Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

46 minutes ago, Costa Crookies said:

Getting the wee rose in the league would be icing on the cake, even if it is by default. Why can’t Beith be promoted? 

At least our promotion would give the Wee Bo'ness a decent attendance.

As going by current attendances most of the Wee Bo'ness supporters seem to now follow Linlithgow Thistle / Bo'ness Athletic.

Beith and Creetown who currently lead WoS and SoS aren't licensed so neither eligible for promotion to LL.

49 minutes ago, seenitall said:

So , if they’re good enough , why are we where we are .

I think at the end of next season I’ll be quoting that post .

it’s all about opinions , I hope you are right though .

Dave’s glass is never half empty. 
Why are where we are? When our top scorers Jones & Grant are both midfielders 13 each. It’s evident we need strikers. 
In the words of Captain Tom Moore “tomorrow will be a good day”

16 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

It is anything but a "lazy appointment".  Ian is a quality appointment.  Anybody who watched the team on Saturday could detect the difference with his tactics.

He knows the players there now and will have his own plans on who to keep and who to let go.  Like Max, he has plenty of contacts in the senior game after a long career in the lower divisions.

He has also demonstrated his interest in encouraging the young lads, helping with their training.

Of course, we will have doubters.  Those who think we were the team after Stevie Gerrard whilst forgetting the major hurdle we face.....a lack of money!

Bo’ness United have never had much money.The only good times we have enjoyed i the last forty years of our history have been when we have had decent coaches. Firstly Lenny Reid then Brian Fairley,Davie Baikie and Allan Macgonigal.So sourcing the correct man for the job is critical not just an easy and convenient appointment which this is.

What is the rush anyway?We have nothing to play for this season and three months before a new campaign start's.

Good luck Mr Little anyway.

Players can sign pre-contracts these days so waiting until the close season to build a squad can be a case of leaving it too late. That's why having somebody in pronto to retain the players that are already there that are worth keeping was important. There's still the League Cup as a possible trophy this season so the season isn't completely over in competitive terms even if it's difficult to work up too much excitement over that.

20 hours ago, BonessBWAH_ said:

Well, can’t say it’s that unexpected and was he the guy that I would’ve appointed? Probably not. 

But he’s technically undefeated when he’s been in the hotseat and the players seem to really warm to him so I say he deserves his shot at it, and hope everyone will get behind him. Interesting times ahead

The Continuity Candidate.

Hopefully he's more competent than the one currently being touted for the top job in a different sphere of life. Wouldn't be difficult.

I wish him (Little) all the best and hope he can get us back playing and challenging again soon.

52 minutes ago, Number seven said:

Bo’ness United have never had much money.The only good times we have enjoyed i the last forty years of our history have been when we have had decent coaches. Firstly Lenny Reid then Brian Fairley,Davie Baikie and Allan Macgonigal.So sourcing the correct man for the job is critical not just an easy and convenient appointment which this is.

What is the rush anyway?We have nothing to play for this season and three months before a new campaign start's.

Good luck Mr Little anyway.

Some of the good times have been thanks to the treasure chest. Football is a team game and all season it's looked like we've had 11 players who've never met before. Ian started the season well for us, and hopefully he'll end it well. Possible players need to want to play for the team rather than the cash, and a Little magic might be an encouragement. At the moment thanks to Ian, the mibees are positive rather than negative.