There was a coo

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yeah I get that, but I would have kept him if possible, from that announcement earlier in the week of some comings and goings it seemed like there was a chance he would stay.

Spartans though, really?

Spartans on a mission to sign our relegation team ?

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

Jordan Armstrong (left back or centre back) from Alloa

Can’t really remember much of him to be honest, so much of the recruitment is based on faith, as far as the fans are concerned, we just have to trust the management are getting this right.

Armstrong is primarily a left footed centre back but can fill in at left back.

I wasn't a great fan of his at Ochilview for me just not aggressive enough and too soft. He might be OK at Lowland League level though.

Fits the profile of player Ross is after though - young guys with a point to prove.

13 hours ago, Neilly said:

Armstrong is primarily a left footed centre back but can fill in at left back.

I wasn't a great fan of his at Ochilview for me just not aggressive enough and too soft. He might be OK at Lowland League level though.

Fits the profile of player Ross is after though - young guys with a point to prove.

Was a pretty bizarre signing for us in that he hadn't done anything previously to suggest he was worth a shot at League One level, then basically never played. Not the only Barry Ferguson signing to fit that profile. Think he'd done OK for EK previously though so might well do a job at Cowden. Good luck to him. 

Edited by Waspie

1 minute ago, Waspie said:

Was a pretty bizarre signing for us in that he hadn't done anything previously to suggest he was worth a shot at League One level, then basically never played. Not the only Barry Ferguson to fit that profile. Think he'd done OK for EK previously though so might well do a job at Cowden. Good luck to him. 

I did comment at the time when he signed for you I was amazed he was getting a gig in league football again - nevermind league one.

The whole Barry Ferguson chapter at Alloa shall always remain a mystery. 

I like Harvey and definitely wouldn't be against keeping him. However he sold the jerseys big time in the playoff and part of a failing side repeatedly.
Probably best for both club and player.

Harvey hasn’t played well all season. A wasted talent and definitely not a full back or “wing back”

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Surprised that they don’t seem to have a dedicated thread in the Lowland League section, do they not have any fans whatsoever that give a crap?

Spartans have decent crowds snd a great youth setup. For some reason they've just never really taken to P&B.

2 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Surprised that they don’t seem to have a dedicated thread in the Lowland League section, do they not have any fans whatsoever that give a crap?

It's a bit disappointing that they don't any more. With no Spartans fans and Whitehill languishing in the depths of the pyramid who will I wind up when City eventually end up back down here?