Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

A draw was probably fair, although I was a tad disappointed we could not see it out for an extra 2 points would have been nice.

Solid back 4 and shows that our best player in Jamie can be replaced and still be a decent side.

Middle to front needs to be stronger but a new manager will recognise that and make necessary changes.

Heard Cowdenbeath have tried to get another 3 of our players to sign up for next season, hope the offers to keep those players is strong enough from committee.

As I mentioned before a good core of players and if managed properly with some additions I feel we could compete for a top of league finish. 

Well, can’t say it’s that unexpected and was he the guy that I would’ve appointed? Probably not. 

But he’s technically undefeated when he’s been in the hotseat and the players seem to really warm to him so I say he deserves his shot at it, and hope everyone will get behind him. Interesting times ahead

Edited by BonessBWAH_

1 hour ago, BonessBWAH_ said:

Well, can’t say it’s that unexpected and was he the guy that I would’ve appointed? Probably not. 

But he’s technically undefeated when he’s been in the hotseat and the players seem to really warm to him so I say he deserves his shot at it, and hope everyone will get behind him. Interesting times ahead

Sensible choice. Maybe the other candidates came with a list of players to make us great only to probably find the club doesn’t have a pile of cash to achieve their goals.

Just hope the doubters amongst our support give him a chance to move forward.

TBH I thought Ian would be more of the same, but the last two games have shown a new spirit in the team. At last they have been able to string some passes together.

I’m looking forward to the remainder of this season far more than I did three weeks ago.

Thanks for everything Max, welcome to the hot seat Ian, best of luck, and best wishes.

3 minutes ago, Number seven said:

Really Lazy appointment but  I am not surprised as I predicted such an outcome when his pal packed in.

Does anybody know if the position was advertised and interviews conducted?

It is anything but a "lazy appointment".  Ian is a quality appointment.  Anybody who watched the team on Saturday could detect the difference with his tactics.

He knows the players there now and will have his own plans on who to keep and who to let go.  Like Max, he has plenty of contacts in the senior game after a long career in the lower divisions.

He has also demonstrated his interest in encouraging the young lads, helping with their training.

Of course, we will have doubters.  Those who think we were the team after Stevie Gerrard whilst forgetting the major hurdle we face.....a lack of money!

26 minutes ago, Number seven said:

Really Lazy appointment but  I am not surprised as I predicted such an outcome when his pal packed in.

Does anybody know if the position was advertised and interviews conducted?

It was and they were.

Edited by John S
Words

Just now, Number seven said:

Sounds like you have more inside knowledge of Ian Little than me Jambo.You would have to say though that he was part of a management team this season and most of last term was not producing much of note.

I just hope that other options were looked at .

There were interviews 

20 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Thought that would have been private , how do you know ?

Why would the fact that interviews held be private? I asked the question and got the answer. Don't know any of the details though. 

Firstly , the guy has an unbeaten record when in charge so does he deserve a chance , of course he does , just better not lose tomorrow though .

The problem is , if you are an assistant manager and disagree with the manager who continually f@@@s things up , you would leave , so based on that he must have agreed with the previous managers decisions .

The fact that the BU committee couldn’t bring themselves to sack a manager , then follow up by being unable to find a new manager is worrying to say the least .

Will all this convince the real fans , no I don’t think it will .

Let’s see what he can do but I believe with his quote stating “ he hoped to keep most of the squad “ we will be fighting relegation next term and getting closer to the other lot . Then what ?

30 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Let’s see what he can do but I believe with his quote stating “ he hoped to keep most of the squad “ we will be fighting relegation next term and getting closer to the other lot . Then what ?

Disagree strongly.   The bulk of that BU squad are good enough to challenge for the title.  There are only a few tweaks required ie Macaulay into LB in place of Ward, more game time for Hawkins,  a new Number 9 who can score goals and a stronger bench and we will be a top 4 team.

Time for a Little trust.

The committee did seek other applicants for the job so if they concluded Ian Little was the strongest available candidate after doing so and after seeing how the squad responded to him being in charge that's fair enough. A lazy appointment would have been handing him the job straight away.

Wasn't going to post it on here at the time but he was very experienced to be taking an assistant manager's role at this level so he always looked like the plan B waiting in the wings if the decision had to be made part way into this season that Max Christie's time was up.

One of Dalbeattie Star and Edinburgh Uni will likely still be around next season along with Gretna and an Open Goalless Broomhill so seriously doubt relegation will be an issue next season.

If Beith win the WoS there is a very good chance the EoS champion will be promoted by default this season with no playoff. Having the most likely EoS champion around would generate more interest again, which wouldn't do any harm in terms of finances for when the LL will be stronger than it is now in a few seasons time.

10 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Disagree strongly.   The bulk of that BU squad are good enough to challenge for the title.  There are only a few tweaks required ie Macaulay into LB in place of Ward, more game time for Hawkins,  a new Number 9 who can score goals and a stronger bench and we will be a top 4 team.

Time for a Little trust.

So , if they’re good enough , why are we where we are .

I think at the end of next season I’ll be quoting that post .

it’s all about opinions , I hope you are right though .