Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

14 hours ago, Arnie said:

Ian little away to Tranent with max what a horrible little p***k ( why take the job in the 1st place)

Karma's a bitch eh, it was ok when

BUs done it to Tranent 5 years ago, short memories. Lie Forrit 🇱🇻  

1 hour ago, Halfwit8 said:

Karma's a bitch eh, it was ok when

BUs done it to Tranent 5 years ago, short memories. Lie Forrit 🇱🇻  

Christie approached us 👍

Your username is very accurate

Edited by BonessBWAH_

For what it’s worth, does this now mean Steven Hislop is now out of a job? He was/is the assistant manager at Tranent. We need someone who can steady the ship, and he def. was a fan favourite as a player. Experience as an assistant, maybe he could step up.

What a shitebag. He’s a far better manager than the bloke he’s sooking up too.

Although I’m not that surprised. I think we all had that feeling he’d f**k off to wherever his mate landed as soon as the chance came. Jones is apparently going with him and I think they’re looking at Lennon Walker now too.

Football Managers come and go. That is Fitbaw.     However the timing of the departure of Ian Little could not have been worse for the BU's.     This is the time when contracts are extended for existing players, and new players get signed.   The new manager will face a huge challenge as he will have half a squad to find.     

55 minutes ago, BonessBWAH_ said:

Jones is apparently going with him and I think they’re looking at Lennon Walker now too.

I can see the attraction for both players if the rumours are true and Tranent are spending big to push for the LL title.     

10 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

....However the timing of the departure of Ian Little could not have been worse for the BU's.     This is the time when contracts are extended for existing players, and new players get signed.   The new manager will face a huge challenge as he will have half a squad to find.     

On the bright side, at least half a squad is already there as a foundation to build from. Even possibly the ex-Falkirk player mentioned on the last page if he signed a pre-contract. There's no shortage of Lowland League players looking for clubs after EK dumped all but two of their squad from last season and I doubt Broomhill will be holding onto all the podcast gang's signings. 

8 hours ago, Costa Crookies said:

For what it’s worth, does this now mean Steven Hislop is now out of a job? He was/is the assistant manager at Tranent. We need someone who can steady the ship, and he def. was a fan favourite as a player. Experience as an assistant, maybe he could step up.

Spoke to him when we played them last and he said he would probably finish at the end of the season.

9 hours ago, BonessBWAH_ said:

What a shitebag. He’s a far better manager than the bloke he’s sooking up too.

Although I’m not that surprised. I think we all had that feeling he’d f**k off to wherever his mate landed as soon as the chance came. Jones is apparently going with him and I think they’re looking at Lennon Walker now too.