Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

35 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I don’t want to get in tit for tat arguments with other team’s fans, but one thing you can’t accuse Cowden fans of on this board is going into hiding this season.

Yes, you are well clear of us no doubt, but in my mind the only thing that separates the likes of you guys and Berwick from Cowdenbeath is a top notch goalscorer.  You have Alassan Jones, Berwick have Liam Buchanan, without their goals, or someone of their ilk, you would both likely have about the same points as us.

As someone else pointed out, a couple of quid difference is hardly silly money, especially since we have to pay an over the top rent, whereas I’m sure you get a cushy deal from your council.  And it’s nice that if needed we can get a seat, especially for older fans. Not that I wanted to sit, but I think I missed your stand when I visited just before Christmas. 😉

What is this , get your facts right before coming on and spreading untruths .

BU have no cushy deal with council as council have nothing to do with the park. 

Suggest you stick with what you know .

Just now, seenitall said:

What is this , get your facts right before coming on and spreading untruths .

BU have no cushy deal with council as council have nothing to do with the park. 

Suggest you stick with what you know .

Apologies, I thought it was council owned, but I see it is community owned under a charity, the ground ownership was transferred by the council. And a lot of funds appear to have been provided since by the council.  The council seem to pop up quite a lot.

Anyway, I have no beef with that, good luck, it would seem to be in good hands, would love if Cowdenbeath had a similar arrangement, and I’m sure you will continue to get support from the council (that word again) when needed.

48 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Apologies, I thought it was council owned, but I see it is community owned under a charity, the ground ownership was transferred by the council. And a lot of funds appear to have been provided since by the council.  The council seem to pop up quite a lot.

Anyway, I have no beef with that, good luck, it would seem to be in good hands, would love if Cowdenbeath had a similar arrangement, and I’m sure you will continue to get support from the council (that word again) when needed.

I believe the funding for 2 developments was given to the Council - correct if I’m wrong - via Scottish Sports Council & The Lottery and Newtown Park Association & Dunipace FC were the chosen ones.

49 minutes ago, boheesian said:

I believe the funding for 2 developments was given to the Council - correct if I’m wrong - via Scottish Sports Council & The Lottery and Newtown Park Association & Dunipace FC were the chosen ones.

I was just reading this page here, council and Sports Scotland/lottery get a mention.

https://www.newtownpark.org/about

Either way, it’s all good I’m not knocking it, a good facility for the whole community and should ensure a secure future for the Bo’ness clubs.

6 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

It's bad enough this thread is polluted by Cowdenbeneathus fans.........but now Lithgieroaster has put in his tuppence worth.

Ach, we like to help you out in making you the second most popular thread in these parts.

6 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

...And it’s nice that if needed we can get a seat, especially for older fans. Not that I wanted to sit, but I think I missed your stand when I visited just before Christmas. 😉

Newtown Park still had a seated stand until relatively recently that dated back to the SFL days in the 1920s that included a season in the old First Division. Would have been easier to maintain if Bo'ness had received all the cash injections clubs like Cowdenbeath enjoyed over the decades from pools money, SFA, SFL and SPFL membership, but you still managed to lose your ground to stock car racing promoters despite that. 

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

The BUs got into the LL on a ppg basis with no playoff involved after COVID had started. In the minds of some Linlithgow Rose fans this means something but nobody else remembers or cares.

Most Rose fans don't care either.

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The BUs got into the LL on a ppg basis with no playoff involved after COVID had started. In the minds of some Linlithgow Rose fans this means something but nobody else remembers or cares.

Pmsl thought he was talking about Kelty sorry forgot where I was posting , sure lithgae would’ve refused promotion had shoe been on other foot 

27 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Newtown Park still had a seated stand until relatively recently that dated back to the SFL days in the 1920s that included a season in the old First Division. Would have been easier to maintain if Bo'ness had received all the cash injections clubs like Cowdenbeath enjoyed over the decades from pools money, SFA, SFL and SPFL membership, but you still managed to lose your ground to stock car racing promoters despite that. 

Are you just auditioning in this part of the forum for 3 or 4 years time?

Based on what I have seen this season this is what the starting 11 should be in a 4-2-3-1.

Where there are multiple names the first name is the first choice. The only exception to this for now are McArthur and Todd. McArthur needs a run of games at centre back before we know who’s best of him and Todd. The positions would stay constant unless injuries or suspension meant a reshuffle was needed. 

GK  Musa

RB  McCormack/Hawkins

LB  McCauley/Ward

CB  McArthur/Todd

CB  Locke

CM  Gemmell/Jacobs

CM  Johnston/Jacobs

AM  Walker/Hamilton

RW  Jones/Grant

LW  Stevenson

CF  Watt/Miller

Edited by 8MileBU

6 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Based on what I have seen this season this is what the starting 11 should be in a 4-2-3-1.

Where there are multiple names the first name is the first choice. The only exception to this for now are McArthur and Todd. McArthur needs a run of games at centre back before we know who’s best of him and Todd. The positions would stay constant unless injuries or suspension meant a reshuffle was needed. 

GK  Musa

RB  McCormack/Hawkins

LB  McCauley/Ward

CB  McArthur/Todd

CB  Locke

CM  Gemmell/Jacobs

CM  Johnston/Jacobs

AM  Walker/Hamilton

RW  Jones/Grant

LW  Stevenson

CF  Watt/Miller

😁