Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

I wouldn't listen to a word of Number Seven. He said he has followed Bo'ness for 50 years. He only joined the forum 6 days ago. Shite stirrer comes to mind. Or is there another sinister reason behind these posts. ?

1 hour ago, Broomage5 said:

I wouldn't listen to a word of Number Seven. He said he has followed Bo'ness for 50 years. He only joined the forum 6 days ago. Shite stirrer comes to mind. Or is there another sinister reason behind these posts. ?

A bit harsh Broomage5. I don't know about Stenny but there's always plenty of debate about the merit of players at the BUs. I remember in times gone by you just needed to mention George Allison to set some off. Mind you he played for ten years under a number of managers and they all picked him. Blotted his copybook going to the Wee Rose though.

On 02/06/2022 at 21:44, Deanburn Dave said:

.......and some transfer gossip......

Galbraith, Murphy and Flynn have all left BU. Gemmell has been made an offer by BU but hasn't accepted it yet.

Galbraith was made of paper and I think he sometimes picked and chose the games he was fit to play.

On 02/06/2022 at 23:28, boness4ever said:

Micheal Gemmell was in utd club receiving his POTY award tonight,and his speech sounded like a farewell 

Rumour mill linking him with same destination as Andy Murphy.

On 04/06/2022 at 12:41, Number seven said:

What is the purpose of the club website?There is no mention of the three new signings on there.Seems you need to search the Falkirk Herald site .Also on another subject,Micheal Gemmell has been a fine servant to Bo’ness , but we really need more technically gifted players in midfield .

What a lot of pish. Gemmel’s probably not as technical as the likes of Locke or Galbraith but he never has been and hence why he’s more of a holding midfielder than a number 8 or 10.

On 04/06/2022 at 17:50, Number seven said:

Your post seemed to suggest that only technically gifted players got injured.Hard working players are indeed needed in a good balanced team but they also need to be good on the ball .With the best will in the world Michael Gemmell is not that man. However as you say it’s all about opinions.

Another lot of pish.

2 hours ago, Number seven said:

Some seriously paranoid people on this forum.The reason I only joined last week was because I now have more time on my hands due to change of employment.

Got a job and a phone since being released from Carstairs?

Over the last few years thought Michael Gemmell has been a key part in our success.

Does all the dirty hard work stuff  leadership 

When he came back into the side against Bonnyrigg you could see what we had been missing. 

Hope he stays for next season and he would have an important role to play .

I think most boness fans appreciate his efforts over the years 

Lots of talk of who is leaving lately so maybe this part should be emphasised:
The Newtown Park gaffer has snapped up midfielder Declan Hughes from Stenhousemuir, ex-Hill of Beath striker Dan Watt and former Clydebank under-20s captain Dylan Coll, all on one-year contracts. In another boost, striker Jack Smith has re-signed for another year...

The 4 above are the only confirmed new signings. Max is playing his hand close to his chest. No surprise when players who haven't signed create situations where they can increase their wages.

Heard that the (unnamed) player identified to replace Michael Gemmell was wanting £250 a week. That wasn't going to be possible so the signing was binned.
Michael still has an offer from the BU's to consider but Max has maybe damaged the relationship too badly.

4 hours ago, Number seven said:

Dear o dear.Fairly rattled cages on here.Good job you lot were not in the old enclosure in the 70s.This is getting pretty stupid now.Good luck with your Little GLEE club on this thread .Number seven has left the building.Number eight?

I was and opinions were openly discussed as all supporters on here do. We all had our favourite players then  and that’s still the same, If you can’t stand the heat then leave the kitchen

50 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

They also want Tiwi Daramola as well but may have been scared off by the transfer fee that was being asked for according to posts in their thread.

8 grand compensation they wanted, anything above £800 we’ll turn and run🤣 happy with just the one of the strikers though.

12 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Would like to wish young Musa in  goal the very best of luck in the LL next season and beyond.

Was a stand out for WW and will be hard gloves to replace. 

That’s now 4 signings for BU that they haven’t told us about . So much for social media .

16 minutes ago, seenitall said:

That’s now 4 signings for BU that they haven’t told us about . So much for social media .

The folk that do the social media are allowed a break too. Not like they’re SPFL  full time employees.