There was a coo

3 minutes ago, PELE said:

They are supposed to be getting permission for fans to stand at the side of the pitch as well, but I think they have to put some sort of barrier up and probably too short notice if correct.

That would be good news, a gentle 20 minute stroll from my house to Meadowbank. 

2 hours ago, PELE said:

Looks like we will be the first visitors to the newly refurbished Meadowbank Stadium for the cup match against the "new" FC Edinburgh. The ground re-opens on the 19th July. That's if they sort out how many can actually attend.

Wouldn’t hold my breath on it taking place just a day after it opens.

Only 499 seats although that would probably be enough against us.

3 hours ago, PELE said:

Looks like we will be the first visitors to the newly refurbished Meadowbank Stadium for the cup match against the "new" FC Edinburgh. The ground re-opens on the 19th July. That's if they sort out how many can actually attend.

I genuinely hope you outnumber the home support. 

Best wishes to robbie and fraz. 2 good lads. Probably wanted a fresh new challenge having been at club for a while. Certainly on that kind of money if true they wouldnt turn down though..

Shows you the kind of money out there at these levels and how difficult it is. 

49 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Have just seen a tweet that mullen and R buchanan have signed for pollok fc 2 grand signing on fee and £250 a week would be surprised if anyone was willing to pay more than £5 a week for buchanan

They would probably do a good job at Pollok to be fair.

So another 2 of last seasons squad going non league.

1 minute ago, NELLY 1 said:

I would have said that was pretty evident no? Lol.

I don’t know how some folk thought we had a good squad at the start of last season.

We had been club 41 the season before thanks to Brechin being a shambles.

Some good individuals but that was about it.

I don’t know how some folk thought we had a good squad at the start of last season.
We had been club 41 the season before thanks to Brechin being a shambles.
Some good individuals but that was about it.

Bollan was somehow allowed to sign the same team again the season after being club 41…

Oh yeah and signed Bobby Barr who had just got relegated with Brechin.

Don’t know how anyone was confident in us doing well under that donkey. One lucky season where we had 3 very good Loans in Dabrowski, Connor Smith and Chris Hamilton made everyone believe we had something with Bollan in charge.

3 minutes ago, SilkybeathJr said:

Bollan was somehow allowed to sign the same team again the season after being club 41…

Oh yeah and signed Bobby Barr who had just got relegated with Brechin.

Don’t know how anyone was confident in us doing well under that donkey. One lucky season where we had 3 very good Loans in Dabrowski, Connor Smith and Chris Hamilton made everyone believe we had something with Bollan in charge.

They were quality loan signings.

A bad week gets worse for Cowdenbeath Football Club! First they add another child jobber - only this time they can only muster a loan from a side in the same league. Now their best player decides to move to the Lowland League's biggest club. Deary me!

Ah well, Nelly will be along to tell us that a squad of kids is a great thing again soon, and I suppose it'll be nice to have another Uni team in the league. Berwick Over 35s v Cowden U21's will be something special for us all to look forward to.