There was a coo

40 minutes ago, Number seven said:

Bo’ness United.Thanks for the feed back.Doesn’t sound promising.Hate players who are poor on the ball.In the modern game centre half’s spend a lot of time with the ball at their feet.

I don't think CowdenLeith will be too upset JT is away to another Lowland League team. Todd is a solid defender but is very error prone. Good luck to him at Boness

I think people are being a bit harsh on Jamie.  At L2 level he had a mistake a game in him but I think at Lowland he won't be as caught out as often. 

That said I'm ok he's not with us :D 

The fact that our experienced players are signing for other Lowland League teams is a bit concerning, but reflects their actual level I guess. That's why we finished bottom. Todd is slow an prone to the odd error but is pretty decent otherwise. Just wanted to say I was one of Bobby Barr's biggest critics,thought he was just there to pick up a wage under Bollan, but once Ross was manager he put in a decent shift most games, and was the only one in the second play off game who looked like he might change the game.

3 hours ago, Number seven said:

Oh dear!Sounds like Max Christie has found another dud.

Very poor in possession.

Decent at headers, what you would call an old fashioned junior centre half. The game is evolving though and he isn’t a League player.

Makes too many crazy errors to give away rash penalties etc. 

2 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

The fact that our experienced players are signing for other Lowland League teams is a bit concerning, but reflects their actual level I guess. That's why we finished bottom. Todd is slow an prone to the odd error but is pretty decent otherwise. Just wanted to say I was one of Bobby Barr's biggest critics,thought he was just there to pick up a wage under Bollan, but once Ross was manager he put in a decent shift most games, and was the only one in the second play off game who looked like he might change the game.

The fact that everyone apart from Cammy are joining Lowland League sides perhaps shows that we had a side of Lowland League standard last season.

I thought Barr was a terrible signing, he helped Brechin on their way to the Highland League so we signed him.

I remember he was a promising youngster at Albion Rovers a decade ago and had a decent full time career but was well past his sell by date by the time we signed him.

41 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

The fact that everyone apart from Cammy are joining Lowland League sides perhaps shows that we had a side of Lowland League standard last season.

I thought Barr was a terrible signing, he helped Brechin on their way to the Highland League so we signed him.

I remember he was a promising youngster at Albion Rovers a decade ago and had a decent full time career but was well past his sell by date by the time we signed him.

Exactly ,

Mango, Morrison, Swann, Todd were all first team regulars and none of them can get a SPFL gig. 

Exactly ,
Mango, Morrison, Swann, Todd were all first team regulars and none of them can get a SPFL gig. 

Morrison never looked like he regained his fitness after injury. Toddy was poor after a good previous season. Harvey looked lost most of the time but Mango is still good enough to play SPFL.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

What game was that tonight Tam? 

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

Exactly ,

I hope some sort of formal inquest is planned for a lessons learned type of document but I could never understand why  the bulk of a clearly failing squad were re-signed season after season when it was quite apparent that the players weren't good enough and that the odd addition such as Buchs would somehow transform the dross into a promotion chasing side. Ye still cannae make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. Well we are where we are. I too thought Mango was the only real quality player we had on the team.

Edited by ronaldincoo

1 hour ago, ronaldincoo said:

I hope some sort of formal inquest is planned for a lessons learned type of document but I could never understand why  the bulk of a clearly failing squad were re-signed season after season when it was quite apparent that the players weren't good enough and that the odd addition such as Buchs would somehow transform the dross into a promotion chasing side. Ye still cannae make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. Well we are where we are. I too thought Mango was the only real quality player we had on the team.

Yet only 4 teams last season in the division conceded less goals than us, maybe the entire squad wasn’t the problem?

Our goals against was identical to FC Edinburgh who gained promotion, our goalscoring was obviously chronic.

I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch to say that 2 or 3 better attacking options and we could easily have been mid table. Hell, maybe even a full season of Sammy and Barrowman, for example, may have gained enough points to push us out of trouble.

7 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yet only 4 teams last season in the division conceded less goals than us, maybe the entire squad wasn’t the problem?

Our goals against was identical to FC Edinburgh who gained promotion, our goalscoring was obviously chronic.

I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch to say that 2 or 3 better attacking options and we could easily have been mid table. Hell, maybe even a full season of Sammy and Barrowman, for example, may have gained enough points to push us out of trouble.

Goal scoring was the main problem no doubt.

We lost a lot of games by one goal but then again most managers would have known 9/10 times they just needed their side to score against us and the points were in the bag.

Summer recruiting was poor too few players and a small squad which had little scope for change off the bench.

New manager then had big problems trying to readdress the balance of the squad but the January window gives little options for recruitment.

All that is in the past we just have to move forward now.