There was a coo

26 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Goal scoring was the main problem no doubt.

We lost a lot of games by one goal but then again most managers would have known 9/10 times they just needed their side to score against us and the points were in the bag.

Summer recruiting was poor too few players and a small squad which had little scope for change off the bench.

New manager then had big problems trying to readdress the balance of the squad but the January window gives little options for recruitment.

All that is in the past we just have to move forward now.

I'm sorry but no f**** in a Blue shirt appeared to have the wherewithal to pass to a teammate in at least the last 3 years. I defy any of the compadres to tell me hat anyone bar Gill, Craig and at a push Mullen were anything other than not up to standard. I don't need to say that it has been pointed out none of our players bar Gill has got an SPFL berth. That is a scathing indictment of the Bollan years. Hence the lessons learned thingy.

1 minute ago, ronaldincoo said:

I'm sorry but no f**** in a Blue shirt appeared to have the wherewithal to pass to a teammate in at least the last 3 years. I defy any of the compadres to tell me hat anyone bar Gill, Craig and at a push Mullen were anything other than not up to standard. I don't need to say that it has been pointed out none of our players bar Gill has got an SPFL berth. That is a scathing indictment of the Bollan years. Hence the lessons learned thingy.

It was me that pointed out that Gill was the only one who went up the way, I also said that a complete restart was a good thing.

We have been on a downward spiral since getting relegated from the championship.

No point in looking backwards just look forward.

22 minutes ago, ronaldincoo said:

Let’s try and be factual - 2 years ago we finished 4th after being 6th so we were improving until then.  The loss of Sheerin, Cox and Allan then hit home.  Last season was a 22 game lottery cut in half by Covid where.  This season was the real disaster - the 3 year thing is not true.  You learn lessons every year in football but sadly most often in retrospect and you even learn them more than once - fans only see the tip of the iceberg and there is often much more to be understood than is immediately apparent.  

6 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Let’s try and be factual - 2 years ago we finished 4th after being 6th so we were improving until then.  The loss of Sheerin, Cox and Allan then hit home.  Last season was a 22 game lottery cut in half by Covid where.  This season was the real disaster - the 3 year thing is not true.  You learn lessons every year in football but sadly most often in retrospect and you even learn them more than once - fans only see the tip of the iceberg and there is often much more to be understood than is immediately apparent.  

The loss of Coxy was a big one he was never properly replaced.

He was at times controversial with his bookings and red cards but a right engine for us who could score goals.

Jordan Allan was another good player who seemed to fall out of favour as did Archie Thomas.

Also Jo was not the fittest but handy for coming off the bench to score a late goal.

All loses to the side which had finished fourth and sixth the previous year.

Everyone wants to Bollan bash but until Covid he had us moving in the right direction.

After that though most of his signings weren’t as good and we went into decline and it was time for him to move on.

It has been a decline since the heady days of the championship but he did briefly turn the decline around.

It does show how losing a few key players makes an impact overall plus as you mention every year everyone else was getting a year older.

12 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

If you’re being factual, the 4th place finish was a season cut short by covid as well. (A lottery possibly?). Cowdens form was on the wane by that point and wouldn’t have finished 4th had the season been completed.

Personally I couldn’t stand Bollan and never understood why he got so long in the job but everyone has their own perspective. 

5 hours ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Good afternoon gents. The junction bar Cowdenbeath supporters club have decided to run a bus for next season please keep an eye out on our facebook page in the coming weeks.

Good to hear👍
A lot of good away days in there 

Gala - decent ground with a social club.

Dalbeatie - only been there once but should be a good trip.

Gretna - a return to an old stomping ground, I imagine they will be friendlier than the originals who were arrogant tosses.

Berwick - always a popular away day.

14 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Good to hear👍

Gretna - a return to an old stomping ground, I imagine they will be friendlier than the originals who were arrogant tosses.

A few familiar grounds in the LL for you Blue Brazilians certainly: Forthbank (Stirling Uni), The Recs (Open Goal BSC), Shielfield, Falkirk Stadium (Shire), Broadwood (Cumbernauld Colts), Ainslie Park..

Dalbeattie have a nice old wooden stand with a small social club at the back. A good trip certainly. The pitch can be a bit damp though so winter postponements a possibility 

Edinburgh University's ground is near Cameron Toll. It has a small stand. The home baking is great.

Hearts Colts will be playing at Whitehill Welfare in Rosewell (between Bonnyrigg and Penicuik). There's a small social club and covered terrace with seats. It will be interesting to see if the pitch holds up- expect winter postponements. Small car park and you can park in Rosewell High Street but it gets busy.

Tranent's ground has been spruced up in recent years. There's a shed with some seats in it. Grass pitch which isn't too bad. Car park but have a shufty at a map as you have to negotiate a scheme. Tranent has a few pubs in the High Street-some locals can be a bit rough and ready but you're fae Cowden so nothing to worry about 

Strollers have a bar at their ground. It used to be the Civil Service Sports Club but now belongs to Edinburgh College. Small stand. Car park which can get busy on match days. It can be a bit windy down here. If you're bored you can watch the planes go by heading for the airport. Pitch should be ok unless frozen 

I've not been to Caley Braves. I think it has a shed.

Gala has the iconic Womersley's Folly, a 1960s concrete stand. It's undergoing structural repairs so they have a smaller metal stand taken from the defunct Selkirk FC. If you pay into the older looking stand you'll be watching egg chasing as Gala RFC are next door. Social club under the stand is good, there are also some good pubs in Galashiels. If training it Netherdale is a 20 minute walk from the station. If you want to wind up the locals call them "pailmerks"* although that will likely provoke a violent response

Enjoy yourselves- at a lot of grounds you should outnumber the home fans

* Inhabitants of rival town Selkirk refer to Gala residents as pailmerks. Apparently when the mills meant that Galashiels expanded in the 19th Century houses were built without toilets so the residents had to use buckets and you could tell a Galashiels resident from the marks left by sitting on a pail on the person's arse 

16 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Good to hear👍

im caught between wanting to go to new grounds and not wanting to give my money to teams that voted for the colts

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

A few familiar grounds in the LL for you Blue Brazilians certainly: Forthbank (Stirling Uni), The Recs (Open Goal BSC), Shielfield, Falkirk Stadium (Shire), Broadwood (Cumbernauld Colts), Ainslie Park..

Dalbeattie have a nice old wooden stand with a small social club at the back. A good trip certainly. The pitch can be a bit damp though so winter postponements a possibility 

Edinburgh University's ground is near Cameron Toll. It has a small stand. The home baking is great.

Hearts Colts will be playing at Whitehill Welfare in Rosewell (between Bonnyrigg and Penicuik). There's a small social club and covered terrace with seats. It will be interesting to see if the pitch holds up- expect winter postponements. Small car park and you can park in Rosewell High Street but it gets busy.

Tranent's ground has been spruced up in recent years. There's a shed with some seats in it. Grass pitch which isn't too bad. Car park but have a shufty at a map as you have to negotiate a scheme. Tranent has a few pubs in the High Street-some locals can be a bit rough and ready but you're fae Cowden so nothing to worry about 

Strollers have a bar at their ground. It used to be the Civil Service Sports Club but now belongs to Edinburgh College. Small stand. Car park which can get busy on match days. It can be a bit windy down here. If you're bored you can watch the planes go by heading for the airport. Pitch should be ok unless frozen 

I've not been to Caley Braves. I think it has a shed.

Gala has the iconic Womersley's Folly, a 1960s concrete stand. It's undergoing structural repairs so they have a smaller metal stand taken from the defunct Selkirk FC. If you pay into the older looking stand you'll be watching egg chasing as Gala RFC are next door. Social club under the stand is good, there are also some good pubs in Galashiels. If training it Netherdale is a 20 minute walk from the station. If you want to wind up the locals call them "pailmerks"* although that will likely provoke a violent response

Enjoy yourselves- at a lot of grounds you should outnumber the home fans

* Inhabitants of rival town Selkirk refer to Gala residents as pailmerks. Apparently when the mills meant that Galashiels expanded in the 19th Century houses were built without toilets so the residents had to use buckets and you could tell a Galashiels resident from the marks left by sitting on a pail on the person's arse 

Open Goal Broomhill are now at Broadwood.

Caley Braves have 2 small stands. Never been there or at Tranent so 2 new grounds for me.

Why were Selkirk residents looking at Galashiels residents bare arses? ooh er mrs😀

28 minutes ago, Blueminer said:

A good read but I’m not sure we would have had anyone on £50 p/w back then unless it was some of the young boys.

Fozzy always seems to do really well over there.

A good read but I’m not sure we would have had anyone on £50 p/w back then unless it was some of the young boys.
Fozzy always seems to do really well over there.

Didnt mention when him and david marsh had a bust up haha

The Junction Bar Cowdenbeath Supporters Club are looking for new members to join us for the upcoming season !! 

After a few weeks putting plans into place we are now in a great position and can’t wait for the season to begin

For more information about joining our supporters club give us a message !!