Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

10 minutes ago, Bublue said:

That be closed doors friendly where you opened up to public without telling the rose pocketing the money and posted all over social media knowing that rose players had been out nite before cowboys 

Haha!

Several boys missing, trying new formation and squad players playing… Rose still defeated comfortably.

That’ll be when the Rose asked for parents and guests to be admitted … when you don’t know the full story, best to stay quiet.

Edited by Sure & Stedfast

34 minutes ago, Marooneye said:

It was a bounce game mate.  Your lot treated it like a cup final.

The Rose players had been on a team night out the day before.

If your using that as an argument to show how far you have come think again.

You fucked up tier 9 last season, it's a crap league you're in, calm down.

Why organise a “bounce game” after a team night out? 🤣 To try get them to sweat out the booze?

Seems a bit ridiculous, no?

11 minutes ago, Sure & Stedfast said:

Haha!

Several boys missing, trying new formation and squad players playing… Rose still defeated comfortably.

That’ll be when the Rose asked for parents and guests to be admitted … when you don’t know the full story, best to stay quiet.

It’s obvious it’s you Mr O please stop embarrassing yourself 

6 minutes ago, Bublue said:

It’s obvious it’s you Mr O please stop embarrassing yourself 

Are we at the guess who stage of the game?

Concentrate on getting your team up the league for the good of the town and stop being a perpetual fandan.

Edited by Sure & Stedfast

3 minutes ago, Sure & Stedfast said:

Are we at the guess who stage of the game?

Concentrate on getting your team up the league for the good of the town and stop being a perpetual f@nny.

Embarrassing for a club official to act in such a manner mr Oliver 

1 hour ago, Sure & Stedfast said:

Offer was declined. 

Time to be open with your supporters and members. You should have put it to your members to vote on.

BOness Athletic, what happened last season, leading a poor league 4 leagues below BU, couldn’t get up last year when it was stronger, are you swallowing your own pish?

24 minutes ago, BonessBWAH_ said:

Why organise a “bounce game” after a team night out? 🤣 To try get them to sweat out the booze?

Seems a bit ridiculous, no?

Believe game was last minute due to fixtures being postponed.

A bounce game nothing more so why cancel organised night out.

Bo'ness United are a great club with a fantastic history, unlike the charlatans currently sharing Newtown.

22 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

It’ll come back. Our crowds were dwindling too until Herd and Millar took over and we got a good young team you can get behind and we started firstly playing good football then winning.

I think you might be seeing fans missing the “big junior” games as you got up to the LL so quickly. Only a matter of time until that returns and you aren’t in danger of going down.

Athletic banging the goals in (albeit in a pub league) are possibly shaving close to a hundred of your gate is a worry. Bo’ness isn’t big enough for two teams imo.

Some weren’t happy when the Rose distanced themselves when the Community Club went rogue a few years ago but you have to protect your Fanbase.

Looking forward to the derby for the first time in 3 years? I know we have a laugh but I want to see a good Rose and Bo’ness in the same league and going toe to toe. That’s what football at this level is all about!

11 hours ago, Sure & Stedfast said:

Unlikely to happen now. That was before the change in strategy.
7-3 victors over a full strength Rose team. It’ll be a trouncing over a BU team. No friendlies between the teams on the cards now.

No horse in this race but bumping your gums about beating teams in friendlies is a diddy mentality, as is making a lot of noise about skudding glorified amateur sides every week. If you were as good as you say maybe you would have pipped Syngenta or Whitburn to promotion last year.

This thread is for Bo’ness United FC.

78 years of history.

Good and bad.

Really don’t see what  this other team playing at a park looked after by officials of that wonderful old club are all about . 

The embarrassing posts seemingly supplied by members of this team on this thread have confirmed to me that there stay at Newtown will be short lived.

17 hours ago, Arnie said:

Strange that you think that when can hardly win a game in the 20s league but they can make the step up LL 

I never once said they were ready to start in the LL. but i know its a newfly formed 20s team playing against established 20s teams, that doesnt mean that the individual players have rhe abilty to make the grade very naive

18 hours ago, Marooneye said:

It was a bounce game mate.  Your lot treated it like a cup final.

The Rose players had been on a team night out the day before.

If your using that as an argument to show how far you have come think again.

You fucked up tier 9 last season, it's a crap league you're in, calm down.

I may have this wrong as I’m struggling to remember, but did what’s now Athletic not initially approach Linlithgow Rose but got told to bolt after deciding they were going to step up from amateurs?

Edited by 8MileBU

14 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I may have this wrong as I’m struggling to remember, but did what’s now Athletic not initially approach Linlithgow Rose but got told to bolt after deciding they were going to step up from amateurs?

When united went into eosnthey became boness United juniors. Their was a linlithgow rose community one as well and had some at whitburn celebrating that linlithgow and boness were coming back

1 hour ago, alan862 said:

When united went into eosnthey became boness United juniors. Their was a linlithgow rose community one as well and had some at whitburn celebrating that linlithgow and boness were coming back

Yes I know all that, but I’m asking if it’s right they’d approached the Rose first but got told to bolt prior to rocking up at Newtown as BU Juniors?