Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

9 minutes ago, Arnie said:

Why ? 

I think this should be forgotten about now.

I have decided that I got it completely wrong before when thinking it would be a good idea to think about a”merger”

I thought I should post this change in my thinking as I felt last week it may be a good idea.I was totally wrong.

To be honest I feel a bit silly now for even thinking it would be a good idea.

The people on the BU committee I believe have the best interest of the club at heart and are aware that the Athletic want to go their own way completely,with no interest in putting their lot in with the BUs.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

MOTM for me the classy McArthur. 

Clean sheet for the defence, goal for Zander, 3-0 win.......all good things ahead of our trip to Tranent next week.

Kyle Johnston for me, closely followed by McArthur.

8 minutes ago, Number seven said:

I think this should be forgotten about now.

I have decided that I got it completely wrong before when thinking it would be a good idea to think about a”merger”

I thought I should post this change in my thinking as I felt last week it may be a good idea.I was totally wrong.

To be honest I feel a bit silly now for even thinking it would be a good idea.

The people on the BU committee I believe have the best interest of the club at heart and are aware that the Athletic want to go their own way completely,with no interest in putting their lot in with the BUs.

The Athletic man’s hingin’ aboot on our thread as usual 😄

Yes 5pm.  Its part of the Ground hopper weekend.  Should be a fair number of neutrals there.

Tranent been told to expect 250 hoppers,trying to get extra help  from volunteers on gates,raffles bbq(yes a bbq) and stewarding.Hope you bring a decent support as well.Average crowd at Foresters Park just over 500 this season.

47 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Kyle Johnston for me, closely followed by McArthur.

Kyle played really well and I was surprised that he was subbed.    One of my favourite BU players to watch. We should build the team around him. 

The Xavi of the Lowland League !!

Kyle played really well and I was surprised that he was subbed.    One of my favourite BU players to watch. We should build the team around him. 

The Xavi of the Lowland League !!

He took a knock in the penalty box in the second half and seemed to limp away from that.  Always sensible to protect players by withdrawing them.

Today, I felt he played well and yes, we should build our midfield around him.  McArthur had another solid game, capped by a goal but for me Tom Grant was out in front, as demonstrated by his three assists.

2 hours ago, lithgierose said:

Aye can't have clubs getting free passes 🙄🤭

Just think your own club had the same chance that season but because they couldn’t string together the required PPG you failed miserably. 

2 hours ago, boheesian said:

Just think your own club had the same chance that season but because they couldn’t string together the required PPG you failed miserably. 

And it has got significantly better since. And the support has also returned and growing week in week out. How's it going in the big league with a dwindling support ?. 

14 hours ago, lithgierose said:

Aye can't have clubs getting free passes 🙄🤭

image.thumb.png.11b4df4704098cf97d1e8fc63919d0cb.png

10 hours ago, lithgierose said:

And it has got significantly better since. And the support has also returned and growing week in week out. How's it going in the big league with a dwindling support ?. 

You are genuinely stupid huh? Trying to point score about dwindling supports by reminding everyone that your own supporters all walked away not so long ago 😆

11 hours ago, lithgierose said:

Everyone at Newtown Park is pleased to hear about your recent success. After the long glory years under the stewardship of Davie Roy the barren years must have been difficult with players and supporters deserting the club. But here you are, on the cusp of finally winning the East of Scotland League and entering the Lowland League by means of football and not merely hoping for a space to open up. Now you can go away and enjoy your wee celebration and we'll see you in a few months. 

Edited by John S

11 minutes ago, John S said:

Everyone at Newtown Park is pleased to hear about your recent success. After the long glory years under the stewardship of Davie Roy the barren years must have been difficult with players and supporters deserting the club. But here you are, on the cusp of finally winning the East of Scotland League and entering the Lowland League by means of football and not merely hoping for a space to open up. Now you can go away and enjoy your wee celebration and we'll see you in a few months. 

Tbh I'd rather stay in the eosfl. My personal opinion.

7 hours ago, lithgierose said:

Tbh I'd rather stay in the eosfl. My personal opinion.

I miss the traditional fixtures with the old East Junior teams and sometimes hanker for "the good old days".  But without Kelty, Bonnyrigg, the BU's and Tranent the top league in the EoSFL isn't what it used to be.

The Lowland League at the moment isn't great but give it a couple of years and it will improve. .........assuming the B teams/Colts GTF and the LL and HL stay as tier 5.

2 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I miss the traditional fixtures with the old East Junior teams and sometimes hanker for "the good old days".  But without Kelty, Bonnyrigg, the BU's and Tranent the top league in the EoSFL isn't what it used to be.

The Lowland League at the moment isn't great but give it a couple of years and it will improve. .........assuming the B teams/Colts GTF and the LL and HL stay as tier 5.

B teams and colts are here to stay if the arse cheeks keep putting large amounts in. Followed by more Premier teams. Its a farce. They should start at the bottom if they want to play in the pyramid.