Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

17 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Based on what I have seen this season this is what the starting 11 should be in a 4-2-3-1.

Where there are multiple names the first name is the first choice. The only exception to this for now are McArthur and Todd. McArthur needs a run of games at centre back before we know who’s best of him and Todd. The positions would stay constant unless injuries or suspension meant a reshuffle was needed. 

GK  Musa

RB  McCormack/Hawkins

LB  McCauley/Ward

CB  McArthur/Todd

CB  Locke

CM  Gemmell/Jacobs

CM  Johnston/Jacobs

AM  Walker/Hamilton

RW  Jones/Grant

LW  Stevenson

CF  Watt/Miller

Really uninspiring.

51 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Is it the squad that's annoying you or the 8mile positional set up ?

There is no way you can make a decent team out of that squad.

It looks worse written down.

I said before a ball was kicked this season that only McCormack and Locke were good enough for the Lowland league.I would now add only Hamilton and possibly Jones although his attitude recently has been questionable.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Is it the squad that's annoying you or the 8mile positional set up ?

I’m not sure what’s up with it to annoy Number seven. The set up and first choice is pretty much how we started the season - A team playing well, defending well and scoring goals.

Then Max got back from his holidays and started tinkering.

Thanks for the clarification No7.    

I reckon this squad are under performing in effort and execution in far too many games.    Add to that a keeper who is prone to errors and strikers who struggle to score and the BU's are a very frustrating team to support.

3 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Just seen this , is he decent ? Still young and hopefully knows where the net is 

Tiwi only played a few games at United when he was 17. He was fast and had a decent touch but was too lightweight at that time and we didn't keep him.  He then turned up at Bo'ness Athletic and I have watched him a few times.  Still has the same great pace but is now bigger and a good team player .  I reckon its a good signing for Kelty. 

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Tiwi had scored 43 goals this season at the end of December.  So YES he knows where the net is. 

Quite prolific at that level then , Austin was banging them in as well lower down the leagues but canny buy a goal the noo 

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Tiwi had scored 43 goals this season at the end of December.  So YES he knows where the net is. 

Pleased for the lad then because he really struggled to find it 90% of the time when he last played in a competitive league. Good luck to him when he eventually moves to Kelty and hopefully it’s not too much of a jump in level for him. 

2 minutes ago, John S said:

Loaned back to Athletic for the rest of the season 

Yeah heard that. 

13 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Pleased for the lad then because he really struggled to find it 90% of the time when he last played in a competitive league. Good luck to him when he eventually moves to Kelty and hopefully it’s not too much of a jump in level for him. 

Yeah heard that. 

Best of luck to the lad but 9th tier to 3rd tier , unlikely to work .

Seasoned professionals will see to that .

Any transfer gossip? I’d like to have thought we would be interested in  bringing a new striker in maybe since Watt doesn’t seem to be getting much game time and Miller is struggling right now. Possibly another box to box midfielder to keep Gemmell and Johnston on their toes as well.

Anyone know the extent of Hamilton’s injury as well? He’ll be a big miss if its serious.

2 minutes ago, BonessBWAH_ said:

Any transfer gossip? I’d like to have thought we would be interested in  bringing a new striker in maybe since Watt doesn’t seem to be getting much game time and Miller is struggling right now. Possibly another box to box midfielder to keep Gemmell and Johnston on their toes as well.

Anyone know the extent of Hamilton’s injury as well? He’ll be a big miss if its serious.

Keep Gemmell on his toes?

He’s undroppable is he not?

I would be very surprised if we could afford to bring in new players this month.      That's on the basis that this seasons projected budget wouldn't have factored in the declining home crowd numbers. 

If Max brought in a player he would have to shift a player/players off the wage bill.