Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

20 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Keir signed on Tuesday 

Correct.  Digaba, McArthur & Johnston were on 2 yr contracts, Hawkins, Gemmell, Grant & Stevenson signed extensions and Malcolm plus McAulay signed later. So apart from the last two the others were signed up during Littles tenure as asst. Man or Manager.

2 minutes ago, boheesian said:

Correct.  Digaba, McArthur & Johnston were on 2 yr contracts, Hawkins, Gemmell, Grant & Stevenson signed extensions and Malcolm plus McAulay signed later. So apart from the last two the others were signed up during Littles tenure as asst. Man or Manager.

👍

14 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I hope you don’t get him but Danny Smiths record speaks for itself. 

Can’t see it being long before he lands one of the big jobs again. Is it three finals in 3 seasons at Dunipace?

Technically yes but the South Challenge was held over into last season and 2 finals this season 

11 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If the key is getting somebody in quickly who is not currently with a club but has lots of contacts at LL sort of level I would have thought Kevin Rutkiewicz is the obvious candidate:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Rutkiewicz

Has he applied do you know? Would be used to having more money to spend with EK. 

5 hours ago, Neilly said:

Rutkiewicz has been proven to be a poor football manager in his short career so far. There would be nothing appealing about going after him surely.

If someone with some tactical knowledge is there to help him... From what's been said he's actually a decent all-round manager and a good guy, with a contacts list any club in the league would want access to

9 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

No idea on whether he has applied but worth noting that almost his entire squad from last season were given free transfers by EK and I doubt all of them would have been on crazy money.

All the x EK players away to st cadocs

7 hours ago, Spyro said:

If someone with some tactical knowledge is there to help him... From what's been said he's actually a decent all-round manager and a good guy, with a contacts list any club in the league would want access to

Seems to be a good guy of that there is no doubt and comes across well in interviews but zero evidence of being a decent manager.

I'm not sure about the extensive contact list. Signed a bunch of old journeymen for EK on good money who done absolutely nothing. Most have now moved on to St Cadocs.

Out for a stroll and the word on the street is there is a lot of interest in the BU job.  Nine was the figure I heard.  Assume interviews will be held soon.   

Andy Shirra an applicant I heard,  must be in with a shout.

That would be a sensible appointment.

I hope you boys get it right, it’s been night and day for us since we appointed someone who knows the club inside out and knows what it takes to win.

Shirra I think was in your two in a row team before he joined us. Great player and lad. Good luck to him!

ps I hope we pump you every time, but I want you at your best when we do. 🌹 

52 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

That would be a sensible appointment.

I hope you boys get it right, it’s been night and day for us since we appointed someone who knows the club inside out and knows what it takes to win.

Shirra I think was in your two in a row team before he joined us. Great player and lad. Good luck to him!

ps I hope we pump you every time, but I want you at your best when we do. 🌹 

I heard he was asked about the job but wasn't taking it