Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

Good chance to give some game time to guys who haven’t been playing much, but the team never got to grips with the game and it wasn’t a great watch. The attack without Watt was powderpuff and the midfield were poor.
We won but time to get back to a settled team.

6 minutes ago, dolly said:

Good chance to give some game time to guys who haven’t been playing much, but the team never got to grips with the game and it wasn’t a great watch. The attack without Watt was powderpuff and the midfield were poor.
We won but time to get back to a settled team.

Your right it wasn’t a great watch but was probably the only time Max could use the squad in light of the tough fixtures ahead.

Thought Kyle Johnston showed up well as the game progressed but as you said midfield didn’t get to grips with the game too many misplaced passes.

Zander Miller was supposed to be given a runout up at Harthill but that was optimistic thinking by the BU's.    He is still several weeks behind where he would hope to be.   

That's the physical side but when he does get back on the pitch how will he be mentally ? 

With Jack Smith not likely to return anytime soon we currently have limited options.

I  would like to give a shout for Charlie Patrick for his recognition  for 60yrs service to the BU''S by the SFA. A man of few words Charlie has been kitman etc. in all these years and can be seen wherever the boys are playing. He has experienced the very highs and the very lows of the club but could always be relied upon to always be there no matter what.

Well done Charlie.

6 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Zander Miller was supposed to be given a runout up at Harthill but that was optimistic thinking by the BU's.    He is still several weeks behind where he would hope to be.   

That's the physical side but when he does get back on the pitch how will he be mentally ? 

With Jack Smith not likely to return anytime soon we currently have limited options.

Wishing Zander and the injured players a speedy recovery.

Zander has a few hurdles to go over but will hopefully get back to form.

Matter of time before jack gets back and will give good option.

Nick got a sore one and hope he returns soon, he's certainly a miss. 

Second this, Charlie bleeds Bo'ness United. I remember Charlie running the line in the 70s before juniors had linesmen assigned. Always helped me out when I needed to borrow a set of strips for tournaments.

I  would like to give a shout for Charlie Patrick for his recognition  for 60yrs service to the BU''S by the SFA. A man of few words Charlie has been kitman etc. in all these years and can be seen wherever the boys are playing. He has experienced the very highs and the very lows of the club but could always be relied upon to always be there no matter what.
Well done Charlie.

23 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Hearts B the visitors tomorrow.  Big win  6-0 v Berwick Rangers on day one.   After that 2 draws and 2 defeats.  

Feeling hopeful rather than confident.

Mon the BU's !!!

Their not great good chance you’ll beat them.

Loaned one of their players to Kelty today, also Connor Smith just seems to feature in midweek when there’s no first team game.