There was a coo

Friday will be the first time all the lads have played together so I wouldnt read too much into it alongside the fact some trialists will play to ascertain if they will be good enough for a contract.

The games in premier cup although important are more fitness and gelling the squad and tweaking how the team wishes to play etc. However those games wont really be games you can judge how the season will go based on the fact 2 teams are pretty much full time and all in much higher leagues.

The club is gonna need everyone pulling together and there will be bumps and set backs. Its gonna happen. Looking forward to the new season and I think so are a lot of the fans which is great. 

Look forward to the berwick over 35s team against our u21 team.

Can never look too much into pre season games even the league cup games we’re not expected to win any. All about trying new things seeing if they will work or not on the pitch making your mistakes pre season/league cup so that we’re raring to go whoever we get first game of the season. Quick touch on junction bar memberships lots new members signed up for the season membership will guarantee you a seat on the bus and the bus we have is only a 16 seater so if you would like to travel to away games on the bus with us please look at memberships by messaging the jbcsc facebook page. Mon the coo

7 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

Completely agree with the points made about pre season games. I rarely ever attended them in the past as they were basically just a way of experimenting with your squad and looking at trialists. 

I’m all in favour of going with promising young players but my concern at this point  is the lack of experience in our team  and the assembling of a completely new squad and basically starting from scratch. The point has correctly been made that the players we had for the past few seasons failed us, as did the previous manager. Probably only a few were worthy of trying to retain. 

“ You can’t win anything with youngsters “ was a famous, probably misquoted by me line from Alan Hanson. We aren’t exactly Manchester United though. 
 I still feel that we need more experienced players in the team. It’s all about balance. Most successful teams have a blend of promising young players who are hungry and seasoned pros who have experience and can steady the ship when things are tough. We aren’t going to win the league this year and that’s fair enough but I’d like to see a competitive team on the park. 

There’s a lot of enthusiasm amongst the Cowden supporters which is brilliant to see, given our massive fail this year. Fingers crossed that Mo can build a competitive team on what must be an extremely limited budget. 

Fair point. The experience element is an interesting one. Is experience a 35 year old or a is it a 25 year old who has playedd 100 games at spfl level.

The club I know for a fact has tried to bring in spfl experienced players but lost out either due to money or players not wanting to drop to lowland league that's the reality. We have tried. Will continue to try recruit well. There is experienced players dropped down to lowland but been offered significant sums more to play at other teams.

For ex players I think 3 or 4 were offered and turned them down to move on again for either more money or change of scenery.  Again we move on. I see comments why didnt we keep them or why didnt we re sign him its maybe that the player didnt want too...👌.

Probably be around 7 or 8 trialists tonight.

2 or 3 loan signings incoming.

Get behind the lads. Mon the cowden.

36 minutes ago, vince sinclair said:

Back in the "glory" days singing 4 experienced player got us promotion.  Johny Martin, Boyle, Nipper and Wright.

Anyway vast majority of fans are right behind Mo and the club.  All that's required now is a good start to the league.  

And those players were likely expensive as Gordon McDougall pushed the boat out to acquire them 

1 hour ago, vince sinclair said:

Back in the "glory" days singing 4 experienced player got us promotion.  Johny Martin, Boyle, Nipper and Wright.

Anyway vast majority of fans are right behind Mo and the club.  All that's required now is a good start to the league.  

loved that team. jimmy boyle what a player. 

So just to be clear:

• There's no point reading too much into these friendlies. This is the first time these guys have played with each other and there'll be trialists too.

• There's no point reading too much into these cup games. This is all about experience and gelling the team.

• There's no point reading too much into these league games. This is a young squad, they need time.

• The only match that matters is Berwick Over 35s. Small club mentality.

Maurice Ross has the easiest gig in the world. Completely failed last season, took you down, gets rewarded for it and now he can do no wrong. No wonder he's got so much time to spew conspiracy theories the big roaster

Edited by berwick-the-unbeatable

5 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

So just to be clear:

• There's no point reading too much into these friendlies. This is the first time these guys have played with each other and there'll be trialists too.

• There's no point reading too much into these cup games. This is all about experience and gelling the team.

• There's no point reading too much into these league games. This is a young squad, they need time.

Maurice Ross has the easiest gig in the world. Completely failed last season, took you down, gets rewarded for it and now he can do no wrong. No wonder he's got so much time to spew conspiracy theories the big roaster

Give you the first 2 points pal but the last 2 you’re at it. Its a friday afternoon have a day off

2 hours ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

So just to be clear:

Roaster...😂😂. Pot kettle lad. Fucking hilarious the meltdown you and ur cronies had when you were relegated. English pub team

3 hours ago, AJ77 said:

How did Andy Barrowman get on at yourselves last season? Seen he got a few goals, has he signed up again for yous next season?

Andy went back to the states. Good lad and good player but hadn't seen family in over 2 years I think it was.

Not long home from work and was sorely tempted to jump in the car, but couldn’t face fighting across town from the east side of Edinburgh. 

My daughter was well up for it, the lure of sweeties and juice from the Beath bargain stores was in her mind. 😆

Never mind, hope it’s interesting and some gems are unearthed.