Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

Goalkeeper:-   Two big errors from Musa gifted OGB 2 goals.   Be surprised if Torres not in goal next Saturday.

Defence:- Despite losing 3 goals the defence didn't do a lot wrong today.    Don't like that Ward keeps backing off into the box when he is being attacked but otherwise they are a fairly competent unit.

Midfield:-  Hughes, Gemmell and Hamilton were solid enough  defensively but 2 of them are just not quick enough to support the attack.  

Forwards:- The BU's going forward had a few chances but didn't make the most of them.  Zander Miller not surprisingly is still a bit rusty.  Lennon Walker needs more game time. 

A few dispirited BU fans but for me I still believe "In Max we trust".

43 minutes ago, BonessBWAH_ said:

So that excuses him for losing 3 out of 4 where we would be expecting points?

Where in my post does it say that?

What I am saying is the players also have a responsibility, I mean a player who never showed anything on the park today, gets subbed and then gets sent off after the final whistle. Not good enough.

37 minutes ago, karate kid said:

What I am saying is the players also have a responsibility, I mean a player who never showed anything on the park today, gets subbed and then gets sent off after the final whistle. Not good enough.

It didn’t, but it seems like some fans always have an excuse for Christie (eg. Musa had a howler, which he did to be honest) but we have a solid squad there, A squad that could finish top 5 easily, only if they had a manager who knows how to play them, which I think Christie doesn’t 

Edited by BonessBWAH_

1 hour ago, karate kid said:

I feel for Ryan. He’s split opinions during his time at BU but started pre-season and the first few games playing wide left, finally seemed to have nailed down a position and was playing well with Jones on the opposite wing. Then Max came back and started making (imo) unnecessary changes. Speaking of, where was Jones today?

Edited by 8MileBU

30 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I feel for Ryan. He’s split opinions during his time at BU but started pre-season and the first few games playing wide left, finally seemed to have nailed down a position and was playing well with Jones on the opposite wing. Then Max came back and started making (imo) unnecessary changes. Speaking of, where was Jones today?

Holiday