Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

Excellent value for a friendly . Both teams keeping the ball on the ground making for a good watch .

Lots of good stuff from BUs , no 10 in first half split the defence with some superb passes , who was he ? Never appeared for second half .

Still plenty of players to come in .

3 Watt ? a young left fullback. Pace but too many early fouls. Would have been yellow carded after 20 mins if a proper game.
5 Jamie Todd a big tall Centrehalf who played really well. He had a brilliant run back and challenge. Understand he has signed and just the paperwork to come through. He impressed v Harthill as well.
8 Alasan Jones the silky swede midfielder. Another one who has signed but paperwork to come through.
10 don't know but he impressed . Only played first half.

A few sub trialists. George Torres the sub trialist keeper came on for Musa and made a few good saves.

Musa looks a quality keeper.

4- Dylan Coll was at Clydebank U20's last season. Played on midfield second half v Harthill and bossed the area. Today at centrehalf v LTHV you could see he is an all round good strong footballer. Looks and plays like a far more experienced player.
A great find by Max.

No.10 I believe was Jamie Hamilton. 
Can only play what’s in front of you and bearing that in mind it was a competent performance. Grant pulled the strings in the first half and scored two good goals, Ryan Stevenson looked to have a free role and took his goals well , then throw in Alasson Jones and Dan Ward and you have two players who look good on the ball. The back four looked solid and both keepers dealt easily with what LTHV threw at them.
Stronger teams await in the LL but what was on view today gives us something to build on.

Stronger teams await in the LL but what was on view today gives us something to build on.

Boheesian doing his best to keep the feet of the BU faithful on the ground.

I on the other hand think we have the makings of a very good team.

On 07/06/2022 at 22:02, newcastle broon said:

Would like to wish young Musa in  goal the very best of luck in the LL next season and beyond.

Was a stand out for WW and will be hard gloves to replace. 

Must be very well experienced in picking the ball out the back of the net newky.😁

The big keeper had just flew back from his holiday. Looked good for the 45 mins he played. I reckon he was only subbed because Max wanted to look at the trialist keeper George Torres. Is it just me that thinks those two names don't sit well together ?

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The big keeper had just flew back from his holiday. Looked good for the 45 mins he played. I reckon he was only subbed because Max wanted to look at the trialist keeper George Torres. Is it just me that thinks those two names don't sit well together ?

Jorge Torres sits better.

I suppose when you add McCormack, Locke, Hawkins & Hughes to yesterdays squad plus we sign the No.10 then I can share your optimism.

Bo'ness United twitter confirms that 3 "trialists" Alassan Jones, Ward and Todd have all completed their paperwork and are now BU players.
Also announced loan signing from last season Kyle Johnston is now a BU player and that Nick Locke and Michael Gemmell have signed contract extensions.

In Max we Trust .