Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

1 hour ago, Yodanumber1 said:

Gd result for Utd spoilt by athletic beating. Another pub team 😡

I’m sure their 6 fans were delighted. Hopefully they’ll flourish next season in the east of Scotland second division 👍🏼

4 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Aye see you guys are the odd team out this week, it’s a crap feeling when every other team are playing, especially when it’s a long weekend and cracking weather. 🤨

It just underlines how little worth, financially, the B teams are.  An Easter weekend should see everyone playing, hopefully boosting gate.

The fact that the season is extended to accommodate the B teams means extra wages for at least 3 weeks, maybe 4.

The clubs with low running costs can greedily take the money but we have to pay extra rent for having these three in.  I'm sure Cowdenbeath are in a similar position.

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

How do you think Dalbeattie Star drew 2-2 with Celtic B last week? That was a league rather than a cup game that could potentially have determined who got relegated this season.

Good point Lurker.  That's why this League is a complete farce and the sooner those clubs are removed the fairer it will become.

14 minutes ago, Standalone said:

Good point Lurker.  That's why this League is a complete farce and the sooner those clubs are removed the fairer it will become.

Those b teams are just there to bring on the youngsters apparently ? Should be either 3 points to every opponent or no points. It's not as if the b teams can get promoted. But is it fair if they can decide promotion or relegation, naw. So put them into the reserve league. LL should grow a pair and tell them to bolt.

I never thought I would be saying this, but I agree with Lithgierose. After reading the earlier post by Jambo’ness regarding finance, I can see no benefit in having them. I have no doubt they will dump the lowland league without a second thought if something they think better comes along.

On 08/04/2023 at 14:51, Jambo'ness said:

It just underlines how little worth, financially, the B teams are.  An Easter weekend should see everyone playing, hopefully boosting gate.

The fact that the season is extended to accommodate the B teams means extra wages for at least 3 weeks, maybe 4.

The clubs with low running costs can greedily take the money but we have to pay extra rent for having these three in.  I'm sure Cowdenbeath are in a similar position.

Do we ? How’s that then ?

BU Twitter announced contract extensions for Gemmell, Stevenson, Grant and Hawkins.

I assume these will all be 1 year extensions.

I had previously heard that there were very few players contracted for the 23/24 season.....think it was only 3 players.   Kyle Johnstone and Lewis McArthur were 2 of the 3.

Hopefully more good news over the coming weeks.