There was a coo

I don’t know what I was expecting this close season. A huge turnover for sure, perhaps a couple remaining (and yes, I appreciate some fans wanted the lot emptied) and a lot of new faces, youngsters keen to make their mark.

I don’t think anyone can really be sure how this will go, there’s winging it and there’s winging it in the lead up to the first friendly. Just have to have faith that the management team know what they are doing.

I can’t make it on Friday evening, never has a first friendly game of the season had the potential to be so interesting and probably confusing.

42 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

A bad week gets worse for Cowdenbeath Football Club! First they add another child jobber - only this time they can only muster a loan from a side in the same league. Now their best player decides to move to the Lowland League's biggest club. Deary me!

Ah well, Nelly will be along to tell us that a squad of kids is a great thing again soon, and I suppose it'll be nice to have another Uni team in the league. Berwick Over 35s v Cowden U21's will be something special for us all to look forward to.

I wondered where the resident fanny had got to, and up he pops. I’m sure Vomit the Stenny fan will be along soon to add his pearls of wisdom.

Nice of you to pop into this busy thread, pity the rest of the Lowland League section is a bit of a wasteland including your lot.

5 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I wondered where the resident fanny had got to, and up he pops. I’m sure Vomit the Stenny fan will be along soon to add his pearls of wisdom.

Nice of you to pop into this busy thread, pity the rest of the Lowland League section is a bit of a wasteland including your lot.

The only word focusing on in this word salad. I'll be dealing it out to you lot in plentiful supplies this season!

6 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

You can expect Liam to score a few against us. Still think there’s a very decent player in there. 

Don't worry he's past it. Barfwick Ringpieces are becoming a home for our rejected jobbers. They're shitting it cos they won't be able to cope with MoRo and his 18 action zones and our crèche.

1 hour ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

A bad week gets worse for Cowdenbeath Football Club! First they add another child jobber - only this time they can only muster a loan from a side in the same league. Now their best player decides to move to the Lowland League's biggest club. Deary me!

Ah well, Nelly will be along to tell us that a squad of kids is a great thing again soon, and I suppose it'll be nice to have another Uni team in the league. Berwick Over 35s v Cowden U21's will be something special for us all to look forward to.

😂😂😂😂😂 what a weapon of a boy.

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Hindsight is a great thing. Can remember someone saying “we won’t finish bottom”

I agree hindsight is a gr8 thing at the time I said we wont finish bottom because I believed in the players to keep us off bottom.

1 hour ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Best player 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

I don’t know what I was expecting this close season. A huge turnover for sure, perhaps a couple remaining (and yes, I appreciate some fans wanted the lot emptied) and a lot of new faces, youngsters keen to make their mark.

I don’t think anyone can really be sure how this will go, there’s winging it and there’s winging it in the lead up to the first friendly. Just have to have faith that the management team know what they are doing.

I can’t make it on Friday evening, never has a first friendly game of the season had the potential to be so interesting and probably confusing.

Friday will be very interesting. It's a big risk going with a young inexperienced side and it could go disastrously wrong, but hopefully it will go well. It must be our least expensive squad, but then we can't afford it not to be. We can't afford to overpay for a squad of more experienced players who may not perform any better anyway. Maybe we are saving some money for a few more expensive signings (like Greg Stewart when he gets bored with the cold Indian weather and wants to swap it for the Scottish heatwaves!)

Hopefully the players gel well and we do ok. Nothing worse than a young team getting a hammering.

5 minutes ago, PELE said:

Friday will be very interesting. It's a big risk going with a young inexperienced side and it could go disastrously wrong, but hopefully it will go well. It must be our least expensive squad, but then we can't afford it not to be. We can't afford to overpay for a squad of more experienced players who may not perform any better anyway. Maybe we are saving some money for a few more expensive signings (like Greg Stewart when he gets bored with the cold Indian weather and wants to swap it for the Scottish heatwaves!)

Hopefully the players gel well and we do ok. Nothing worse than a young team getting a hammering.

Friday is a bounce game - a work in progress.  

at moment their is 4 colts teams in the league lol joking, i am worried a little bit but also quite excited by the "young hungry footballers with a point to prove" approach the manager is going for, im hoping it works out, dont wanna see the manager lose his job, due to poor form, he didnt get a full season at club, so this is his team and everything is anew , definitely will be a process, just got to get behind they players we do sign. 

3 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Friday is a bounce game - a work in progress.  

I wasn't too clear but I was talking more in general about the season ahead rather than Friday. If it goes badly on Friday, it is as you say, work in progress. Can't expect too much from the first game.

16 minutes ago, SuperCowden said:

at moment their is 4 colts teams in the league lol joking, i am worried a little bit but also quite excited by the "young hungry footballers with a point to prove" approach the manager is going for, im hoping it works out, dont wanna see the manager lose his job, due to poor form, he didnt get a full season at club, so this is his team and everything is anew , definitely will be a process, just got to get behind they players we do sign. 

We have one less teenager in the squad (only 4 now) as young Cammy Graham turned 20 today. Happy Birthday to him.

I think we should raise one part of our pitch for the Lowland League season so it's on a slope.

Then we could have big Dan Martins and McLemon launch long balls from the top end downpark to our set of 4 speedy, young and hungry wingers. Certainly worked for that slightly better pub team that gubbed us in the playoffs last season in the Lowland. 

54 minutes ago, SuperCowden said:

5 u forgot the Cumbernauld my little ponies

No point reading into Fridays bounce game too much and yes it's a young squad but we had an experienced squad last year and look how that turned out.

What I feel we have this year is a squad of players who have something to prove and to fulfill their potential in the game to move on to a bigger club should they do well 

We need collective team spirit again playing for the Club/jersey where wages aren't the attraction to play for the club but an opportunity to progress and be a stepping stone club in my opinion whether that be players/management 

Edited by Cowden316