too many mistakes/stray passes than the acceptable amount lack of winning the first ball for 2 tall strong powerful centre backs. The lack of experience in the team really shows very quiet on the pitch during spells. We 100% need experienced heads simple as that 36 year old alan trouten was excellent for them today didn’t put a foot wrong done his job. On to the positives both full backs were excellent really impressed with young ewan thomson real fight and desire and good on the ball. David struthers looks a player in the middle of the park covered every area pressed them for the time he was on. But we did lose the game in the middle of the park today lucas berry never in it and less said about Harry osborne was poor against swifts and beyond poor today. Subs looked okay no one stood out mario up top certainly did not. Hope the players we were missing today would have changed the game cause that was a tough tough watch.

Wasn’t there, however, that’s what I was dreading. Someone like Mango would have made a big difference but the manager seems to have other ideas. We have to get behind the team but it will be a rocky road.

6 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

Yes, Ross wanted our number two to come back on and Crawford was ok with it, but officials wouldn't allow it.

Aye with it being an official public game the ref was correct.

If it had happened in an unofficial game like the Inverkeithing one you would have been able to make the change.

7 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Wasn’t there, however, that’s what I was dreading. Someone like Mango would have made a big difference but the manager seems to have other ideas. We have to get behind the team but it will be a rocky road.

I doubt we would be able to afford Mango.

13 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Or mango has or had other ideas?

Experienced keeper and no.6 be ideal, yes hard to find the right one who’ll want to play at lowland and affordable I am aware but must be some out there. I like maurices formation of the flat back 4 with a 6 holding just infront but harry osborne is not the 6 for us simple as that.

It's a pre-season friendly ffs, so some punters need to calm down, lol. I expected next season to be full of ups and downs.  I saw some positive signs in the Swifts game from the players.

Is Harry Osbourne the player who was no 20 and played 2nd half last week vs Swifts? If so, I thought he did well but wasn't there today to comment on his performance.

I agree we need more experienced players in the team, but we need ones who will set the best example and standards for the squad. Last season, imho too many "experienced" players let us down with their attitude and performances.

MoRo & club will be working hard to get experienced players in the squad but it will not be easy as they will have a number of offers on the table. However, it comes down to money and we don't seem to have too much of it

Started well. Shape was good.  2 poor goals to lose. Fitness was good and nice energy in forward areas.

Experience players aren't in huge supply. If they are most of them likely have higher ambitions or are too expensive previous attempts at signing "experience" has failed due to demands or dont want to drop down. 

Once trialists came on and east fife changed a lot the game was a dead rubber.

Good to get mins in some lads and some tactical things going on to help them for future games. 

Another game wednesday where we should have more of the ball also.

Airdrie next week will be very tough as they have some good players. 

Mon the cowden

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Yes he’s gone elsewhere, don’t build your hopes up. We will need at least a couple of experienced players to get anywhere.

I know he has went elsewhere just pointing out I doubt we would have been able to offer him a big wage.

I do however agree that we need some experienced players - keeper, centre half and a forward to put a spine in the team.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Some exciting news for the junction bar supporters club being announced tomorrow. The club will be doing all we can to support and raise funds for the club.

When would be the best time to drop off a Cowdenbeath bar mat? Compliments of Cowdenbeath FC Club shop 

8 minutes ago, silkybeath said:

When would be the best time to drop off a Cowdenbeath bar mat? Compliments of Cowdenbeath FC Club shop 

Oh just whenever I will tell the pub owner so if it could be handed in to whoevers on shift behind the bar would be appreciated thank you very much!!

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I know he has went elsewhere just pointing out I doubt we would have been able to offer him a big wage.

I do however agree that we need some experienced players - keeper, centre half and a forward to put a spine in the team.

I suspect little budget available for experience.

We have signed 15 strangers to each other, it’s going to take at least the first quarter of the season to gel, probably more. It’s not going to be an easy watch I fear.

17 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

I suspect little budget available for experience.

We have signed 15 strangers to each other, it’s going to take at least the first quarter of the season to gel, probably more. It’s not going to be an easy watch I fear.

Always going to be hard to start from scratch.

Some will be good others will not be.

Same thing happened last season with Stenny last summer signing 24 new players.

A season of rebuilding not going to be easy but at the same time refreshing having players who want to be there bursting a gut.