Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

Not been on in a while and can’t believe that I’m reading posts from someone comparing that tribute act who play against stoneyburn and harthill every week to lowland league sides 😂😂😂 surely a wind up.

Ok you had Lennon Walker on loan at 16/17 and he may not have been built for men’s football at that age but he’s since developed into a quality player. Tuwi was absolutely hopeless at united as a young boy but similarly has developed into a good player albeit untested against players out with the lowest possible level of senior football 

4 hours ago, Nicholas Rage said:

With next season in mind I feel you almost have to persevere with Miller and see if there's anything still there, especially since he's probably still getting back to fitness given he never had a proper pre season.

In short NO, NO, NO.   I think it was the right and proper thing for Max to show loyalty and to try and get him back into the team but you can see he doesn't get stuck in or do "physical" and after a broken leg that is 100% understandable.  Time for Zander to move on.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

In short NO, NO, NO.   I think it was the right and proper thing for Max to show loyalty and to try and get him back into the team but you can see he doesn't get stuck in or do "physical" and after a broken leg that is 100% understandable.  Time for Zander to move on.

A bit harsh, Zander has been poorly managed after his leg break and thrown to the wolves. 

Like a few of the players I'm sure he would be quite happy to move on....

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

KK,   how should he have been managed ?? 

His injury was a career changing one, he was rushed back, forced to play more minutes than he should have, without the proper physio back up and then played out of position on numerous times, thoughts? 

Without a pre season you're never going to see what Zander has now really, he's playing catch-up all this season.

That said, it's an indictment of Max and the transfers that I think the best option is to give a guy who might not have much left at this level the rest of the season. Might as well let you're own player run around and be ineffective as someone else's. Dan Watt leaving remains inexplicable to me.

6 hours ago, Number seven said:

Shifting deck chairs on the Titanic again.
This is head in the sand stuff and an example of what I mean about Bo’ness and what’s left of a fan base.

This team and management are not good.

Huge changes are needed make the football a good watch not just “a good day out”.

Fully on the side of Max needs to go, but ultimately it's clear the board will do their own thing there so all I can do is watch the games and hope for a bit of fun until the seasons over.

2 hours ago, karate kid said:

His injury was a career changing one, he was rushed back, forced to play more minutes than he should have, without the proper physio back up and then played out of position on numerous times, thoughts? 

KK, I don't speak to Zander so can't answer the first few points.  I post based on what I see.

Position wise he is a forward so it shouldn't matter whether he is played as a 9,10 or 11 his job is to get stuck in and get goals. 

Hopefully he bangs in the winner at deprestonfield on Saturday and I have to eat some humble pie.

On 25/02/2023 at 23:19, Number seven said:

Childish post pal.Are you feeling alright?

The guy’s a complete dickhead. Sets up a Bo’ness club. Breaks up a Bo’ness community club pathway. Sets up a new pathway. For Grangemouth. 

Good for the town.

On 25/02/2023 at 23:29, Sure & Stedfast said:

Merely a correction to the misconception that Walker didn’t play for Athletic. He did.

Calm down.

Good luck against the wee Rose.

Athletic dismantled them at Christmas. Let’s see how the “big team” does.

You actually think the Rose turned up and put any effort into playing you lot? 😆

Cup Final effort from you lot. Second gear and half arsed from the Rose. Them’s the facts. 

Zanders game time management.

Missed first 6 still recovering from injury. Next came on as Sub, Started next 7, Next came on as Sub, Started next 2, Next came on as Sub., started next 4, missed next 1, started next 2, Came on as Sub, Started next , came on as Sub, Started next 3, came on as sub next 2.

Scored 6 goals.

On 25/02/2023 at 23:34, Sure & Stedfast said:

I believe the footage is well used but the committee and management keep the footage to themselves.

Stick in.

Oh Mr O is that you again putting your big beach ball head above parapet you really have to try harder maybe stick to amateur football and leave Bo’ness united alone you talk with fork tongue mr O ……

17 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

The guy’s a complete dickhead. Sets up a Bo’ness club. Breaks up a Bo’ness community club pathway. Sets up a new pathway. For Grangemouth. 

Good for the town.

You actually think the Rose turned up and put any effort into playing you lot? 😆

Cup Final effort from you lot. Second gear and half arsed from the Rose. Them’s the facts. 

Got to agree on summing up of Mr O on all things here I’m sure on his Chamberlain like speech at fisons when seeking favour of all Bo’ness Kin his then club then named the juniors was to support the community of united, more lies from the fork tongue tan boy from over the hill 

For me Saturday has to be Max’s last  stand. Get ä doing on Saturday and that has to be it no ifs and buts. Will be there on Saturday but I will be watching through the cracks of my fingers. You just don’t know what Bo’ness will turn up these days 

Christie isn’t the guy to take us forward anymore and should’ve been gone many moons ago imo.

However,  if it is last chance saloon for him on Saturday. I don’t really see the point in sacking him with not much league games to go and nothing to play for. Might as well just see the season out and call it quits at the end.

Doubt anyone will leave there role at this stage of the season and all you’ll probably get in is a caretaker.        Gives you plenty of time to identify the right candidate though.

2 hours ago, BonessBWAH_ said:

Christie isn’t the guy to take us forward anymore and should’ve been gone many moons ago imo.

However,  if it is last chance saloon for him on Saturday. I don’t really see the point in sacking him with not much league games to go and nothing to play for. Might as well just see the season out and call it quits at the end.

Doubt anyone will leave there role at this stage of the season and all you’ll probably get in is a caretaker.        Gives you plenty of time to identify the right candidate though.

You can't afford to sack him.