There was a coo

It was a piss take.  Let’s wait while some guy ties his boots that should have been tied already so they can have a huddle.

he must have had the longest laces in Britain it took so long to tie them.

I thought this thread was something like 174 pages earlier today and suddenly it’s 169, was wondering what is going on.

As far as I can see looks like all the posts from @monthecoo have gone, don’t know if he has deleted his account and all the posts disappeared.

That’s really sad if the case, he is clearly a passionate and loyal fan, he does shoot from the hip and more outspoken than probably anyone else here, even if I don’t agree with all he said. 

Edited by Cowdenleith

15 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Good post. Can't believe that some fans are predicting doomsday again. Cowden were up against a better team with better players. Thinking back to our game against Dalbeatie at the start of the season, we were awful and almost lost that game. That was a big shock and the following games weren't much better.

The club are trying to rebuild a team and there aren't many players (or money) available. We've had some good years but now it's our turn to eat humble pie. Plenty other teams are struggling in higher leagues Cove,Kelty, Arbroath (who almost got up to the big league last season) and even Bonnyrigg.

We've had awful seasons in the past and recovered. If the pyramid had been introduced earlier goodness knows if we'd even have a club now.

Not everything is the managers fault, Cowden will recover from this.

I’d be heartbroken if Cowden did die but you have to take a realistic look at things. Cowden had a parachute payment at the end of last season but that reduces next season and then there is nothing. The club play a significant rent for playing at Central Park and have to pay for the upkeep of the stadium plus costs. The fan base has always been poor and is reducing all of the time due to the poor performances on the pitch. Not sure where new revenue streams can be generated from. I’d imagine that the current manager is on a decent salary as he has delusions of grandeur concerning his career path. 
It’s a business at the end of the day and the balance sheet can’t be looking good, especially in the current economic climate. 

I’m sorry to sound so negative and I still hope that somehow things can turn around. It is a pyramid system and Cowden are way down the pyramid, grubbing about the bottom of the LL. Not everything is the managers fault but the buck tends to stop with the management in all levels of football. He isn’t my cup of tea and few of our managers have been for quite a while. 

I will make an effort to see some more games as it’s very unfair to be critical of what you aren’t actually seeing. Unfortunately the live streams have had to stop and I used to pay to watch them as my health hasn’t been great in recent years. My utmost respect goes to the people who run the club and it always has. 
Helicopter dreams once came true so who knows what the future holds. 

Edited by Only coo in the village

6 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

I thought this thread was something like 174 pages earlier today and suddenly it’s 169, was wondering what is going on.

As far as I can see looks like all the posts from @monthecoo have gone, don’t know if he has deleted his account and all the posts disappeared.

That’s really sad if the case, he is clearly a passionate and loyal fan, he does shoot from the hip and more outspoken than probably anyone else here, even if I don’t agree with all he said. 

No idea on what has happened.

Dosn’t matter if you agree with someone it’s all about debate and pitching your opinion.

Be a bit boring if everyone agreed on everything.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

No idea on what has happened.

Dosn’t matter if you agree with someone it’s all about debate and pitching your opinion.

Be a bit boring if everyone agreed on everything.

Yeah had a wee look around and can see that monthecoo has deleted his account.

Any chance you read this monthecoo and there is any way you can re-activate your account, please think about doing so, your opinions are as valid as anyone else.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yeah had a wee look around and can see that monthecoo has deleted his account.

Any chance you read this monthecoo and there is any way you can re-activate your account, please think about doing so, your opinions are as valid as anyone else.

Aye whoever he was he just said what he thought, which is not a bad thing.

5 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Too many doom and gloom posts on here. What would we be posting if we had won on Saturday?

Always the same. Since I was young and probably before that Cowdenbeath is full of folk who like to moan about things.

Most negative place on the planet.

I’m  not bothered about Saturday’s result as I never expected us to win.

More bothered about this Saturday against Gala.

Edited by cowdenbeath

36 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

I will post no more. Time to hang up my pie and bovril boots. 
Good luck to all at Cowdenbeath FC. Thanks for the memories. 

Not got time to make a long post just now as working but come on folks, let’s stick this out together.

6 o’clock signing announcement, good to see the club are still trying to improve at this point of the season.

Just a post to say we will sign another lad tonight more a signing for next season but opportunity came to get him in now. 

I know people will ask about how many players have we signed etc however all I would say is this will be our 32nd player this season which clearly is a lot and not to be unexpected due to how we had to start the season.

I do recall in championship days I'm sure we had 37 in one season.

We will have 21 signed players after tonight which for next season will be too many and the plan and structure will be to go with a squad of 18 maybe 19.

Just wanted to put this out there b4 any lads question what is going on. Also this signing won't cost the club any money.

I hope posters who have left continue to back the club with their support in whatever shape or form they can. I cannot stress how vital genuinely vital it is to get every supporter supporting this club in any way they can. 

Less support means tougher times ahead that would be the same for any football club.

Poor result Saturday clearly and I personally thought first half we did very well albeit got caught out with their 2 goals we should have scored minimum once in that first half and once the 2nd half went 3 nil and a man down it was a case of ensuring not getting a heavy defeat against the best team and players in the league.

Mon the cowden

1 hour ago, Only coo in the village said:

You are usually one of the most negative and pessimistic posters on this thread. Glad you are seeing the sunny side of life for a change ;) 

Pot kettle?I certainly was at the start of the season. I even stopped going for a few games. But I had been going to games and couldn't believe what I was seeing. If I lived locally though I wouldn't have missed any games.

Saturdays just weren't the same. I watched a few Aberdeen games and what was on offer there was just as depressing and that was from well paid players.

So now I'll keep watching and have a moan but only now and again😁😁😁

4 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

I will post no more. Time to hang up my pie and bovril boots. 
Good luck to all at Cowdenbeath FC. Thanks for the memories. 

Don't hang up your boots there won't be any decent posters left.

3 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

Just a post to say we will sign another lad tonight more a signing for next season but opportunity came to get him in now. 

I know people will ask about how many players have we signed etc however all I would say is this will be our 32nd player this season which clearly is a lot and not to be unexpected due to how we had to start the season.

I do recall in championship days I'm sure we had 37 in one season.

We will have 21 signed players after tonight which for next season will be too many and the plan and structure will be to go with a squad of 18 maybe 19.

Just wanted to put this out there b4 any lads question what is going on. Also this signing won't cost the club any money.

I hope posters who have left continue to back the club with their support in whatever shape or form they can. I cannot stress how vital genuinely vital it is to get every supporter supporting this club in any way they can. 

Less support means tougher times ahead that would be the same for any football club.

Poor result Saturday clearly and I personally thought first half we did very well albeit got caught out with their 2 goals we should have scored minimum once in that first half and once the 2nd half went 3 nil and a man down it was a case of ensuring not getting a heavy defeat against the best team and players in the league.

Mon the cowden

We were always going to go through a lot of players after starting with none.

Re Saturday I thought we started off alright, two poor goals to lose and a real downer losing one on the stroke of half time.

The young Celtic side are a good side the best of the B teams for me no disgrace in losing to them.

We are all being a bit sensitive. People have a right to post an opinion. The past few seasons have been one disaster after another but having a go at each other is not helpful.

People within the club like all organisations have/will have made mistakes but have the interest of the club at heart and work hard. Hopefully over the next few years we can recover and move forward.

The improvement in results and reported performances is reassuring but I still feel we have a long way to go. It is difficult for me to comment and offer much of an opinion, as not currently watching the games. The results and depressing atmosphere of lowland league games are hard to take at times but this will not keep me away. Unfortunately my personal views of manager is stopping me from attending at present.

Hopefully we all get a boost soon, a few start to return and the team wins a few more games. Lots going on across Cowden in the Community, which is all good for the future.