Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

45 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Rose fans will maybe find out that the LL is tougher than they think if they get promoted:

Doesn't show it there but I believe that Gala came back from 2-0 down with 10 men (keeper sent off). Congrats to them.

Sore one for the Wee Rose. 🤭

7 minutes ago, YirTea'sOot said:

Doesn't show it there but I believe that Gala came back from 2-0 down with 10 men (keeper sent off). Congrats to them.

Sore one for the Wee Rose. 🤭

Fucking hilarious 

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Rose fans will maybe find out that the LL is tougher than they think if they get promoted:

Rose have played LL teams 13 times I think. 11 wins, 1 loss and 1 draw (today and lost on pens). Not much to worry about if they go up.

16 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Rose have played LL teams 13 times I think. 11 wins, 1 loss and 1 draw (today and lost on pens). Not much to worry about if they go up.

Maybe they think your a wee diddy team and rest players 

20 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

I hope you carry on that complacency because you will end up on the seat of your pants.

Congratulations to former BU players Danny Galbraith & Gregor Nicol.  We obviously taught them that a two goal lead is no certainty of success.

11 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

BU Twitter announces Dylan Coll and Jack Smith have left the club.

Not a shock.

Was quite impressed with Dylan when I saw him play at the start of the season. Just a shame he suffered with the injury that saw him fall out of favour.

Jack Smith well the less said about that the better.

Ian Little: New Bo'ness United boss says he is already planning for next season

New Bo’ness United manager Ian Little says he is already planning for next season after taking on the job after an interim spell in charge of the Scottish Lowland Football League outfit.

By Ben Kearney
Published 29th Mar 2023, 16:11 BST- 2 min read

The ex-Berwick Rangers boss, who was previously assistant manager to Max Christie, was appointed last Friday by the club’s committee.

He told the Falkirk Herald: “I was delighted that I was entrusted by the board to take the job on. Max was also on at me a little to try and go for it and I was really interested.

"It has been an odd season for us and we haven’t been doing things in games at the right moments, but it is very fixable. I have enjoyed taking the team over the past few weeks and we have played pretty well. We should have been beaten Tranent, which would have been a big one for us.

"I have already been in touch with players and sorted some things out. I think it was crucial for the club to get someone in at this point and not to wait any longer as guys are already signing up for other teams, or at least agreeing deals.”

BU won 7-1 at the weekend away from home against bottom club Dalbeattie Star, and Little hailed the performance of midfielder Tom Grant.

The Newtown Park side now have three matches left of their campaign, and will finish in mid-table, with the team currently in ninth spot on 48 points from 33 games.

"We got a magical display from Tommy,” Little said. “He was a level above everyone else on the park. There were things I liked from the performance and things I didn’t, but the weather was so bad that was a bit of a lottery.

"It is just about getting the season over the line now. It feels very odd actually and it doesn’t feel like their is only three games to go. All we can do now is to try and win the last few games to finish the season on some sort of high.”

Little also confirmed that Dylan Coll and Jack Smith have left the club. BU face Open Goal Broomhill this weekend at home.

On 25/03/2023 at 14:48, LongTimeLurker said:

Question was how many players do we still have.   1-12 and 14-16  above makes 15.  Add to that Gemmell, Todd and Jacobs and it is 18 + of course they can call on the under 20 boys like French, Murdoch and Thomson.

Edit......Oops forgot Jamie Hamilton !! Injury means he won't be back this season.

Edited by Deanburn Dave

11 hours ago, BonessBWAH_ said:

Was quite impressed with Dylan when I saw him play at the start of the season. Just a shame he suffered with the injury that saw him fall out of favour.

Jack Smith well the less said about that the better.

I’m having a complete blank and despite knowing the name I can’t even picture who Jack Smith is or what position he played. 🤔🤯

2 hours ago, BonessBWAH_ said:

Ian Little: New Bo'ness United boss says he is already planning for next season

New Bo’ness United manager Ian Little says he is already planning for next season after taking on the job after an interim spell in charge of the Scottish Lowland Football League outfit.

By Ben Kearney
Published 29th Mar 2023, 16:11 BST- 2 min read

The ex-Berwick Rangers boss, who was previously assistant manager to Max Christie, was appointed last Friday by the club’s committee.

He told the Falkirk Herald: “I was delighted that I was entrusted by the board to take the job on. Max was also on at me a little to try and go for it and I was really interested.

"It has been an odd season for us and we haven’t been doing things in games at the right moments, but it is very fixable. I have enjoyed taking the team over the past few weeks and we have played pretty well. We should have been beaten Tranent, which would have been a big one for us.

"I have already been in touch with players and sorted some things out. I think it was crucial for the club to get someone in at this point and not to wait any longer as guys are already signing up for other teams, or at least agreeing deals.”

BU won 7-1 at the weekend away from home against bottom club Dalbeattie Star, and Little hailed the performance of midfielder Tom Grant.

The Newtown Park side now have three matches left of their campaign, and will finish in mid-table, with the team currently in ninth spot on 48 points from 33 games.

"We got a magical display from Tommy,” Little said. “He was a level above everyone else on the park. There were things I liked from the performance and things I didn’t, but the weather was so bad that was a bit of a lottery.

"It is just about getting the season over the line now. It feels very odd actually and it doesn’t feel like their is only three games to go. All we can do now is to try and win the last few games to finish the season on some sort of high.”

Little also confirmed that Dylan Coll and Jack Smith have left the club. BU face Open Goal Broomhill this weekend at home.

Two goal scorers are a must for next season.

22 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I’m having a complete blank and despite knowing the name I can’t even picture who Jack Smith is or what position he played. 🤔🤯

Think he played a league game, then started against Talbot in the Scottish and after that just vanished from what I remember. 

1 minute ago, Number seven said:

Two goal scorers are a must for next season

Less negativity please  Number seven we scored SEVEN goals on Saturday !!  

Joking apart we are definitely in need of some firepower up top for next season.