There was a coo

1 hour ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Everyone should be pulling in the same direction.

The Cowdenbeath FC Supporters Club asked the club to put out a post on their behalf to gauge the interest in running a bus to away games again. If the Junction Bar have sold their bus then why not declare an interest in going on the Cowdenbeath FC Supporters Club bus? It shouldn't be an us vs them, this isn't a competition.

Exactly this hopefully everyone who wants to get to games puts their name down for the bus.

A lot of new places and grounds to go to.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

I for one will definitely enquire about it but would like to find out whos running the bus etc cause I can remember back in the championship days when the club ran a bus you were treated like a prisoner too scared to breathe.

Aye that’s what killed the bus back in the days, a lot of the young guys gave up on it as it was like a Sunday school trip rather than a football bus.

Who ever takes charge has to realise that it’s a football bus and a little leeway is needed.

Sure things like drink are a no go but the odd swear word or bit of banter is what you get on buses.

Hopefully common sense prevails and it works ok and is welcome for everyone.

Apologies for going off topic, but I just noticed that East Fife are charging £290 for an adult season ticket and £230 for a concession.  Knock £20 off each of those prices if you get them early.

I though it maybe included cup matches, but no, just league and a couple of friendless including Cowden.

Holy fecking moly, for SPFL2, they must be rich over Methil way. 🤔😀

5 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

I’m aware of that cowden. But i’ve yet to be on a supporter bus where its not happning. And if its not, im walking.emoji16.png but i get what you are saying.

Many years ago when I occasionally went on a bus, the organiser would tell the driver he would collect a quid or two per head in a wee hat for him, that almost always dispelled any objections the driver had.  😆

8 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

Gav away to spartans. Sad we cant keep him as I know we tried. Good lad and gave 100%. All the best to him aside from when playing us lol.

Yikes, if the club wanted to keep him, and couldn’t offer him better terms than Spartans (and I realise there may be other factors like work and family commitments) then player recruitment is going to be more difficult than any of us fans could imagine.

Fingers crossed for more positive news soon.

9 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Many years ago when I occasionally went on a bus, the organiser would tell the driver he would collect a quid or two per head in a wee hat for him, that almost always dispelled any objections the driver had.  😆

Fact.

38 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yikes, if the club wanted to keep him, and couldn’t offer him better terms than Spartans (and I realise there may be other factors like work and family commitments) then player recruitment is going to be more difficult than any of us fans could imagine.

Fingers crossed for more positive news soon.

Spartans probably push the boat out on certain players.

I imagine the Blair Henderson who they signed last season from Edinburgh City is on a decent wage.

Edited by cowdenbeath

51 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

Gav away to spartans. Sad we cant keep him as I know we tried. Good lad and gave 100%. All the best to him aside from when playing us lol.

One you would have liked to have kept but if we have to work within a strict budget then that’s that.

19 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:
21 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:
Only seen Sinclair twice, seen Tiwi Daramola several times. Both good forwards to watch as fast and tricky. Sinclair looks the more clinical finisher. Tiwi scored about 1 in 4 chances in the games I watched most of which were saves rather than him missing the goals.

Both would be good signings in the LL.

Bo'ness Athletic tweeted today that Tiwi Daramola has signed a contract extension to stay at Athletic.

Supposedly in for Tiwi but Bo’ness were after a ridiculous compensation fee