Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

Good second half comeback from the BUs today ,credit must go to the manager and players for turning it around.

However it should not mean that all is now fine and dandy .A favourable run of fixtures in to the end of the season will mean that results will probably improve and paper over the gaping cracks in the situation at the club.

Questions that were there before today still remain.Indeed Christie again making early tactical and player changes show that he clearly is throwing stuff at a wall hoping some of it sticks.

Having to field an player who rarely featured at Bo’ness Athletic is not great planning.

I remain of the opinion that a change of manager is necessary .Failure to do so will see us being in exactly the same place this time next season.

6 minutes ago, Number seven said:

Good second half comeback from the BUs today ,credit must go to the manager and players for turning it around.

However it should not mean that all is now fine and dandy .A favourable run of fixtures in to the end of the season will mean that results will probably improve and paper over the gaping cracks in the situation at the club.

Questions that were there before today still remain.Indeed Christie again making early tactical and player changes show that he clearly is throwing stuff at a wall hoping some of it sticks.

Having to field an player who rarely featured at Bo’ness Athletic is not great planning.

I remain of the opinion that a change of manager is necessary .Failure to do so will see us being in exactly the same place this time next season.

I would only disagree with “ the same place “ . I think the league will be a lot stronger next season as clubs like Cowdenbeath and East Stirling will improve from this season and the 2 clubs that have been cast adrift will be gone . If not one of them .

Lets see what the supporters think after next week .

I have seen the lad Zara play and can’t  see him at lowland league level .

53 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Zata did.  Walker didn't.

6422556B-DCD4-42C2-8064-A8CD3A74C8EF.jpeg

…both not good enough for Athletic.

Best wishes to them in their next steps. Both appear to be making a big difference to United.

Good for the town. Pathway appears to be working.

Edited by Sure & Stedfast

9 minutes ago, seenitall said:

I would only disagree with “ the same place “ . I think the league will be a lot stronger next season as clubs like Cowdenbeath and East Stirling will improve from this season and the 2 clubs that have been cast adrift will be gone . If not one of them .

Lets see what the supporters think after next week .

I have seen the lad Zara play and can’t  see him at lowland league level .

When I said same place,I wasn’t meaning League table position,I meant seeing dwindling interest in the club and other teams bypassing us .

I agree that Bo’ness could be next season’s Dalbeattie Star/Edinburgh University .

Not good enough for Athletic, but good enough for Falkirk to sign him. Almost as if some players don't work some places and do others, especially early in their careers.

Quite the complex Athletic seem to have, coming on here increasingly often recently. Guess that comes from playing glorified pub teams every week.

Edited by Nicholas Rage

2 minutes ago, Nicholas Rage said:

Not good enough for Athletic, but good enough for Falkirk to sign him. Almost as if some players don't work some places and do others, especially early in their careers.

Quite the complex Athletic seem to have, coming on here increasingly often recently. Guess that comes from playing glorified pub teams every week.

Merely a correction to the misconception that Walker didn’t play for Athletic. He did.

Calm down.

Good luck against the wee Rose.

Athletic dismantled them at Christmas. Let’s see how the “big team” does.

Hope after yesterday Max (for as long as he has a job) plays McCormack - Todd - McArthur - Ward as a four going forward. Todd and McArthur look decent as a pairing and McCormack is wasted away from RB, he offers so much at both ends of the pitch from there. Ward and Lennon are a lightweight pairing on the left, but the work well together and McArthur/Gemmell can come across and offer muscle when needed.

Obviously problems remain up front, Lennon puts a shift in there but much like McCormack, feel he's far more effective in his actual position on the wing and none of Heeps/Miller/Jones harbour much confidence at the moment. With next season in mind I feel you almost have to persevere with Miller and see if there's anything still there, especially since he's probably still getting back to fitness given he never had a proper pre season.

Not much to look forward to, but a couple more days out like yesterday would be lovely.

Edited by Nicholas Rage

2 hours ago, Nicholas Rage said:

Hope after yesterday Max (for as long as he has a job) plays McCormack - Todd - McArthur - Ward as a four going forward. Todd and McArthur look decent as a pairing and McCormack is wasted away from RB, he offers so much at both ends of the pitch from there. Ward and Lennon are a lightweight pairing on the left, but the work well together and McArthur/Gemmell can come across and offer muscle when needed.

Obviously problems remain up front, Lennon puts a shift in there but much like McCormack, feel he's far more effective in his actual position on the wing and none of Heeps/Miller/Jones harbour much confidence at the moment. With next season in mind I feel you almost have to persevere with Miller and see if there's anything still there, especially since he's probably still getting back to fitness given he never had a proper pre season.

Not much to look forward to, but a couple more days out like yesterday would be lovely.

Shifting deck chairs on the Titanic again.
This is head in the sand stuff and an example of what I mean about Bo’ness and what’s left of a fan base.

This team and management are not good.

Huge changes are needed make the football a good watch not just “a good day out”.