Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

Think Stirling Uni still have scholarships for former pro youth players on the go:

https://www.stir.ac.uk/student-life/sport-at-stirling/performance-sport/football-men/

That doesn't necessarily take anything away from what the manager is achieving this season but it helps explain why they do a lot better than Edinburgh Uni.

15 minutes ago, Nicholas Rage said:

When I was there (albeit more than a decade ago) the uni were directly approaching players down south to play on scholarships for them. Signed a few boys from English championship youth setups.

They still need coached correctly and set up properly.

That doesn’t seem to be the case at Newtown .Changing a complete midfield at half time tells me Christie got it wrong again with his team selection.Surely he must have known that young full time pros would be full of running particularly early on.

Big surprise in the starting line up was goalkeeper Ally Adams.  Despite losing 4 goals he actually played well.  He does lots of shouting instructions to the defence which is good to hear.

I prefer Kyle Johnston to Declan Hughes but other than that no complaints from me with the starting line up given player availability.

3 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Big surprise in the starting line up was goalkeeper Ally Adams.  Despite losing 4 goals he actually played well.  He does lots of shouting instructions to the defence which is good to hear.

I prefer Kyle Johnston to Declan Hughes but other than that no complaints from me with the starting line up given player availability.

Adams is a decent keeper but is an absolute roaster hence why he never lasts too long at any club.

1 hour ago, Number seven said:

They still need coached correctly and set up properly.

That doesn’t seem to be the case at Newtown .Changing a complete midfield at half time tells me Christie got it wrong again with his team selection.Surely he must have known that young full time pros would be full of running particularly early on.

Always going to be tough against these very fit kids.  Maybe should have started with his second half team.

3 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Adams is a decent keeper but is an absolute roaster hence why he never lasts too long at any club.

Fuzzy, his reputation precedes him.   The big question is how many games until him and Max Christie have a massive fallout.  I reckon 5.

Alistair is a good option in goals. Yeah I'm sure he will voice his thoughts towards the management which isn't a bad thing?

Locke better further forward? 

Get rid of the B teams in the league, serves no purpose. 

Declan is a better option than Michael? 

I'm a better coach than Max? 😂

4 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Where was Alasan Jones today? Injured? Suspended?

3 hours ago, karate kid said:

Alistair is a good option in goals. Yeah I'm sure he will voice his thoughts towards the management which isn't a bad thing?

Locke better further forward? 

Get rid of the B teams in the league, serves no purpose. 

Declan is a better option than Michael? 

I'm a better coach than Max? 😂

It is crap that Rangers can effectively lend their B team players that have proven themselves capable of playing in the Premier League (Alex Lowry).

That said, at the moment Rangers would probably be better playing their B team youngsters in the top league  and their first team dross in the Lowland.

On 12/11/2022 at 20:17, Deanburn Dave said:

Adams a good signing, great keeper for this level!

It is crap that Rangers can effectively lend their B team players that have proven themselves capable of playing in the Premier League (Alex Lowry).
That said, at the moment Rangers would probably be better playing their B team youngsters in the top league  and their first team dross in the Lowland.

I thought that Celtic B against us at Airdrie was the best performance I had seen in the Lowland league up to this point but the standard of the Rangers B in the first half on Saturday was a different level to any Lowland league side I’ve seen.
We did better in the second half but that was only after they changed half of their team at the interval including Alex Lowry who was on a different planet from anyone else on the pitch. Think he should have been at Paisley instead of Dumbarton.

6 hours ago, dolly said:

I thought that Celtic B against us at Airdrie was the best performance I had seen in the Lowland league up to this point but the standard of the Rangers B in the first half on Saturday was a different level to any Lowland league side I’ve seen.
We did better in the second half but that was only after they changed half of their team at the interval including Alex Lowry who was on a different planet from anyone else on the pitch. Think he should have been at Paisley instead of Dumbarton.

Shouldn’t be in the league at all. This is just a smokescreen to get a promotion place nothing else.