Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

59 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Thought they colts teams couldn't be promoted. Do you think the rules will be changed  ?

At the moment they can't but if one of them win the league they'll not just sit back and accept it.

49 minutes ago, John S said:

At the moment they can't but if one of them win the league they'll not just sit back and accept it.

the rules cannot be changed.unless the pyramid leagues agree at the start of each season to do so, if one League says no then thats it

3 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Buit isn't the agreement that the three colts teams can play in the Lowland League for this  one season only?

the agreement was for one more season this one.most or all clubs who I've spoken to will definitely say no for another one regardless of any topping up of money 

Here's my team line up  for the visit of Penicuik on Saturday.   After their performance v Rangers B I reckon Hughes and Grant definitely get dropped.

With Alassan suspended I reckon we will see Walker out wide right and Locke in as a 10. 

So a 4-2-3-1

Musa .............(guessing that Adams is Cup tied ?)

McCormack RB

MacCauley LB

Todd and Hawkins the centrehalfs

Gemmell and Johnston defensive mids  (Max will probably go Gemmell and Hamilton)

Stevenson, Locke and Walker

Watt

That line up CRUSHES the CuikieCrew. 

13 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Here's my team line up  for the visit of Penicuik on Saturday.   After their performance v Rangers B I reckon Hughes and Grant definitely get dropped.

With Alassan suspended I reckon we will see Walker out wide right and Locke in as a 10. 

So a 4-2-3-1

Musa .............(guessing that Adams is Cup tied ?)

McCormack RB

MacCauley LB

Todd and Hawkins the centrehalfs

Gemmell and Johnston defensive mids  (Max will probably go Gemmell and Hamilton)

Stevenson, Locke and Walker

Watt

That line up CRUSHES the CuikieCrew. 

If Penicuik play like they did last week Boness would win if you were playing centre half.

13 hours ago, seenitall said:

Is that the same Adams the club have never told us about yet .

With the Bo'ness United website apparently abandoned we now rely on the BU Facebook and Twitter feeds for official news.   Tucked away in the middle of the Rangers B match report it mentions "recently signed goalkeeper Ali Adams".

There's low key and there's whatever that is.

Hopefully Max and the BU committee are spending their time working on how to get the missing fans back to Newtown Park.   

Linlithgow Rose v Penicuik attracted 770+ fans last week.  That's what happens when you have a consistent team and strikers who can put the ball in the net. 

3 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Hopefully Max and the BU committee are spending their time working on how to get the missing fans back to Newtown Park.   

Linlithgow Rose v Penicuik attracted 770+ fans last week.  That's what happens when you have a consistent team and strikers who can put the ball in the net. 

TBF there was a fair few boness lads at the game.

47 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

BU have goal scorers, it’s been the needless tinkering with the starting 11 and the formation that’s hindered it.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I think the problem lies within the first couple of words