Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

Was a neutral at todays game. Really enjoyed it.

I thought overall, result was maybe right. While Bo'ness were better side in first half, Linlithgow were better in 2nd by a larger distance. 

Once Linlithgow brought a bit of extra pace on from the bench, that's where they turned the game. Could see the Bo'ness defence struggled with that.

Could also totally see all the up front issues for Bo'ness that get mentioned here regularly. When Bo'ness were good, the number 9 and 11 had a lot of the ball and ran with it, but never really got efforts away that would beat a keeper.

No doubt Linlithgow are a good team. But Bo'ness aren't far away. Find a pairing up front that works, a little more defensive mobility and just a little more depth for the midfield and there is a decent side there (obviously none of that is as easy as sounds, but the right players to add to the jigsaw are out there).

59 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

C'mon Dave - is it not about time you blamed the ref 😂.

IT'S THE REFS FAULT !!!!........

Fuzzy,   He was actually a lot better today than in the last 2 BU games he has refereed.  Didn't spend ages lecturing players and didn't blow the whistle ever time there was a wee bit contact. The 2 penalty awards and bookings all looked OK. 

Today his performance gets a thumbs up from me. 

I took in the game as a neutral too. Quite enjoyed it. Turning point was the rush of the blood to the head of the Bo'ness defender who needlessly bundled over the Rose player for Lithgae's penalty and Rose kicked on from there.

A sore one to lose to your deadly rivals but I've seen Lithgae a couple of times this season and that team would do well in the Lowland League tbf.

8 minutes ago, Marooneye said:

Hurting.

Just my back really.

As for football, I stopped hurting months ago. The league and the Scottish are all that are worth bothering about and Mastermind Max seen that our season was down the pan before we even got to Halloween.

1 minute ago, 8MileBU said:

Just my back really.

As for football, I stopped hurting months ago. The league and the Scottish are all that are worth bothering about and Mastermind Max seen that our season was down the pan before we even got to Halloween.

Calling someone Mastermind and following it with grammar like that 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Number seven said:

Is there still a League cup?

Round 1 of the Lowland League cup starts 29/4.     No B teams allowed which means only the 16* teams in round one. 

(*the LL winner can opt out of this competition to focus on the LL/HL game which gives one team a bye into the last 8)

8 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Round 1 of the Lowland League cup starts 29/4.     No B teams allowed which means only the 16* teams in round one. 

(*the LL winner can opt out of this competition to focus on the LL/HL game which gives one team a bye into the last 8)

Thanks Dave.

2 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

Was a neutral at todays game. Really enjoyed it.

I thought overall, result was maybe right. While Bo'ness were better side in first half, Linlithgow were better in 2nd by a larger distance. 

Once Linlithgow brought a bit of extra pace on from the bench, that's where they turned the game. Could see the Bo'ness defence struggled with that.

Could also totally see all the up front issues for Bo'ness that get mentioned here regularly. When Bo'ness were good, the number 9 and 11 had a lot of the ball and ran with it, but never really got efforts away that would beat a keeper.

No doubt Linlithgow are a good team. But Bo'ness aren't far away. Find a pairing up front that works, a little more defensive mobility and just a little more depth for the midfield and there is a decent side there (obviously none of that is as easy as sounds, but the right players to add to the jigsaw are out there).

Bo’ness aren’t far away you say in one breath and then add that there are problems in defence,midfield and attack .?
Boness are miles away from a team for goodness sake .

12 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Still the League Cup as one last possible piece of silverware to aim for but doubt anyone is getting that excited about that.

Yep, yaaawn.

12 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Calling someone Mastermind and following it with grammar like that 😂😂😂

Ouch. Right in the feels. Got me there. Good one! 

image.thumb.jpeg.9558490783a918834893bb8ce1a5cd82.jpeg

Edited by 8MileBU

Don't know who the guy was. Boness realist so wasn't 8 mile that's for sure. Guy said boness can't get rid of max as he pays three players wages. He brought them with him from a Previous club ? And he said 8 mile is a slavering bawbag. 

10 hours ago, Number seven said:

Bo’ness aren’t far away you say in one breath and then add that there are problems in defence,midfield and attack .?
Boness are miles away from a team for goodness sake .

I disagree that they are miles away but are struggling massively in attack and that showed in the 2nd half. Every time the ball went forward it didn’t stick.

Although I do think the Bo’ness changes should’ve happened sooner I still don’t think if any players on the bench really would’ve made much of a difference had they been given more time . 

For what it’s worth I don’t think you are far away.

Some good young players, notably 11 and 7 who will get better.

I think some legs in centre mid and a top striker and you’ve got a really good team. Was impressed with both centre halves and the right back for Bo’ness. Two last ditch tackles prevented a couple certain goals. 

8 hours ago, karate kid said:

Should have been out of site in first half.

Really poor 2nd half.

Subs should have been utilised alot earlier.

Today's result summed up the season for me 

Didn’t go yesterday but 100% agree with this post.

8 hours ago, lithgierose said:

Don't know who the guy was. Boness realist so wasn't 8 mile that's for sure. Guy said boness can't get rid of max as he pays three players wages. He brought them with him from a Previous club ? And he said 8 mile is a slavering bawbag. 

Funny sentence to finish with given the rest of the post is a slavering mess. God knows who you were attempting to reply to. Seek help man.

9 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

For what it’s worth I don’t think you are far away.

Some good young players, notably 11 and 7 who will get better.

I think some legs in centre mid and a top striker and you’ve got a really good team. Was impressed with both centre halves and the right back for Bo’ness. Two last ditch tackles prevented a couple certain goals. 

We had a good striker in Dan but let him go. Not an out-and-out goal scorer but created chances for others and was a handful to play against. 

Hard to disagree with your post though, although I think a manager that picks their best 11 in their most effective positions and not who he’s had a wee huff with that week might help too.