There was a coo

15 minutes ago, HenryHill said:

Lovely stuff. Sponsors want the big teams in their competitions. Can't blame them. Mon the mighty Cowden.

If you are that big should get a bye for the group stages. 😁😁

4 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

The first Viaplay fixtures are 15/16 July, so that will affect the Musselburgh friendly, possible the club may want to adjust some of the other friendlies as well.

I'd imagine we would want a week of rest before so that would be Bankies and Burgh. 

Get burgh to rearrange for 27/28th of June, if not try get Glenrothes or Jeanfield.

And if we draw EF in the group stages maybe they won't want the friendly beforehand.

10 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Game at Rosyth gives me the fear, astro is rock hard underneath and seen a fair few bad injuries happen on it.

Good clubhouse with pie and hot drink for £2 though.

Rosyth look good and they will fancy their chances for promotion next season, a really good pick out for a friendly! 

1 hour ago, HorseyGhirl said:

The trick on any forum for me is to not get personal. There are those who resort to name calling and the like as soon as you question what they say or put forward an alternative viewpoint.

It's a forum and has no impact on my life other than entertainment.

It is informative but for the most part it's about the bants.

I must say you have been almost a lone beacon of humour on a couple of those threads that should get launched from the LL section. You need to get yourself on your horse and trot up to Central Park, a warm welcome would await. 

Tbf, it is actually written in the rules that the previously relegated club would get the extra place if one became available... and that was Cowdenbeath, simple. 

We can argue all we like about the fairness of such a rule, but it's there and it has been implemented.

I've heard that with West Ham winning the Conference League that the English League Cup first round has had to make some changes. 

Sure Cowden Cowboy is waiting by the phone for the call inviting us to fill in. 

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

Tbf, it is actually written in the rules that the previously relegated club would get the extra place if one became available... and that was Cowdenbeath, simple. 

We can argue all we like about the fairness of such a rule, but it's there and it has been implemented.

Brechin didn't get an invite last season though.

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

They would need to explain why it wasn’t used in the last 2 seasons?

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

Can you show me where it says that in the rules?  The champions of the HL (Brechin) and LL (Spartans) are granted a place in the group stages. Should either of those teams win the SPFL (Club 42) play off, then the relegated club (Albion Rovers) will be granted a place. There is no reference to relegation in earlier seasons in the rules.

Participants

4.2 The Competition shall be contested by:

4.2.1 all Clubs in the League in the relevant Season; (all 42 SPFL Clubs for season 2023/24)

4.2.2 by the League Champion Club, as provided for in the Pyramid Play-Off Rules of each of the Scottish Highland Football League (Brechin) and the Scottish Lowland Football League (Spartans) ("Recognised Leagues") in the immediately preceding season, subject that, in the event that a Club shall have been relegated from the League through the Pyramid Play-Off Competition at the end of the immediately preceding Season then such relegated Club (Albion Rovers), in substitution for the relevant League Champion Club of the Scottish Highland Football League or the Scottish Lowland Football League, as the case may be, in the immediately preceding season, which shall have been promoted to the League and which will be a Club competing in terms of this Regulation 4.2, shall be eligible to participate in the Competition; and

4.2.3 such other club(s), if any, identified by the Board.

The Board may, if it considers appropriate in any Season or Seasons, alter/vary whether any of the classes of participant Clubs or clubs identified in this Regulation shall be invited to and shall participate in the Competition in any one or more Seasons and to make such changes to the rounds of the Competition and the balloting for such rounds as it shall consider appropriate. If the structure and/or participants in rounds and/or categories or numbers of participants in the Competition and/or rounds of the Competition shall be altered by the Board then the Board shall give written notice of such change(s) to all Clubs and any other person or club with an interest therein.

2 hours ago, Spyro said:

This rule refers to the relegated club from the 'immediately preceding season' i.e. Albion Rovers.

Edited by forfarton

8 hours ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

I'd imagine we would want a week of rest before so that would be Bankies and Burgh. 

Get burgh to rearrange for 27/28th of June, if not try get Glenrothes or Jeanfield.

And if we draw EF in the group stages maybe they won't want the friendly beforehand.

Bankies announced our game with them is offf.

10 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

I've heard that with West Ham winning the Conference League that the English League Cup first round has had to make some changes. 

Sure Cowden Cowboy is waiting by the phone for the call inviting us to fill in. 

You'll need to play your b team in one of them. 😁😁😁

12 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

£22 K .......and don't forget their parachute payment !!!

Will the financial power of Cowdenbeath propel them back into League Two this season ?

Not likely. I’m sure we will have overheads that dwarf everybody else in the league. That explains why we are where we are. 

Edited by onecowden