There was a coo

6 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

The Berwick thread has a fair bit of tumbleweed blowing through it, so I can see why you might want to join in the best and busiest thread in the section.

Absolutely. The delusion in here is nothing short of fantastic entertainment. 

In Maurice we trust!

Just now, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Absolutely. The delusion in here is nothing short of fantastic entertainment. 

In Maurice we trust!

What are Cowden fans deluded about exactly?

Nobody has a clue what to expect which seems pretty realistic to me.

4 minutes ago, big al said:

What are Cowden fans deluded about exactly?

Nobody has a clue what to expect which seems pretty realistic to me.

You were all celebrating Tranent winning the play off last week as if it confirmed you'd won the title. Embarrassing behaviour from a fanbase who don't realise they're destined for 10th.

Just now, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

You were all celebrating Tranent winning the play off last week as if it confirmed you'd won the title. Embarrassing behaviour from a fanbase who don't realise they're destined for 10th.

Ah ok. I must have missed the big party. 

Would think the whole of the lowland league was glad Tranent won to be honest. Tranent may do well but Darvel have more capability to win the LL. 

The battle for 10th with Berwick should be a close run thing though. Something for everyone to look forward to for a change. 

Just now, big al said:

Would think the whole of the lowland league was glad Tranent won to be honest. Tranent may do well but Darvel have more capability to win the LL. 

The battle for 10th with Berwick should be a close run thing though. Something for everyone to look forward to for a change. 

I don't know about change - you did a magnificent job of it last season!

3 hours ago, big al said:

I don't remember seeing anything about us celebrating when Tranent won either. Every team will have been glad that they won, but I think East Kilbride and Spartans will be the fancied teams now.

1 hour ago, SuperCowden said:

Good luck to Ross, Does anyone know if we are renewing anyones contract at all? only seeing players leave only, Jacob Glass hopefully gets a chance in the Lowland league this season. 

Surely we would keep a few of the squad, assuming they want to stay that is.

7 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

If players leave for teams in a higher division then fair enough. But losing the like of Morrison,  who has a Cowdenbeath connection, for a team in the same division does worry you a bit.

He was only with us for just over two years so not that much of a connection.

Players move on probably got a better deal but at his age you couldn’t blame him.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

He was only with us for just over two years so not that much of a connection.

Players move on probably got a better deal but at his age you couldn’t blame him.

Still a bit disappointing.

Can’t see Spartans offering a great deal more so would have been nice to see a bit of loyalty but that’s football now.

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

Still a bit disappointing.

Can’t see Spartans offering a great deal more so would have been nice to see a bit of loyalty but that’s football now.

I gave up bothering about players leaving years ago.

I don’t think alot of it is to do with players leaving us to get better deals I know some players had there issues with Mo, heard from toddys mum that they almost had a bust up in the changing room. Don’t blame Mo he can’t be all nice after some of they performances last season especially from the likes of jamie todd😂 

43 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

I don’t think alot of it is to do with players leaving us to get better deals I know some players had there issues with Mo, heard from toddys mum that they almost had a bust up in the changing room. Don’t blame Mo he can’t be all nice after some of they performances last season especially from the likes of jamie todd😂 

Tbh putting out things like this helps no one eh. Every player will have their own reasons for leaving or staying.

My own view point is that the club needs to go in a different direction why reward failure by offering contracts to a huge portion of players some of whom we likely couldn't keep due the wages they were on.

Gav as an example likely was wanting to keep. Maybe got offered slight more money (not sure) maybe wanted a new challenge or different voice/training etc etc theres loads of factors in boys leaving or staying.

I know this berwick trumpet will pipe up but signings are on way and 3 or 4 are already agreed it's just about putting it out there and that will happen most likely this week and next. 

It's an exciting time for cowden and its gr8 fans are enthusiastic about the new era we are in. Hopefully the club can put a winning football team on the pitch and get that excitement levels rising again.