Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

1 hour ago, karate kid said:

DD, as you now admit, an opinion, you come across as if you are Max in disguise saying things like Zander was taken off as he was knackered, in reality the game was far from done and anyone could see taking him off cost us the game, you need to wind your neck in sometimes mate.

Max in disguise unless DD has had hair transplant then no 😂

1 hour ago, boheesian said:

McArthur & Jones will be available. Will Spartans allow Penker to play? Hopefully Stevenson will have recovered.
Allowing Devon to go out on loan was a big mistake as he can play either side as a fullback and defensive midfield. 

Agree we could do with dev.

Never let's us down

There's plenty of chat on here about how well or otherwise the club is performing on and off the pitch and it is right that concerns are discussed. The minimum I would expect from fans is to pay their money and turn up at every game no matter what. I realise that doesn't happen as some prefer to vote with their feet. 

After that there is supporting the club financially as best as you can afford by buying raffles, treasure chest, player sponsorship etc all ways to ensure cash for the club to afford to put a team on the park.

The next bit is the more difficult and I'm not sure how it can be remedied. I believe the club needs new and young blood on the committee but this is proving difficult. Many of the current members are older and agree that new people are required. Some have even said they would willingly stand aside if others were to come forward. It's quite a commitment to be on the committee but I think the club needs people to come forward. I'm not on the committee but I'm a volunteer with specific tasks to do and that's another route to help the club. I know there are other volunteers that sell treasure chest tickets and other things but I also know the club have appealed for others to come forward to do other tasks but without success. Ask not what your club can do for you - ask what you can do for your club. Rant over

12 minutes ago, Number seven said:

Do you know how it is John?

No. I too only have my views but not necessarily based on all the information. For example I was surprised at Zander being substituted but I don't know if it was tactical, due to tiredness or whatever. Equally I was disappointed with Dan moving to Cowdenbeath but I don't know what the reasons were.  

Some good points made John.
I have said for a long time that the committee are doing a great job keeping the club going.That cannot be argued with.

The number one thing that counts is what is happening on the park.This MUST be questioned .

I really do not think it needs younger people on the committee to ask Christie what on earth is going on with this constant turn over of players      etc .If anything the ones who have been there for a long time should know things are not right.

54 minutes ago, John S said:

Every fan has the right to say as they see it. Not necessarily the same as how it is.

Disagree , I’m baffled by how things are going and I do go every week , pay my money , support the treasure chest etc so don’t like to see those comments brought to the table .

Yesterday was really all we had left to play for , we end up with 3 under 20s on the bench as support .

Much as I like to see this , not on this occasion , fine with league games because there is now nothing to play for .

Yesterday was it and we blew it again .

Max knew that we were short of players due to ineligibility , injury , suspension but chose to send Dev on loan and sold Dan .

Why do that before what was a big game ?

On here Max appears to have a lot of support but that is only a few supporters , some others including myself get really fed up with the same nonsense game after game , season after season and the supporters who never come on here are completely fed up with things on the park . That’s told in crowd numbers .

Yes I still go and will always go because I’ve always supported BU but I do not like what I am seeing especially in the past 2 or 3 seasons .

I can’t see any progression under current management no matter who they sign .

1 hour ago, seenitall said:

Disagree , I’m baffled by how things are going and I do go every week , pay my money , support the treasure chest etc so don’t like to see those comments brought to the table .

Yesterday was really all we had left to play for , we end up with 3 under 20s on the bench as support .

Much as I like to see this , not on this occasion , fine with league games because there is now nothing to play for .

Yesterday was it and we blew it again .

Max knew that we were short of players due to ineligibility , injury , suspension but chose to send Dev on loan and sold Dan .

Why do that before what was a big game ?

On here Max appears to have a lot of support but that is only a few supporters , some others including myself get really fed up with the same nonsense game after game , season after season and the supporters who never come on here are completely fed up with things on the park . That’s told in crowd numbers .

Yes I still go and will always go because I’ve always supported BU but I do not like what I am seeing especially in the past 2 or 3 seasons .

I can’t see any progression under current management no matter who they sign .

It's still as you see it. Some may agree and others may not. I'm being pedantic but I don't agree with the phrase 'As it is'. Keep coming with opinions though as you see it.

I look forward to watching and supporting the BU's in every game they play.    Sometimes they get a result and sometimes they don't. Everyone sees a game differently.  Everyone rates individual players differently.  Everyone knows better than the manager.

That is Fitbaw.

So can everyone calm down, stop the petty bickering and we can hopefully enjoy some peace on here  for a bit.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I look forward to watching and supporting the BU's in every game they play.    Sometimes they get a result and sometimes they don't. Everyone sees a game differently.  Everyone rates individual players differently.  Everyone knows better than the manager.

That is Fitbaw.

So can everyone calm down, stop the petty bickering and we can hopefully enjoy some peace on here  for a bit.

Dave I think your way if thinking about following a specific team is totally different from my own.

Personally I prefer to watch a good level of performance every week with maybe the odd poor performance thrown in.

What we are getting just now and for the last three seasons is miles off it.

If you are happy just going along accepting this dross then carry on .It must be the same feelings as the current committee.I fear that one day you will turn up at Newtown and be standing by yourself .Maybe Bohessian will be there right enough.

However that means losing out to teams who don’t accept mediocrity so readily and we will shortly be left in their slipstream.

Also I think the discussion on the forum just now is great and shows that people do care .

7 minutes ago, Number seven said:

Dave I think your way if thinking about following a specific team is totally different from my own.

Personally I prefer to watch a good level of performance every week with maybe the odd poor performance thrown in.

What we are getting just now and for the last three seasons is miles off it.

If you are happy just going along accepting this dross then carry on .It must be the same feelings as the current committee.I fear that one day you will turn up at Newtown and be standing by yourself .Maybe Bohessian will be there right enough.

However that means losing out to teams who don’t accept mediocrity so readily and we will shortly be left in their slipstream.

Also I think the discussion on the forum just now is great and shows that people do care .

I'll be there too. Mind you if it's only us three I can let them know the team without the need of a speaker. 

Well with the remaining games I don’t think it’s going to get much better

Spartans (H)

Celtic (H)

East Kilbride (H)

Gala Fairydean (A)

Linlithgow Cup Match (A) 

Gretna (H)

Tranent (A)

Caledonians Braves (H)

Hearts U21s (A)

And the away match to Podcast United whenever that is.

I think we’ll be lucky to come away with more than 7 points but footballs a funny game so you never know. However knowing us... we’ll end up beating Spartans, Tranent and then lose to Gretna. I really do fear for that cup match too...

I’ve now came to the fact that I wouldn’t trust Max to run a bath. Some of his tactical decisions have been bewildering; the Talbot lineup, the Shire lineup, the ‘experimenting’ with the team after the first 5 games of season when we top and some of the substituions in games; all this have cost us points and cup exits. Not exactly all on him as there’s been a few defensive howlers and we have a discipline problem.

The transfers have been wild too, yeah it probably is difficult to judge a player  off a couple of games in a completely different system, but we’re lucky if a new signing lasts more than 6 months now. Which has led to us basically having a U20s bench in really important games, I’m all for youth development but the average age on the bench yesterday was 19 in an important cup game that we were all looking forward too.                                                       Selling Dan had really confused me, loaning in a striker who can only play what 3 games for us is mental. And I was told Kelty had put in a bid for Jones which I don’t know the outcome off.

Once the league manages to flush out  Gretna, Edi Uni and the Shire ( ;) ) you have to really wonder where we are headed with Linlithgow, Darvel, Pollok, Sauchie or whoever coming to join as the league is going to get way tougher.

I think a gubbing over the flints in the cup could be it for him but at the end of the season I really think it’s best for us to split ways and get a new name in (Chris Geddes would be my pick if we could)and hopefully get the attendances up and start progressing in the League and the Scottish Cup. 

But we’ll wait and see

Something to ponder maybe is whether being around the same level as Berwick Rangers in the table and well ahead of Cowdenbeath on points is really so terrible? Some of the posts from Cowdenbeath fans in this thread appear to have resulted from being a bit dumbstruck that being well ahead of their club isn't seen as in any way surprising on here by fans of a former junior club. It was arguably easier to be near the top of the east superleage than it is with the LL especially when the OF colt teams are around so maybe there is a need to adjust expectations slightly?

If Beith win the WoS because Darvel become too distracted with their Scottish Cup escapades (think they might beat Falkirk), a certain team in maroon would almost certainly be automatically promoted with no playoff. Having local derbies in the league would likely be no bad thing from a fan interest standpoint. Think it's easy to forget that later round junior cup games were what also used to drive a lot of interest as well and the South Challenge Cup doesn't really cut it yet in comparison and likely never will. 

On younger people getting involved with the committee it's unfortunate that the people involved with Bo'ness Athletic felt a need for whatever reason to pursue their own ego trip and joined the EoS when West Lothian wing of the east juniors finally collapsed. 

Edited by LongTimeLurker