Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

2-0 to the Shire at halftime.   

First goal was a piss poor lobbed passback by Gemmell into the BU penalty box. Big Musa came out and tried to head it to avoid the indirect freekick but clattered the attacker to concede a penalty. 

Musa blocked the penalty but the penalty taker battered in the rebound .

BU then got a penalty.  Stevenson's effort was poor and was easily saved.  Why is Zander Miller not taking penalties !!

The second Shire goal was a decent finish but we really shouldn't be playing 2v2 at this level.

........and Max got a red card early doors for arguing with the ref.

........and I hear Kyle Johnston is away to hospital with a broken finger. 

Ended 2-1 to the baddies. Boo.

We could (and should) have snatched a deserved equaliser late on but alas not to be.   

At start of second half Heeps (poor first half) and Johnston (broken finger) were replaced by Todd and Jacobs.  This allowed Stevenson to play out wide and Locke move up to a more natural attacking role.   

We played a lot better second half........but that wouldn't be hard as we were really poor in the first. 

Jamie Hamilton my MOTM.

Well, where to begin with that.

To start, how are we at the same position as last season where randoms players go AWOL for a game then return the next game like nothings happened? I knew we were in for it when the lineup came out as missing our three best players in McCormack, Jones and Walker.

Nice of Christie to get the derby off to a flyer by being a mouthy wee twat he is and giving it to the ref, aye the ref was also a wee twat, but why keep mouthing off when he’s just dished you a yellow.

First half was very awful, no movement just passing it side to side in our own 3/4 of the pitch as we do for majority of the game and then try to pass it in the net. And then I missed some of it but Gemmels wild back pass that saw clumsy Musa give away another penalty. Hate to say it but I don’t think Gemmels technically good enough to continue play at this level. Stevo was also caught out of position a lot but he shouldn’t be playing in defence in the first place, topped his performance off with his penalty. 

Second half we lined up the way we should’ve started the game in my opinion. Was a wee bit better with Stevo and Locke moving up the park but again no one testing the keeper and trying to pass it in the net.

But a lot of passengers in that side. Zander (sadly)Grant, Todd...

Shire were dire going forward can’t remember Musa having to do much besides the two goals but credit where it’s due they defended very well, blocked every shot that we had (maybe about a whole 4) and cleared every poor cross and set pieced we fired in.

My only positive was McArthur, looks a solid centre half and dominant in the air. 

As for Christie, let’s just leave him in the year 2022 👍

Edited by BonessBWAH_

We were by far the better footballing side but we’re absolutely toothless. We should not be losing these games. Manager should have kept on walking out the stadium when he was sent off. We are a shambles and no better off than last year 

Thought BU were on top but mistakes cost us again .

We need a spine to the team , goalie lacks confidence , centre half needs to be regular , centre mid struggling and a centre forward again with no confidence . Not going to work .

Couldn’t understand the booking for Max , referee suggesting it was for him being outside the technical area , which he was . Pan along to the Shire dugout and there’s a guy doing the exact same . Come on officials try to be consistent . Obviously the red was for something he said . Doesn’t exactly show the right example to his players .