Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

7 minutes ago, NewtonBU said:

He’s still got a long way to go but in my opinion allasan Jones is the most exciting prospect we’ve had at Newton since Scott Pittman. Really enjoy watching how he plays

Alasson Jones is a classy player.  Scored a good goal today and was only denied a second by a great freekick save by the Shire keeper.   

Enjoy him while we can.

21 minutes ago, NewtonBU said:

He’s still got a long way to go but in my opinion allasan Jones is the most exciting prospect we’ve had at Newton since Scott Pittman. Really enjoy watching how he plays 

A very exciting player with lots of ability.

Love watching him play.

Makes things happen. 

I've seen comments elsewhere with a few Shire fans believing the early sending off was a harsh decision. I know I'm obviously biased but I thought it was clear cut, the defender preventing a clear goal scoring opportunity.

I agree with you about the red card John.   

A yellow card is only appropriate in circumstances where the referee is satisfied that the defender commits an "accidental foul" in the box.   A good example is where a defender sticks his foot out to get the ball, doesn't get it and trips the attacking player.  That's a Penalty + yellow card. 

"Deliberate fouls" will still incur a red card.   Those include holding, pulling or pushing or deliberate handball in order to deny a goalscoring opportunity.

The East Stirlingshire player clearly pulled back the Bo'ness player while making no attempt to play the ball. That should always be a red card.

The lesson defenders need to learn is to always try to make it look like they were going for the ball.

The sending off certainly made it easier but I have seen us struggle in similar situations. We did a thorough job on the Shire and it could have been more. Gave Max a chance to give some of the bench a run out and save some legs for Wednesdays toughie against CSS - who by their results a playing well.

Shire brought a few supporters with them and with a rough head count I made it around 400.