Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

After 3 games you guys must have been creaming yourselves of 4 falkirk council astro derbies with the ochilview bunch. Guess you've hit several bumps since then. 

Borrowstounness fc proved tonight and in the scottish cup that they are really nothing special. Several more seasons of falkirk council astro derbies with the shire though.

42 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The Cowdenbeath pitch is a great advert for plastic pitches.  

Edited by CowdenMiners1204

10 hours ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

After 3 games you guys must have been creaming yourselves of 4 falkirk council astro derbies with the ochilview bunch. Guess you've hit several bumps since then. 

Borrowstounness fc proved tonight and in the scottish cup that they are really nothing special. Several more seasons of falkirk council astro derbies with the shire though.

Nah, not with Christie in charge. Unless Stenny got relegated.

You're right. We are nothing special and apart from the odd super optimistic fan, there's a lot of disenchantment on this thread with team selection and tactics under the current management. Admittedly, it's the only sample you can use but since we're unbeaten in two trips to Central Park this season and with my blue tinted specs on, should have won last night, it maybe says more about where you are just now.

Pitch wasn't the greatest but it's the same for both teams. Did the condition of it play a part in your goal? Possibly, but Musa should have done better regardless. Personally, I enjoy away trips to teams with grass pitches. Good trip down to Berwick a few weeks ago. The majority of Bo'ness fans didn't want the pitch ripped up at Newtown as it was a cracking playing surface (cue obsessed swanshagger reply that their playing surface is the bestest ever in the history of the universe) but we were told it would benefit the club going forward. Still up for debate IMO.

Bit of a doom and gloom post on your thread today regarding finances. Hope that's not the case but tough times for everyone.

12 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

...Maybe we’ll have a sugar daddy in 5 years time and can live beyond our means like many clubs at this level...

Worth bearing in mind that Bo'ness United are not one of the clubs living beyond their means. Just one of the stronger junior teams you would normally have expected to be in the last 16 of the Junior Cup pre-pyramid. With the obvious exception of Darvel there will be more former junior clubs like that entering the LL over the next 5 to 10 years that can do similar on putting a squad together without an external cash injection. Sounds like you will need to significantly improve your team budget from where it is now after you have lost the SPFL parachute payments you currently enjoy just to be able to stand still at this level in other words.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

31 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Worth bearing in mind that Bo'ness United are not one of the clubs living beyond their means. Just one of the stronger junior teams you would normally have expected to be in the last 16 of the Junior Cup pre-pyramid. With the obvious exception of Darvel there will be more former junior clubs like that entering the LL over the next 5 to 10 years that can do similar on putting a squad together without an external cash injection. Sounds like you will need to significantly improve your team budget from where it is now after you have lost the SPFL parachute payments you currently enjoy just to be able to stand still at this level in other words.

Yeah, I didn’t mean Bo’ness and when I read back my email I could see how people could think I meant they were being bankrolled.

Nothing at all against BU, enjoyed the back and forth since last night’s result. 😀

As for Cowden’s prospects short term, very tricky for many factors not least the shrinking income that you have alluded to.  Long term though I will be winning the lottery at some point, so all will be good. 😉

Edited by Cowdenleith

1 hour ago, bravehearts dad said:

And what about the stadium?

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

How are the fitting of the couple of planks of wood going at your ground, to form seating in the ‘stand’?  

Keep up your current form and we could be crossing swords again next season.

4 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

How are the fitting of the couple of planks of wood going at your ground, to form seating in the ‘stand’?  

Keep up your current form and we could be crossing swords again next season.

Linlithgow gave a good stand.

Nah, not with Christie in charge. Unless Stenny got relegated.
You're right. We are nothing special and apart from the odd super optimistic fan, there's a lot of disenchantment on this thread with team selection and tactics under the current management. Admittedly, it's the only sample you can use but since we're unbeaten in two trips to Central Park this season and with my blue tinted specs on, should have won last night, it maybe says more about where you are just now.
Pitch wasn't the greatest but it's the same for both teams. Did the condition of it play a part in your goal? Possibly, but Musa should have done better regardless. Personally, I enjoy away trips to teams with grass pitches. Good trip down to Berwick a few weeks ago. The majority of Bo'ness fans didn't want the pitch ripped up at Newtown as it was a cracking playing surface (cue obsessed swanshagger reply that their playing surface is the bestest ever in the history of the universe) but we were told it would benefit the club going forward. Still up for debate IMO.
Bit of a doom and gloom post on your thread today regarding finances. Hope that's not the case but tough times for everyone.

I actually thought we played quite well last night. We dominated the game, controlled the middle of the park and nobody would have argued if we had been 2 or 3 up by half time. Once we gave away another terrible goal it gave Cowdenbeath something to hold onto and they just kept hitting long balls.
Watt is a good old fashioned number 9, but he’s not a goal scorer and this is still the missing link as it has been for a long time.

5 minutes ago, dolly said:

I actually thought we played quite well last night. We dominated the game, controlled the middle of the park and nobody would have argued if we had been 2 or 3 up by half time. Once we gave away another terrible goal it gave Cowdenbeath something to hold onto and they just kept hitting long balls.
Watt is a good old fashioned number 9, but he’s not a goal scorer and this is still the missing link as it has been for a long time.

"Terrible goal" is an understatement.    There's a weak scuffed shot from ex Bo'ness Athletic player Scott Sinclair towards Musa the goalie does big Musa  :-

(a) stand where he is, bend and grab the ball .........or

(b) fall down on the ground and let the ball bounce over his massive body.    ?

The answer lies at about 1:45 in the YouTube video