Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

We were poor in the first as we couldn’t string 2 passes together. Max changed things a bit by bringing on Stevenson which gave us a bit more pace and then Zander (welcome back) which added support to Watt and we belatedly got into the game and almost snatched a draw. 
Felt the substitutions improved the team late on maybe some of them deserve a start.

John Ward our young left back had a really difficult game today.  He loves attacking and overlapping but alas he had meagre rations of both today. Looked obvious that EK were targeting that left back area for high balls and physical contests.  It was tough for Wardy but he did his best and gave his all.  He can hold his head high.

John Ward our young left back had a really difficult game today.  He loves attacking and overlapping but alas he had meagre rations of both today. Looked obvious that EK were targeting that left back area for high balls and physical contests.  It was tough for Wardy but he did his best and gave his all.  He can hold his head high.

You’re correct that EK targeted the left back area but think that both full backs struggled at times. We’ve closed the gap between us and not a lot of chances made by either team but worryingly that we didn’t get anything on target. A tight game settled by a soft goal but a good performance from the BU.

7 hours ago, guvnor said:

I would say it was a very well worked goal for EK Bo’ness done well but over the piece EK had the better chances 

Well worked up to the shot which I felt and a good few around me said the same Mussa should have saved. However, we are the best keepers and strikers in the crowd.

Now that Zander is back - and his fitness improves - Max will have more options. 

On 04/02/2019 at 06:36, Jambo'ness said:

Today, I'd like to take you to a League match in 2006 against Dundee North End.  The BU's won 3-1 and three players all scored their first goals of the season.  Can you name them?

Remember when JAMBONESS used to have a BU quiz.........

One of the goalscorers was Paul Parkin who will be the man in the dugout for Tranent on Saturday.

13 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Hopefully this has a negative effect on Saturday’s visitors. 

Unfortunately I’d expect little to have changed and Tranent to bring about a dozen (if we’re lucky) supporters with them.

There's a supporters bus coming through apparently. 

On 20/08/2022 at 20:37, Deanburn Dave said:

Apparently they had scouts at 2 of our matches compiling a dossier on our strengths and weaknesses and singled out young Ward as a player to target. 

12 hours ago, John S said:

There's a supporters bus coming through apparently. 

That’s good then hopefully it’s a coach and they fill it. 

I remember a couple of seasons back we had a couple of real feisty matches with them through at their place and both sets of fans getting hot under the collar too and expected they’d bring a good crowd to Bo’ness but alas it was barely a minibus full.