Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

The argument appears to be that it evens out over time but think the real reason is probably that in an EoS context pre-pyramid there was usually not much in the way of gate money to be split after a cup tie so they had more of an amateur level sort of approach to these issues. Something that can be dealt with easily enough at AGMs if clubs feel strongly enough about it.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

I see there's more shenanigans going on to accommodate the B teams in a new conference league to be levered in at tier 5. Not many people want it apart from two teams that seem to run Scottish football. The BUs seem to have gotten involved in a pantomime of a league. Hopefully the LL teams will see sense and we can get back to a league without interlopers who have no interest apart from what suits them. 

Bo’ness the better team, deservedly 1:0 up but came under a lot of pressure for the last 20 mins and lost a sloppy goal in the last min of normal time. The manager got his tactics spot on. We didn’t have a great bench tonight and this cost us.

A lot of good performances and on this showing only a couples of players away from a good side. 
where had McCormack disappeared to.??

2 minutes ago, dolly said:

Bo’ness the better team, deservedly 1:0 up but came under a lot of pressure for the last 20 mins and lost a sloppy goal in the last min of normal time. The manager got his tactics spot on. We didn’t have a great bench tonight and this cost us.

A lot of good performances and on this showing only a couples of players away from a good side. 
where had McCormack disappeared to.??

He was out injured last week so assuming is still the case. Same with Todd

13 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Good News-  Dave was at the game

Bad News-    Dave's phone was sitting on the couch !!   

Just on the day I was needing updates. The Twitter feed did well though. 

35 minutes ago, dolly said:

It was an enjoyable game to watch and for 70 minutes the BU's looked like the better team and played some nice Fitbaw.  We just needed that all important second goal but it wouldn't come.  Then as expected a few BU players started to tire and the BU's were put under some pressure especially as Miller and Heeps were unable to hold onto the ball up front.    Over the 90 I reckon the BU's deserved the 3 points but alas it was not to be.  

Lewis McArthur (apart from one bad swing and a miss) was excellent and my MOTM.  Him and Hawkins are a very good centrehalf pairing.

Really enjoyable game... and a bumper crowd thanks to being part of the Groundhop weekend.

Very good, well struck goal for BU to take the lead. Looked more likely to get a 2nd, but could see them tiring in last 15 mins or so and that's when Tranent kicked on... but never really got much on target and the BU defence challenged for every ball.

Must be gutted not to hold out as it was a late, late equaliser. Tranent definitely seemed to have more energy towards the end... don't know if that was just due to them chasing the game.... 

Seems every time I see Bo'ness away to one of the better sides, they put in a pretty solid performance (last one was Stirling Uni)