Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

Yes, I have a moan about team selection and players that don’t look good enough but what I remember is that Max approached the Club - when ‘Kegs’ resigned - wanting to become the Manager. We had an ageing side needing to be rebuilt - as he says - not the easiest of tasks but some on here “only sing when we’re winning” then when we’re not f**k off.

Merry Christmas to all posters especially Statler & Waldorf ie Number 7 & Seenitall

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Check out the BU Facebook page for a mid season interview from Max.    

The message is clear.....accepts we are underperforming, that not all the signings will be a success but he is building a team for the future.

In Max we trust.

Just watched this .

Seems to be feeling the heat does Max.

1 hour ago, boheesian said:

Yes, I have a moan about team selection and players that don’t look good enough but what I remember is that Max approached the Club - when ‘Kegs’ resigned - wanting to become the Manager. We had an ageing side needing to be rebuilt - as he says - not the easiest of tasks but some on here “only sing when we’re winning” then when we’re not f**k off.

Merry Christmas to all posters especially Statler & Waldorf ie Number 7 & Seenitall

Explain yourself re your rude comment there .

We are all entitled to our opinions and mine are very much in keeping with the general support , most of whom never post on here .

Certainly looks on Twitter that Max he thought he had to try to regain some confidence .

He talks of players not being good enough and shipped on , sometimes it’s the manager that’s not good enough .

Anyway , attendances will give the real reflection to how things are going .

Merry Xmas to all , even those who choose to use rudeness at this time of year ..

27 minutes ago, seenitall said:

We are all entitled to our opinions and mine are very much in keeping with the general support , most of whom never post on here .

Certainly looks on Twitter that Max he thought he had to try to regain some confidence .

He talks of players not being good enough and shipped on , sometimes it’s the manager that’s not good enough .

Merry Xmas to all , even those who choose to use rudeness at this time of year ..

27 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Well I never see many positives from you.  
Here’s a few McCormack, Locke - when not injured, McAulay, Jones, Johnston, Digaba - some rough edges to be rubbed off - potentially a good keeper.

We’re not a wealthy club so heavy investment ain’t going to happen and apart from the OF and excluding UoS & CSS the rest have had money thrown at them. 
So get rid of the Manager and IMO we will still be in the same postion.

4 hours ago, seenitall said:

So 6 good signings according to you .

Remind me , how many players has he signed ?

It doesn’t have to be about money and not true that the rest in your words have all had money thrown at them .

I meant to say that apart from the OF, UoS & CSS  the other 4 Clubs above us are heavily financed. 

On 24/12/2022 at 16:25, seenitall said:

On 24/12/2022 at 16:57, boheesian said:

When we got up to the lowland league it seemed like a great chance for us to challenge for the football league before Linlithgow and all the big west ex Junior teams appear. We haven’t taken that chance and out of all the teams that have been promoted up we have faired the worst. Don’t think we should be happy with our lot so far. So far compared to what I thought we could be we’ve been more ä sleeping giant. Crowds are going down and apathy is rife. Things need to start improving and soon 

12 hours ago, Bu bri said:

Correct I think he’s had long enough. Do we want the wee Rose to fly past us next season if they come up ?

If is correct. I know its all about progression. But is it worth it. We are 100 times better than we have been in a long long time. Crowd numbers are rising for league games and not just the Scottish ( lots of bu faces  aswell)  Lowland league looks less appealing when not in it and looking at boness crowds. Might just be that folk have the choice of a home game every week and not having to travel🤷‍♂️

17 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Bri, the BU's are rebuilding. Give Max time and he will get it right.

Max seems to dismantle as much as he builds though. Signed an excellent centre back last year only for differences with Max leading to him vanishing. If rumours to be believed the same thing has happened again with Todd. 

As for giving him time, there’s only so much rebuilding and “getting it right” that can be achieved with our limited budget. As things stand, it seems the harsh reality creeping in is that where we’re at now is possibly a case of us having found our level already, hence falling attendances and the knock on affect this has on our budget.

Other clubs seem to be able to attract generous sponsors or investors that help them progress, whilst two or three others clubs have a sugar daddy bankrolling the whole thing (always wondered, is FFP is even a thing in the lower leagues 🤔), but this seems to be something BU consistently struggle with.