Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think Gary Jardine of Civil Service Strollers would be the ideal candidate but could be easier said than done.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Jardine

Certainly has a decent CV. However, he seems to be in a settled job at CSS so what can we offer him to make the trip west. From what is being said on here regards players moving on it could mean a complete rebuild so need to get someone in asap and assess the situation to move forward and see what’s needed. 

16 hours ago, searchers1963 said:

Why is it a bad idea. The people at athletic are just people at the end of day most people move on to other clubs

I don't know the United committee but I'm sure they all haven't been their for 50 years like it was in the past. Move on and get a bigger and better boness United. Don't be so stubborn. Dispite what people say about camelon we are still camelon it's just different people at the helm some might not agree with everything they do but if u get behind them their is a better chance of being a successful club

I said years ago, that Athletic would develop beyond Utd as they had a dynamic modern approach and mindset that the other mob don't have.

Maybe it's time for Utd to turn off the lights and accept the inevitable.

Just now, Auld Heid said:

I said years ago, that Athletic would develop beyond Utd as they had a dynamic modern approach and mindset that the other mob don't have.

I think its the problem within any club/fanbase is you will have people who just yearn for the past or want things to be what they've always been.  Sometimes you just need to think outside the box or face the reality of what is happening.

Looking at Camelon we've struggled for 2 years and needed to do something different but we had been in the same situation before as we were one of the original 11 going to move to EOS and their was people reluncant to move from the Junior set up and it took forward thinking people to do that and we did tht and it worked quite well. 

Same this time round with whats happened lately you get all sorts of stuff made up that they are going to take the team out of Camelon which has no substance or would even make sense. The same would happen in this situation if it became mostly Athletic people in charge and say its not bo'ness united anymore. As I said before people are people they aren't Bo'ness Athletic and thats all their lives. Bo'ness United would still be Bo'ness United if they merged

New Bo’ness manager MUST have contacts all over Scottish football.

Huge job I front of whoever takes charge.

Fear that the committee will struggle to know how to go about their search as it’s been a while Since they have needed to find someone .

Probably find they will appoint Ian Little.

Talk of Stuart Hunter or Steven Hislop is really worrying as they have little experience .

4 minutes ago, Number seven said:

New Bo’ness manager MUST have contacts all over Scottish football.

Huge job I front of whoever takes charge.

Fear that the committee will struggle to know how to go about their search as it’s been a while Since they have needed to find someone .

Probably find they will appoint Ian Little.

Talk of Stuart Hunter or Steven Hislop is really worrying as they have little experience .

You will always have people fantasise of a former player taking over but it either is wild speculation and ususally not realistic of what a club needs.

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

Nobody gave a f**k what you thought years ago and nobody gives a f**k now. Away count some calories you vile blob.

1 hour ago, searchers1963 said:

I think its the problem within any club/fanbase is you will have people who just yearn for the past or want things to be what they've always been.  Sometimes you just need to think outside the box or face the reality of what is happening.

Looking at Camelon we've struggled for 2 years and needed to do something different but we had been in the same situation before as we were one of the original 11 going to move to EOS and their was people reluncant to move from the Junior set up and it took forward thinking people to do that and we did tht and it worked quite well. 

Same this time round with whats happened lately you get all sorts of stuff made up that they are going to take the team out of Camelon which has no substance or would even make sense. The same would happen in this situation if it became mostly Athletic people in charge and say its not bo'ness united anymore. As I said before people are people they aren't Bo'ness Athletic and thats all their lives. Bo'ness United would still be Bo'ness United if they merged

The bold bit I feel is partly what’s prevented BU building on past successes. In no way is this a dig at the committee for the hard work they’ve put in over they years but there’s a reluctance to move away from the tried and trusted. There have been forward-thinking folk on our committee in the past that were willing to move with the times and go against the grain but then hit a brick wall of resistance to the point they felt there was no point continuing and left.

1 minute ago, 8MileBU said:

Nobody gave a f**k what you thought years ago and nobody gives a f**k now. Away count some calories you vile blob.

The bold bit I feel is partly what’s prevented BU building on past successes. In no way is this a dig at the committee for the hard work they’ve put in over they years but there’s a reluctance to move away from the tried and trusted. There have been forward-thinking folk on our committee in the past that were willing to move with the times and go against the grain but then hit a brick wall of resistance to the point they felt there was no point continuing and left.

Noone can doubt these people are hard working same on any committee but as you scared of change

In an effort to put this situation into perspective. Bo'ness United are now looking for a new manager.

All this talk of mergers etc. has nothing to do with the situation.

Because a few individuals come along and decide to start a football team and because of the situation with Newtown Park Ass. are allowed to play on  Newtown Park and enjoy a bit of success in the lower reaches of the game has nothing whatsoever to do with BUs looking for a manager.

Over the years players, managers and committees have come and gone. Glory days and not so glory days have come and gone therefore there is nothing new about looking for another manager. These are all things that this other team have yet to experience. Only time will tell if they survive all those ups and down

If this sounds old fashioned and not moving with times then I am guilty on both accounts.

20 minutes ago, Standalone said:

In an effort to put this situation into perspective. Bo'ness United are now looking for a new manager.

Because a few individuals come along and decide to start a football team and because of the situation with Newtown Park Ass. are allowed to play on  Newtown Park and enjoy a bit of success in the lower reaches of the game has nothing whatsoever to do with BUs looking for a manager.

Over the years players, managers and committees have come and gone. Glory days and not so glory days have come and gone therefore there is nothing new about looking for another manager. These are all things that this other team have yet to experience. Only time will tell if they survive all those ups and down

If this sounds old fashioned and not moving with times then I am guilty on both accounts.

They actually did willie Irvine wasn't the manager when they first joined the juniors. Gareth Alexander was

I’m sure the committee have a better knowledge of who’s available/ might be interested in the manager’s job. They will know the financial situation, and possibly which players are staying/leaving. From where I stand, the cash through the gates this season will not have been great, and we have a squad of players who don’t seem to play as a team. I don’t think we have played the same players in roughly the same positions two games running.

Do we need a reset? Yes, do we need a rebuild? Possibly.

I suggested Steven Hislop as he seems to be doing a reasonable job at Tranent, and I think he has a good knowledge of this level of football. He is a name that’s still well loved at Newtown, and would carry the fans. Don’t know if he’d want the job to be honest. Ian Little has been with the club since the summer, and should know the team. I imagine he will be in charge on Saturday, it’s up to him to prove himself.

Who ever gets the job gets my support.

47 minutes ago, Standalone said:

I agree ,they are two separate issues, new manager and talking about a merger.
It was brought into the conversation as a possible way forward as there really is a malaise at the BUs at the moment.

We are not at the moment in a good place .

We have a committee that could not make a simple decision to sack the manager even though the fans were telling them in their droves by staying away .

How are they going to make a decision on a new one ?

Hopefully whoever gets it has lowland league knowledge and has the ability to know what a striker looks like .

6 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Just you stick to red dotting posts like the child you are.

Accept your demise gracefully - it's people like you who contribute nothing that's partially to blame 

7 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Just you stick to red dotting posts like the child you are.

Accept your demise gracefully - it's people like you who contribute nothing that's partially to blame 

Will do 👌

“contribute nothing” 😄 

Hilarious coming from the guy that once walked away from supporting the Rose to contribute ticket money to the crooks that were at Ibrox. 

You don’t know a thing.

12 hours ago, Number seven said:

I agree ,they are two separate issues, new manager and talking about a merger.
It was brought into the conversation as a possible way forward as there really is a malaise at the BUs at the moment.

The point I was trying make is that I much prefer to discuss a new manager than something that is unlikely to ever happen.