Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

4 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Kyle Johnston MOTM for me tonight.

Kyle is only 19 but he plays like a far more experienced player.  Some exceptional passing from the young player this evening.  Having broken a finger in a match only a few days ago he wasn't afraid to get stuck in.

Really good win tonight for Bo'ness... which has me asking, just why are you not further up the table??? Looked for good and very solid against a pacey team that you never allowed to get going.

Thought the Uni side slightly edged the first half and created a few openings, but most actual shots were well dealt with by the BU goalie. Couple of 1 on 1s he spread himself really well.

2nd half, other than the goal conceded at the end, was just a thorough professional performance from Bo'ness. Kept the ball alive from a corner following a bit of a scramble to score the first. The 2nd was just a wonderful run and effort... brilliant goal. 

From that point, Bo'ness just soaked up all the Uni had and really should have hit them on the break a few times, but just lacked the final pass most times. BU ended the game looking fitter and stronger. Never let the Uni get into there stride through a combination of shit-housery, getting a challenge in on every pass forward/into the box and threatening to break themselves. 

Uni maybe slightly edged first half, but BU were far, far better in the 2nd. Play that way until the end of the season and you should have a good run in!

13 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

Really good win tonight for Bo'ness... which has me asking, just why are you not further up the table???

I put it down to unnecessary tinkering with the team. I also think its the reason we lost to Talbot in the Scottish.

Edited by 8MileBU

Great display , good to watch against a team we hadn’t beaten previously .

UoS are always a difficult team to play , fast and fit but we coped really well .

Defence were excellent , Ward had a difficult first half against what has to be said a very fast winger . Approved in second half .

Midfield worked hard and were also excellent .

Struggled to get much support to Zander was the only downside .

Watt again caused problems when he come in .

When I look at table , I think we should be 9 points higher and in the mix .

I base that on Gala/Broomhill home matches , no points when we should have had 6 . Berwick/Shire away when really should have had 4 points minimum rather than 1 .

Pretty frustrating but if we could go on a four or five game unbeaten run we could get up there . Consistency is the problem though .

18 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Looks like Dylan Coll has returned from his loan.

Has a broken foot DD possibly 4 weeks out. Ward has returned in time to cover for McAulay and looks like Walker could stay till the end of the season. Max now has a squad of 21 to give him headaches with team selection plus yellow cards adding up for suspensions.

Having a look at the form since the Talbot game it's been pretty decent, outside of the Rangers B game BU were in all of them until the end and should have won at least one of the games where points were dropped (Cowden away) and arguably deserved a point or better against Celtic B. Got a nice run of winnable games coming up and would be great to go into the home games against Spartans / Celtic B / East Kilbride confident that we can at least have a say in who wins it all.

3 hours ago, Nicholas Rage said:

Having a look at the form since the Talbot game it's been pretty decent, outside of the Rangers B game BU were in all of them until the end and should have won at least one of the games where points were dropped (Cowden away) and arguably deserved a point or better against Celtic B. Got a nice run of winnable games coming up and would be great to go into the home games against Spartans / Celtic B / East Kilbride confident that we can at least have a say in who wins it all.

Thought we played well last night. Goalkeeper was confident,  defence solid, after they got over a couple of scary moments early on. The midfield was very good, got through a lot of work but still not convinced with the attack.

The Uni are a very good team, young, fit and fast but seemed to lack an experienced leader on the park to give them the necessary drive to sometimes win ugly.

19 minutes ago, dolly said:

Thought we played well last night. Goalkeeper was confident,  defence solid, after they got over a couple of scary moments early on. The midfield was very good, got through a lot of work but still not convinced with the attack.

The Uni are a very good team, young, fit and fast but seemed to lack an experienced leader on the park to give them the necessary drive to sometimes win ugly.

Leader might still have been on holiday.

The Uni team are training full time and this shows in the speed they move the ball around but I guess once their university course is finished they move on and the next group come through so it’s maybe difficult to get that “leader” on the park

43 minutes ago, dolly said:

......... but still not convinced with the attack........

Let's be blunt and say that (1) Zander Miller is not the player he was before breaking his leg v Wick and (2) Dan Watt is more of a hold up player than a goal scorer.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Let's be blunt and say that (1) Zander Miller is not the player he was before breaking his leg v Wick and (2) Dan Watt is more of a hold up player than a goal scorer.

Dan is the man for the centre forward role. He is brutal to play against and creates more goal scoring opportunities. Doesn’t matter if the centre forward is a goal scorer as long as the goals are coming from somewhere.

14 hours ago, Nicholas Rage said:

Zander looks utterly devoid of confidence, would like to see how he does after grabbing a couple but it's hard to see where they are coming from right now.

Every goal he has scored this season has been against either lower LL or lower division sides.  I don't honestly think the Zander of old will return

On 04/01/2023 at 22:18, BonessBWAH_ said:

What a performance that was. Where’s that team been since the start of the season?

Gemmell back to his best, Ward pulling his weight after a rough start and what a player Wee Alassan is.

Good to see Watt back too.

Good away support ? Top the 50 mark ?