Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

1 minute ago, Cowden41 said:

Just admit it Deanburn Dave there was a gulf in class between Boness and Cumbernauld Colts.   As you are always going on about gulf in class when Boness win a game surely the same reasoning applies when you lose..

If Cumbernauld were " garbage like that " then BU were as usual the better team, so I don't follow Cowden41's arguement.

20 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

If Cumbernauld were " garbage like that " then BU were as usual the better team, so I don't follow Cowden41's arguement.

It’s Deanburn Dave that goes on about the gulf in class regarding Bo’ness when the reality is they are just a mediocre team.

4 hours ago, Cowden41 said:

It’s Deanburn Dave that goes on about the gulf in class regarding Bo’ness when the reality is they are just a mediocre team.

There wasn't a gulf in class today.  Cumbernauld were a poor side but the BU's struggled to even reach "poor".   Several BU players today played really poorly and I would score them out of 10:-

Musa 3

McArthur 6

Ward 3

McCormack 7

Todd 5

Gemmell 5

Johnston 5

Locke 5

Walker 5

Jones 1

Miller 2

With so many performing poorly the team didn't deserve a result.

2 hours ago, seenitall said:

Lennon substitution , who was right , the manager or the support ?

Poor doesn’t even cover todays performance .

This supporter couldn't believe that Alasson Jones wasn't hooked. Many BU fans appeared to share that view.    

12 hours ago, Cowden41 said:

^^^not coping well with being the second best club in blue from a former coal mining town in Scotland's fifth tier. The table doesn't lie is an irritating cliche but there's a definite gulf between Bo'ness and Cowdenbeath in that context right now whether you like it or not. Maybe you should be worrying more about what gets done closer to home to turn that around than what gets posted in a Bo'ness United thread?

8 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

There wasn't a gulf in class today.  Cumbernauld were a poor side but the BU's struggled to even reach "poor".   Several BU players today played really poorly and I would score them out of 10:-

Musa 3

McArthur 6

Ward 3

McCormack 7

Todd 5

Gemmell 5

Johnston 5

Locke 5

Walker 5

Jones 1

Miller 2

With so many performing poorly the team didn't deserve a result.

How has Musa performed overall this season? 

After 2 wins on the bounce this performance and result was always on the cards. It’s the way we have been the last 2 seasons. But the committee and some fans on here seem to think this is good enough. Glad their happy. I for one are not

Ahhh yes, I see the Cowdenbeath fans are eagerly logging back into their accounts after their first win in however many games.

Since yous have came down yous seem to create a very weird obsession with whatever teams manages to deal with yous, which looking at the league table is most teams...

Yous can fish for bites all yous want, (this post probably is one) but a gulf in quality? I would say yes considering the 15 point gap between us and papping yous out the cup on your own turf.

Keep charging the silly prices, thinking yous are a big club down here in the Lowland League, for a viewing in your honking stadium and all the best for the remainder 👍

Team selection yesterday was unbalanced. Failing to field a strong starting 11 and playing to our strengths is our weakness.

Conditions were tough but same for both sides and Cumberland adapted better and we're up for the challenge.

Some strange decisions when making subs also.

Need a big improvement for Friday or it could be embarrassing 

Edited by karate kid

8 minutes ago, karate kid said:

Team selection yesterday was unbalanced. Failing to field a strong starting 11 and playing to our strengths is our weakness.

Conditions were tough but same for both sides and Cumberland adapted better and we're up for the challenge.

Some strange decisions when making subs also.

Need a big improvement for Friday or it could be embarrassing 

Only change from last week was Walker for Hamilton (injured and could be out for a while), other options were Grant or Stevenson (not imo a midfield player) think Coll is but possibly not match fit after a broken foot. 
The starting lineup was 11 guys who turned up for a game asked what position they normally played and proceeded to serve up dross. 
Jones is a bit of an enigma, if he starts a game well then he’s a potential match winner unfortunately not yesterday. By the way not the only one.l

6 minutes ago, boheesian said:

Only change from last week was Walker for Hamilton (injured and could be out for a while), other options were Grant or Stevenson (not imo a midfield player) think Coll is but possibly not match fit after a broken foot. 
The starting lineup was 11 guys who turned up for a game asked what position they normally played and proceeded to serve up dross. 
Jones is a bit of an enigma, if he starts a game well then he’s a potential match winner unfortunately not yesterday. By the way not the only one.l

Sorry, you must have been at a different couple of games from me, how did Zander perform last week, at what point did locke play on the left, did Jones play on the right? 

As for asking the guys where they prefer playing, I'm not sure you would get 11 answers stating the positions they played in yesterday.

51 minutes ago, BonessBWAH_ said:

Keep charging the silly prices, thinking yous are a big club down here in the Lowland League, for a viewing in your honking stadium and all the best for the remainder 👍

Maybe I'm biting now but are £10/£5 silly prices?

Think your prices are £8/£5 so same price for a concession.

I don't think there's a lot between the sides in this league - apart from maybe the bottom two. Anyone could beat anyone on their day. Most teams are more savvy than us though and know how to grind out a result at this level.

Alasson had a poor game but won’t criticise as he is a definite talent , but players like him can’t do it all the time and if all around him play badly then there’s no chance .

That is why he is with BU and not at a higher level .

1 hour ago, BonessBWAH_ said:

Ahhh yes, I see the Cowdenbeath fans are eagerly logging back into their accounts after their first win in however many games.

Since yous have came down yous seem to create a very weird obsession with whatever teams manages to deal with yous, which looking at the league table is most teams...

Yous can fish for bites all yous want, (this post probably is one) but a gulf in quality? I would say yes considering the 15 point gap between us and papping yous out the cup on your own turf.

I don’t want to get in tit for tat arguments with other team’s fans, but one thing you can’t accuse Cowden fans of on this board is going into hiding this season.

Yes, you are well clear of us no doubt, but in my mind the only thing that separates the likes of you guys and Berwick from Cowdenbeath is a top notch goalscorer.  You have Alassan Jones, Berwick have Liam Buchanan, without their goals, or someone of their ilk, you would both likely have about the same points as us.

As someone else pointed out, a couple of quid difference is hardly silly money, especially since we have to pay an over the top rent, whereas I’m sure you get a cushy deal from your council.  And it’s nice that if needed we can get a seat, especially for older fans. Not that I wanted to sit, but I think I missed your stand when I visited just before Christmas. 😉

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

^^^not coping well with being the second best club in blue from a former coal mining town in Scotland's fifth tier. The table doesn't lie is an irritating cliche but there's a definite gulf between Bo'ness and Cowdenbeath in that context right now whether you like it or not. Maybe you should be worrying more about what gets done closer to home to turn that around than what gets posted in a Bo'ness United thread?

Pot kettle black Just like Deanburn Dave comes onto the Cowden thread and comments about us.  I don’t think there is a gulf in class between the teams.  Cowden dominated the first half of the Scottish cup tie and should have been a couple of goals up but Bo’ness closed the game out well.  In the league game at Central we missed a sitter to make it 2-0 just before you equalised although we had rode our luck up to the equaliser.  Still a long way to go in the league so will be interesting to see how many points both teams accumulate.