Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

Feel sometimes Max’s changes of personnel do not alter games. 8 miles suggestion of Stevenson pace on the right with Dan the man in the middle leaving Walker to torment - as he did all night - the right side of their defence. might have given us a better option.

Edited by boheesian

47 minutes ago, MrIrvinePollock said:

Reading some of the the comments in this thread, makes me feel reassured that if, and when Max leaves Bo'ness....there are plenty of would-be managers ready to make the step up.

Fans of every team up and down the country criticise tactics, subs and team selection on a weekly basis…that’s just football.

when max came in to Boness, he turned around that team, won a cup, won the league. The first 2 LL seasons were difficult with Covid and in his 3 season we can all see he’s assembled a good squad with a mix of exciting youth (walker, Jones) and experience

8 hours ago, MrIrvinePollock said:

Reading some of the the comments in this thread, makes me feel reassured that if, and when Max leaves Bo'ness....there are plenty of would-be managers ready to make the step up.

I am assuming which ever Club you support you don’t have an opinion on what you watch. Football brings countless discussions whether they are right, wrong or indifferent.

14 hours ago, MrIrvinePollock said:

If you support your team then you have an opinion on players, tactics etc. Otherwise you’re just talking a load of Pollocks.

13 hours ago, MrIrvinePollock said:

I am the man ready to make the step up as and when Max calls it a day ..............I have a book setting out plans for "The Bo'ness Blitzkrieg" a 2-3-5 formation with defensive fullbacks, attacking centrehalfs and swashbuckling forwards ...............I think it could take us from Lowland League to European Fitbaw in 10 seasons.  

But until then #InMaxWeTrust 

Weather in Berwick looks better than it is in Bo'ness tomorrow. Should be dry for the whole match.  Gusty breeze coming from the West so the seated area gives the best cover from the wind.  And those hardy souls standing in the covered enclosure can look windswept and interesting as the windchill takes it down to 10C.  

Hopefully I will be kept warm bouncing up and down celebrating all those BU goals.

Mon the BU's !!!

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I am the man ready to make the step up as and when Max calls it a day ..............I have a book setting out plans for "The Bo'ness Blitzkrieg" a 2-3-5 formation with defensive fullbacks, attacking centrehalfs and swashbuckling forwards ...............I think it could take us from Lowland League to European Fitbaw in 10 seasons.  

But until then #InMaxWeTrust 

Bit early for the pantomime season DD. 

0-1 at halftime.  The BU's are probably fortunate to be a goal up.  Berwick took a poor penalty that Musa saved easily.  Berwick had a shot that for me crossed the line but the lineswoman didn't give it.   Couple of other decent chances that were not taken.     

The BU's have had a couple of good breaks with wee Lennon being the main danger man.