There was a coo

14 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

New signing at 8pm, at this stage I think we need multiple signings per day to field a team on Friday 😄

Would imagine Maurice will field a fair few trialists on Friday the sooner the teams signed and playing together the better a-lot of new faces so need to gel.

31 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Would imagine Maurice will field a fair few trialists on Friday the sooner the teams signed and playing together the better a-lot of new faces so need to gel.

Strikes me as been organised to get a look at some trialists in a game setting.

Tonight’s signing is a strange one 21 year old midfielder Sam Newman on loan from Spartans.

Strange in the sense having a player on loan from a team in our league.

Previously spent 4 years at Edinburgh City when they were Edinburgh City.

36 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Sam Newman signs on loan from the spartans. Left sided player

Loan? From a club in the same league. Didn't realise it was a loan.

Baffled by this in the sense I'm sure Spartans will be battling at the top end and if we are serious too then why would Spartans loan a player out to a club in the same league? 

Unless Swann was part of the deal but sure his contract was ended or player under contract and unsettled but a transfer fee couldn't be agreed 

Edited by Cowden316

8 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

So far we've signed 4 centre backs, 1 central midfielder, 4 wingers and a striker.

Still plenty of time until the season starts but not much indication of what formation Maurice is looking to play.

Jordan Armstrong is a left back but can play centre back but hes a left back.. alfie robinson can play right back too.

9 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

Jordan Armstrong is a left back but can play centre back but hes a left back.. alfie robinson can play right back too.

Was just going by the info provided by someone who has seen him in action :

On 10/06/2022 at 22:24, Neilly said:

Armstrong is primarily a left footed centre back but can fill in at left back.

Looks like we will be the first visitors to the newly refurbished Meadowbank Stadium for the cup match against the "new" FC Edinburgh. The ground re-opens on the 19th July. That's if they sort out how many can actually attend.

39 minutes ago, PELE said:

Looks like we will be the first visitors to the newly refurbished Meadowbank Stadium for the cup match against the "new" FC Edinburgh. The ground re-opens on the 19th July. That's if they sort out how many can actually attend.

Believe it when I’m going through the turnstiles, that is if I’m one of the 499 who could attend.

Just now, Cowdenleith said:

Believe it when I’m going through the turnstiles, that is if I’m one of the 499 who could attend.

They are supposed to be getting permission for fans to stand at the side of the pitch as well, but I think they have to put some sort of barrier up and probably too short notice if correct.