There was a coo

51 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

That would be a hard game if we beat Colts.

Decent side Swifts I was there last season.

Cracking steak pie and soup.

Who is running this competition. ?

Went to the LL Twitter to see the draw and they seem to be ignoring it completely !

8 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Who is running this competition. ?

Went to the LL Twitter to see the draw and they seem to be ignoring it completely !

Officially there's a competition committee. 2 reps each from the LL, WoS, EoS, SoS. I believe it's the South's Secretary that does the general admin and running of the competition.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aiden Gilmartin and Ewan Thomson also on loan from them.

Anyone know if any of the 3 new signings played in the match on Friday?

I see East Fife drew with Civil Service and lost to Spartans. Should get a better idea of how we compare when we play East Fife on Saturday.

Pre season has never meant anything to be honest, last season we looked good in the first few cup games, livingston etc. then got relegated. wouldn’t look to much in to these games

14 minutes ago, SilkybeathJr said:

Pre season has never meant anything to be honest, last season we looked good in the first few cup games, livingston etc. then got relegated. wouldn’t look to much in to these games

We don't have anything else to judge it on though. It's a whole new squad and a very young one at that. Fingers crossed it works well and I think it's worth giving it a go, but I can't help starting to worry already.

8 hours ago, PELE said:

We don't have anything else to judge it on though. It's a whole new squad and a very young one at that. Fingers crossed it works well and I think it's worth giving it a go, but I can't help starting to worry already.

It’s very very difficult to pull a whole new squad together and be successful. I would guess it’s almost impossible unless you have more clout than the rest of your league like say Kelty had. 
But he has to start somewhere and build a core for the next few seasons that can be added to as required to eventually arrive at a decent team. 
Another issue is that alot of youngsters being released won’t be good enough, as seen when Billy Brown tried the same thing a few seasons ago, albeit the LL isn’t as high a level so more chance they can be alright.

Maybe Ross can lay the foundations for a future manager?

9 hours ago, PELE said:

I see East Fife drew with Civil Service and lost to Spartans. Should get a better idea of how we compare when we play East Fife on Saturday.

I was at Spartans v East Fife who scored from a cracking free kick.

They were comfortable enough without posing much of a goal threat and lost 2 late goals after putting lots of their under 20 players on.

Spartans have a settled side with a bit of depth and should be up there for the title.