Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

After watching the short coverage of yesterday’s game,it confirms to me that this manager has to go .

Macormack,like others, was asked to play in a position he was   not comfortable with .He was at fault for both goals trying to get his body shape in correct position.

There was a left back on subs bench in Ward, not the best,but more used to the position.

I caught a glimpse of Max Christie at full time looking lost ,not angry just needing put out of his misery.

I heard that Dan Watt was transferred because Max thought he was a chancer.  Watt claimed for a number of weeks to be too injured to play but the BU coaching staff said he was fit enough.  Watt would turn up on match days, say he was not fit and then pocket his wages.   There was a suspicion he had been tapped up by another club.    Cowdenbeath then popped up with a transfer fee and Max moved him on.   It would have been stupid to have held him at the BU's.

What's the point of Max putting youngsters on the bench if he won't play them ?  Jamie Todd took a really sore one 5 minutes from the end and looked crippled. He could hardly stand never mind run and Max did HeeHaw.  

Toddy gets credit for pushing through the pain barrier but he should have stayed down rather than try and run it off (hobble it off probably more accurate).  Max should have been decisive and made the change of putting young French on the pitch.

I know its a youngster untested at this level but at least he could run.  

10 hours ago, lithgierose said:

Don't know who the guy was. Boness realist so wasn't 8 mile that's for sure. Guy said boness can't get rid of max as he pays three players wages. He brought them with him from a Previous club ? And he said 8 mile is a slavering bawbag. 

Was it not Marooneye you were talking to?

1 minute ago, Deanburn Dave said:

What's the point of Max putting youngsters on the bench if he won't play them ?  Jamie Todd took a really sore one 5 minutes from the end and looked crippled. He could hardly stand never mind run and Max did HeeHaw.  

Toddy gets credit for pushing through the pain barrier but he should have stayed down rather than try and run it off (hobble it off probably more accurate).  Max should have been decisive and made the change of putting young French on the pitch.

I know it’s a youngster untested at this level but at least he could run.  

I think he changes the team whichever way the wind blows. 

17 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

So, what’s left to play for now in season 22/23? 

The Lowland League committee may award you a trophy, just like the EoS. 

It's actually questionable if Utd are even the best team in Bo'ness these days?

2 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

The Lowland League committee may award you a trophy, just like the EoS. 

It's actually questionable if Utd are even the best team in Bo'ness these days?

You're trying too hard Auld Dunderheid........away and molest some swans.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

You're trying too hard Auld Dunderheid........away and molest some swans.

If that's your best response then you clearly recognise I'm correct.

Indeed I'd go as far as suggesting you're lot wouldn't even be top 4 in EoS Premier.

Missed the derby day nerves so was nice to have that back again and good to see a few familiar faces after a few years. Obviously gutted with the result but if it wasn't clear before then the result shows that we are not competing as well as we should be. We dominated  the first half but couldn't convert, Rose dominant in the second and cruically were able to convert their penalty and press on, never gave us the chance to come back.

Season is effectively over so the club needs to decide how they want to move forward, certainly need to work on trying to keep our best players for next season. LL will be a more competitive league and we need to be able to compete.

In response to deanburn dave accusations regarding  daniel watt being fit to play or not. I can assure you that he has torn a ligament  in his ankle ,he is not the kind of person that would just take the money and not play. As for the coaching staff saying he is fit to play ,what a lot of nonsense. As for his move to Cowdenbeath he found out at the civil service strollers game against  boness and was told he was sold . He didn't have a choice max just told him . So please stop spreading malicious  gossip, you have no clue what's really going on behind the scenes.

14 hours ago, lithgierose said:

Don't know who the guy was. Boness realist so wasn't 8 mile that's for sure. Guy said boness can't get rid of max as he pays three players wages. He brought them with him from a Previous club ? And he said 8 mile is a slavering bawbag. 

That rumour has been going around since Max came , maybe he is , maybe he isn’t , but the club should in no way have put themselves in this position if it’s true .

The three players were named a while back but not going to post on here but I’m sure most fans will can work it out .

2 hours ago, HornGreen1104 said:

Season is effectively over so the club needs to decide how they want to move forward, certainly need to work on trying to keep our best players for next season. 

More of a priority to sort out the managers position.  Do the committee back him or sack him ?