Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

18 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Did max get you promoted 🤔 

I am guessing this is not about Max being a promotion winning manager  but (another) dig at the validity of the BU winning the EoSFL Premier Division on PPG during the COVID affected season.

Accept it and move on Lithgierose.

7 minutes ago, Yodanumber1 said:

2 Boness teams with skill sets on both sides, makes sense as max will take his £ with him

On paper this reads as a good idea and despite my grievances with how Athletic went about getting to where they are, I’ve never had a gripe with their ambition. So that said, I wouldn’t necessarily object to what you’re suggesting, but how would you even begin trying to implement it, particularly with the progress Athletic are making in their league at the moment?

5 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

On paper this reads as a good idea and despite my grievances with how Athletic went about getting to where they are, I’ve never had a gripe with their ambition. So that said, I wouldn’t necessarily object to what you’re suggesting, but how would you even begin trying to implement it, particularly with the progress Athletic are making in their league at the moment?

Same way syngenta moved to camelon

9 minutes ago, searchers1963 said:

Same way syngenta moved to camelon

U get grown men round a table and forget the past and create a top 6 lowland league club for the people of Boness, that the reality in my humble opinion

31 minutes ago, Standalone said:

Bad idea, should never happen. There is only one BO'NESS UNITED.

My concern is that the current Bo’ness United committee seem stuck in their ways and afraid of change.

Without knowing the ins and outs of what or was not said when the Athletic started up, I think that it’s time to move forward for the good of football in Bo’ness.There is no room in the town for two teams playing at a similar level.

Maybe I am being a bit naive in my thinking but the people at Athletic seem enthusiastic in what they are trying to do although they maybe have gone about their business a bit clumsily.

1 hour ago, Standalone said:

Bad idea, should never happen. There is only one BO'NESS UNITED.

Why is it a bad idea. The people at athletic are just people at the end of day most people move on to other clubs

I don't know the United committee but I'm sure they all haven't been their for 50 years like it was in the past. Move on and get a bigger and better boness United. Don't be so stubborn. Dispite what people say about camelon we are still camelon it's just different people at the helm some might not agree with everything they do but if u get behind them their is a better chance of being a successful club

12 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

It's official. BU Twitter announced it a few minutes ago.

Should have happened around this time last year but at least it means the next guy knows he will be given plenty of time and support to build his team and that should make it easier to attract someone good.

11 hours ago, Yodanumber1 said:

Time to go one team ?

The complication could be that Syngenta (the youth club side of it) just hooked up with Bo'ness Athletic but I think it's an absolute no brainer that there needs to be only one Bo'ness club playing out of Newtown Park.

It won't be long until players contracts expire so we need a new manager who can (1) make good decisions on who he wants to stay from the current BU squad and (2) knows players or can quickly identify players who can play at this level.

He then needs the skills and the backing to attract them to the club.  

The new manager has to make several early decisions and he needs to get most of them right to give the BU faithful a winning team.

Mon the BU's !!!