Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

Here's my view on the "offside goal".  It looked a good pass to a Celtic player who had timed his run through perfectly.   The pass deflected off a BU player on the way through and that deflection has confused the assistant who raised his flag.     It was a valid goal IMO.    Cameras were there so can check it later.

Ended 2-1 to Celtic. MOTM Hamilton

Thought the team played well tonight and can consider themselves unlucky to lose the game.
Max’s tactics were spot on and the midfield three held the line brilliantly.
Musa back in goal played well but their left winger roasted first Ryan then Dev and was a constant threat.
We also created a number of chances which we didn’t take but this has been an ongoing problem for us.
Don’t want to disagree with Dave, but Gemmell was outstanding tonight and a stick on for mom.
Hopefully the team can keep this level up on Saturday against Rangers and get a bit of luck which they didn’t get tonight.

Watched the supposed Highlights on YouTube this morning.  

Very Celtic biased editing.  Doesn't show the 1 on 1 chance for Zander on 5 mins. Doesn't show Alasson hitting the bar. They miss the Alasson goal but capture the BU post goal celebration. Makes it look as if Celtic were very dominant which they were not.   

The biggest moan though is the footage for the controversial "offside" goal starts with the scorer shooting the ball into the net.  They have edited out the through pass !!! Incompetent editing or a blatant cover up of another example of the Old Firm benefitting from biased officiating....make your own mind up.  

31 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Watched the supposed Highlights on YouTube this morning.  

Very Celtic biased editing.  Doesn't show the 1 on 1 chance for Zander on 5 mins. Doesn't show Alasson hitting the bar. They miss the Alasson goal but capture the BU post goal celebration. Makes it look as if Celtic were very dominant which they were not.   

The biggest moan though is the footage for the controversial "offside" goal starts with the scorer shooting the ball into the net.  They have edited out the through pass !!! Incompetent editing or a blatant cover up of another example of the Old Firm benefitting from biased officiating....make your own mind up.  

Thought we deserved more from the game but as has been mentioned we have to take our chances - and we had a few. 
The fitness levels that these full time players  have gives them a greater advantage towards the end of a match and it showed. 
Get them to f**k out the lowland league. I hear some money has been distributed to the clubs by the LL from selling it’s soul. Also grudged giving Celtic £10 - no concessions- last night really piss poor of them.

Good game last night, interesting watching with the different tactic approached. Celtic had more or the ball but BU the more clear cut chances on the break. Ref overruling his linesman was an odd one, went through a pile of legs so would have been hard to tell who if any the ball hit. Found him not sending the Celtic boy off for the tackle on Lennon Walker at the end even stranger, if being through on goal on the edge of the box isnt an obvious goalscoring opportunity then I don't know what is. Sure the defender may have got across, but it's still a goalscoring opportunity from where he was pulled down never mind if he progressed further.

7 hours ago, boheesian said:

Thought we deserved more from the game but as has been mentioned we have to take our chances - and we had a few. 
The fitness levels that these full time players  have gives them a greater advantage towards the end of a match and it showed. 
Get them to f**k out the lowland league. I hear some money has been distributed to the clubs by the LL from selling it’s soul. Also grudged giving Celtic £10 - no concessions- last night really piss poor of them.

Strong opinions.

Care to elaborate as regards lowland league “selling it’s soul”?

If you thought the entrance fee was too much then just don’t go .

Well done to all involved last night. Tactics were spot on and everyone worked there socks off both on and off the ball.

Young Celtic team were well drilled, movement and attacking ethos was good to watch which was well countered by Bo'ness tactics 

Jamie Hamilton had his best game so far and was my motm.

Celtic should be ashamed for overcharging and not having concessions for our more mature fans.

I'm also of the opinion that they should be removed from this tier of football and concretes the fact that money and power over rules the proper pyramid set up no matter if they are good to watch.

Not watched the highlights yet but at least they make the effort, wish bo'ness had volunteers who could video our games.

39 minutes ago, Number seven said:

Strong opinions.

Care to elaborate as regards lowland league “selling it’s soul”?

If you thought the entrance fee was too much then just don’t go .

Bo’ness offer concessions  - I pay full price at Newtown, my choice as I support the BU - Celtic apparently don’t.  Why?

I don’t think you need me to explain the reason why these professional Clubs require to muscle into a league they cannot win. Or maybe they have another motive

47 minutes ago, boheesian said:

Bo’ness offer concessions  - I pay full price at Newtown, my choice as I support the BU - Celtic apparently don’t.  Why?

I don’t think you need me to explain the reason why these professional Clubs require to muscle into a league they cannot win. Or maybe they have another motive

I think the clubs hope to develop players by playing in a competitive league rather than meaningless matches against boys of their own age.

Most of the players will not make it at their respective teams but may get a chance lower down the leagues maybe even at Bo’ness.

Surely we want to see players come through no matter what team they play for.

The progress of players in the set up before has not been working and youngsters are giving the game up too soon as they cannot cope with the physical side of the game having only played in their own age groups.

Please open up your mind to new ideas.

Oh and i’am sure the money from this weekend’s home gate v Rangers will be welcomed by the Treasurer.