There was a coo

28 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Cammy Graham from Stenny  is tonight’s signing

Cammy Graham and Lucas Berry were both part of a very good Hearts youth side (2002s) that also contained Aaron Hickey (Bologna), Josh Doig (Hibs), Josh Grigor (Stenny), Robbie Cole (Civil Service Strollers), Brodie Strang (Inverkeithing HS), plus a couple who are still at Hearts, Connor Smith (POTY on loan at Queen's Park) and Cammy Logan (on loan with Edinburgh City).

Cammy scored his first senior goal for us at Cowdenbeath in one of those horrific covid games where you could barely see what was happening on the camera. Also check out his goal against Dundee United 20s in the cup last season it was an absolute zing.

I think he has something about him and will benefit from regular game time at Lowland League level. Seems a right good lad by all accounts and battled through cancer in the last few years to get back playing.

Good luck to him I think he will do well.

7 hours ago, Neilly said:

Cammy scored his first senior goal for us at Cowdenbeath in one of those horrific covid games where you could barely see what was happening on the camera. Also check out his goal against Dundee United 20s in the cup last season it was an absolute zing.

I think he has something about him and will benefit from regular game time at Lowland League level. Seems a right good lad by all accounts and battled through cancer in the last few years to get back playing.

Good luck to him I think he will do well.

I was at the game he scored against us.

He has done well to battle back from cancer.

Cammy graham again gr8 signing and fits the profile we need. Mango just signed with tranent not surprised. Mango was a true captain and leader and we wish him well. Great lad. Sadly its unlikely we could afford him to stay. 

There is more signings incoming clearly. Experience perhaps is needed but likely towards more to start of season.

1 hour ago, NELLY 1 said:

Cammy graham again gr8 signing and fits the profile we need. Mango just signed with tranent not surprised. Mango was a true captain and leader and we wish him well. Great lad. Sadly its unlikely we could afford him to stay. 

There is more signings incoming clearly. Experience perhaps is needed but likely towards more to start of season.

We can’t even match Tranent financially? I appreciate the long term viability of the club is of the utmost importance, but that’s a disappointment and a surprise, to me at least.

Mango was always going to be off.

I actually thought his form dipped last season not as good as the previous two seasons, he’ll probably do alright in the Lowland League though.

Maybe says it all that everyone who is leaving us apart from Gill is going Lowland League.

I actually think this could be a very tough season again for us .

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

We can’t even match Tranent financially? I appreciate the long term viability of the club is of the utmost importance, but that’s a disappointment and a surprise, to me at least.

We were probably paying him silly money last season and can’t afford it.

3 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

We were probably paying him silly money last season and can’t afford it.

Surely Tranent won’t be though, not aware they are a rich club.

I guess it maybe boils down to the manager not wanting him regardless, who knows, so I would hope it didn’t all go down to money. 

I would have liked to have kept Craig as well, best of luck to him.

Edited by Cowdenleith

52 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

With all due respect. And we shouldn't mention players money but he was outwith our budget for this season on what we spend on each player. Tranent may have money available to them to pay kind of money he wanted. 

Each club has a budget and can probs spend whatever they want on each player as long as the overall budget is in tact. Our budget overall may be larger than tranent who knows. However I think craig intimated he wanted to move on anyway so it's kinda out of our hands ain't it. 

No point looking back. Hes been great for us 100% top pro as well. But he moved on it happens.

Just bcoz some clubs sign players that we think we could get but we dont. It dont work like that.

I know we have tried to get a player for example that everyone would have said f**k me how did we get him but it's not happened and it's not down to the money. 

Let's not look back look forward. Be positive and keep trying to do the right things on and off the park. Mon the cowden

2 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

With all due respect. And we shouldn't mention players money but he was outwith our budget for this season on what we spend on each player. Tranent may have money available to them to pay kind of money he wanted. 

Each club has a budget and can probs spend whatever they want on each player as long as the overall budget is in tact. Our budget overall may be larger than tranent who knows. However I think craig intimated he wanted to move on anyway so it's kinda out of our hands ain't it. 

No point looking back. Hes been great for us 100% top pro as well. But he moved on it happens.

Just bcoz some clubs sign players that we think we could get but we dont. It dont work like that.

I know we have tried to get a player for example that everyone would have said f**k me how did we get him but it's not happened and it's not down to the money. 

Let's not look back look forward. Be positive and keep trying to do the right things on and off the park. Mon the cowden

Thanks Nelly, really appreciate you providing these updates and also that you didn’t take my post the wrong way.

I suppose as a supporter not in any way connected, looking at our club captain joining a rival team in the same league who have just been promoted from a lower tier, gives a little pause for reflection.

I’m really liking these signings so far, young hungry players, hopefully joined by a couple with a little bit of experience.

I’m intrigued by the goalkeeping situation, a vital position, hope some news on that soon.

1 minute ago, NELLY 1 said:

Alfie robinson signs on. Great attitude and big potential. Fits the profile we need at this club. 

Mon the cowden.

I presume since he’s just 20 Albion Rovers maybe due a development fee?

5 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

Gutted we didn’t get GS to sign!