Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

1 hour ago, Number seven said:

Keep Gemmell on his toes?

He’s undroppable is he not?

If stories are true Max has tried to replace Michael Gemmell before the last 2 seasons.  No doubt in the summer he will again look for his replacement.

Despite that Gemmell keeps playing Fitbaw and offering 100% in every game.    A true credit to his profession.

39 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Forecast for Friday nights game is -2C but with the wind chill it's down to a punishing -5C.       I will be putting on about 20 layers in an effort to avoid frostbite !!

Mon the Polar Bears ..............I mean Mon the BU's !!

Assuming the pitch isn't frozen as well 

I accept that forums are all about opinions, but I find that Number Seven posts have become tiresome with his constant sarcastic comments and criticism of players and management alike. They’re not up to Lowland league standard, the management needs replaced, the signings are poor, now Michael Gemmell seems to be the latest in his line of fire. 

The club is running on a tight budget, it needs positive support, instead of the constant backbiting from a minority of “supporters”.

2 hours ago, dolly said:

I accept that forums are all about opinions, but I find that Number Seven posts have become tiresome with his constant sarcastic comments and criticism of players and management alike. They’re not up to Lowland league standard, the management needs replaced, the signings are poor, now Michael Gemmell seems to be the latest in his line of fire. 

The club is running on a tight budget, it needs positive support, instead of the constant backbiting from a minority of “supporters”.

Absolutely spot on. Frustrated managers the lot of them. 

2 minutes ago, boheesian said:

Absolutely spot on. Frustrated managers the lot of them. 

Fans don't know as much as the manager is the bottom line.   Who is available, who is injured, who attends training and what happens there re intensity and attitude.   It's easy for us fans to say for example X should be playing instead of Y but the manager has more information to make that decision.

In Max we Trust.

25 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Fans don't know as much as the manager is the bottom line.   Who is available, who is injured, who attends training and what happens there re intensity and attitude.   It's easy for us fans to say for example X should be playing instead of Y but the manager has more information to make that decision.

In Max we Trust.

It happens at all levels. So we just agree to disagree and let Max get on with it and get behind the team. 

2 hours ago, dolly said:

As you  say football is about opinions.

I would like to point out that Bo'ness United has been running on a tight budget for many years therefore there is no change there.

If you are judging the opinions of as you say the minority of "supporters" by the dozen Bo'ness minded fans who comment on here that is a false figure.

The attendances have fallen drastically in the last few seasons therefore to me that tells its own story. You may then say  they are not true supporters, but I can assure you some have supported  the club for 50 or 60 years and still support it in many other ways and if asked who their club was it would be BO'NESS UNITED not some other former junior team.

23 hours ago, dolly said:

What is your concern with Bo’ness United when your team is Bonnyrigg Rose?