Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

On 07/03/2023 at 16:25, Number seven said:

New Bo’ness manager MUST have contacts all over Scottish football.

Huge job I front of whoever takes charge.

Fear that the committee will struggle to know how to go about their search as it’s been a while Since they have needed to find someone .

Probably find they will appoint Ian Little.

Talk of Stuart Hunter or Steven Hislop is really worrying as they have little experience .

Told you so.
Goodnight and Goodbye.

To some, like Number Seven, this choice appears to be a cop out, it is the most sensible decision that could be made.

At this stage in the season, Ian's knowledge of the players will be crucial when it comes to who may remain past the end of the season (not many at first sight).  It should be remembered by some here that our best results came at the start of the season when it was Ian at the helm, whilst Max on holiday

He has a chance to show he deserves a shot at the permanent gig.  I know he felt bitterly disappointed by his treatment at Berwick and is eager to show that he can deliver the goods.

He has my support, at least until this season ends.

2 minutes ago, Standalone said:

Anyone know Ian Little's CV ?

Copied from Wiki

During his playing career, Little represented Berwick Rangers, Livingston, Stenhousemuir and Alloa Athletic.[1]

Little had spells as manager of Vale of Leithen, Heriot Watt University, Livingston Under 20s, a brief caretaker role at Tranent Juniors, Whitehill Welfare, and Berwick Rangers.

8 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

To some, like Number Seven, this choice appears to be a cop out, it is the most sensible decision that could be made.

At this stage in the season, Ian's knowledge of the players will be crucial when it comes to who may remain past the end of the season (not many at first sight).  It should be remembered by some here that our best results came at the start of the season when it was Ian at the helm, whilst Max on holiday

He has a chance to show he deserves a shot at the permanent gig.  I know he felt bitterly disappointed by his treatment at Berwick and is eager to show that he can deliver the goods.

He has my support, at least until this season ends.

Fair enough until somebody comes in but should not be the end of the season .

We need someone in asap to see who they might want to keep even though I doubt if it will be many , with several going to leave anyway .

Games are meaningless now apart from the League Cup when it starts .

The previous incumbent has already destroyed us in all cup competitions .

For me it needs to be someone new not the previous managers assistant , this won’t wash with the support .

9 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

Copied from Wiki

During his playing career, Little represented Berwick Rangers, Livingston, Stenhousemuir and Alloa Athletic.[1]

Little had spells as manager of Vale of Leithen, Heriot Watt University, Livingston Under 20s, a brief caretaker role at Tranent Juniors, Whitehill Welfare, and Berwick Rangers.

Started at Meadowbank Thistle where he was managed by Max's dad and made his Scottish League debut aged 16.

5 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Fair enough until somebody comes in but should not be the end of the season .

We need someone in asap to see who they might want to keep even though I doubt if it will be many , with several going to leave anyway .

Games are meaningless now apart from the League Cup when it starts .

The previous incumbent has already destroyed us in all cup competitions .

For me it needs to be someone new not the previous managers assistant , this won’t wash with the support .

I disagree that games are meaningless now.  We still have a chance to finish in the top half of the league, with matches against two sides immediately above us to come.

Our support does suffer from a degree of over-expectation.  Maybe if we had the financial backing of some of those above us (good luck to them, not bitterness), we would be in a much healthier position.  

3 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

I disagree that games are meaningless now.  We still have a chance to finish in the top half of the league, with matches against two sides immediately above us to come.

Our support does suffer from a degree of over-expectation.  Maybe if we had the financial backing of some of those above us (good luck to them, not bitterness), we would be in a much healthier position.  

What does it matter where we finish now ?

I do not agree with over expectation , we just look to compete , which we clearly haven’t based on our league position .

we have been failed over the past 2 years clear and simple by incompetence .

4 minutes ago, seenitall said:

What does it matter where we finish now ?

I do not agree with over expectation , we just look to compete , which we clearly haven’t based on our league position .

we have been failed over the past 2 years clear and simple by incompetence .

Your first sentence is possibly the most ridiculous one that I have read on here, which is some achievement.

The tail-end of your second sentence negates the whole point of your first one.

I won't argue with your third sentence as it is your opinion, however much I may disagree.

Explain how league position matters after this seasons debacle . We are not going to get relegated so what prize is there for a certain league position ,

You will find that is not just my opinion regarding incompetence and everyone at BU should bare some of that ..

4 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Explain how league position matters after this seasons debacle . We are not going to get relegated so what prize is there for a certain league position ,

You will find that is not just my opinion regarding incompetence and everyone at BU should bare some of that ..

Explain?  Surely achieving a highest-possible position is explanation enough.  Unless you are one who wishes us to fail.